IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Baer Field (IN). NEW 1/4 MILE DIRT TRACK - 2017 Schedule
2/6/17, 1:17 AM   #1
Baer Field (IN). NEW 1/4 MILE DIRT TRACK - 2017 Schedule
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Baer Field Motorsports Park
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
New 1/4 mile dirt track - 2017 schedule & Payouts

Last edited by nathans1012; 2/6/17 at 1:37 AM.

2 members like this post: EBookerFan, fish
2/6/17, 6:40 AM   #2
MIracing

I'm not trying to sound negative but isn't $20 for every show kind of steep? Even some of their specials aren't usually $20 at other tracks.

1 member likes this post: Stevensville Mike
2/6/17, 9:28 AM   #3
Re: Baer Field (IN). NEW 1/4 MILE DIRT TRACK - 2017 Schedule
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIracing View Post
I'm not trying to sound negative but isn't $20 for every show kind of steep? Even some of their specials aren't usually $20 at other tracks.
It's a good question. I thought so too, especially when you consider their pavement program only costs $12 to get into the grandstands.

Their purse is a bit more on the dirt side but with them trying to run against nearby Montpelier plus Shadyhill and Plymouth on Saturday nights there is no telling what they'll get in terms of car count.

1 member likes this post: Stevensville Mike
2/6/17, 2:38 PM   #4
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIracing View Post
An eyebrow was raised here in Stevensville when I read what you noted.

Montpelier & Butler are $12 weekly, with the latter being $10 for seniors.

I can remember raising a point like this when Plymouth went full dirt a couple of years ago. I thought some of their prices were a little higher than most for what they were offering and I got some stout pushbacks for my cheap way of thinking.

This year, so far for their 2017 schedule, Plymouth, has NO prices for their weekly events other than their USAC, WoO, and Hell Tour nights. So one wonders where this is going to turn out. But then I looked at Kalamazoo Speedway's prices and they are also mum on them on their 2017 schedule.

Either way, good spot, MIracing. Good spot. We all have our price limits.

2/6/17, 5:20 PM   #5
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
This year, so far for their 2017 schedule, Plymouth, has NO prices for their weekly events other than their USAC, WoO, and Hell Tour nights. So one wonders where this is going to turn out. But then I looked at Kalamazoo Speedway's prices and they are also mum on them on their 2017 schedule.

Either way, good spot, MIracing. Good spot. We all have our price limits.
Plymouth is selling tickets for their World of Outlaws show for $37. I know the days of $5 tickets are gone but $37? You've got to be kidding, Haubstadt and Lawrenceburg have their tickets listed for $30 and the racing that takes place at those two tracks puts Plymouth to shame.

1 member likes this post: stealth43k
2/6/17, 8:28 PM   #6
TCR57

Then go to the other tracks Nate. It's like complaining for the cost of the same meal at different restaurants- do you do that too? But I guess the tracks aren't open yet so why not bash em?

1 member likes this post: fish
2/6/17, 9:45 PM   #7
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCR57 View Post
Then go to the other tracks Nate. It's like complaining for the cost of the same meal at different restaurants- do you do that too? But I guess the tracks aren't open yet so why not bash em?
I'll do exactly that. No reason to spend extra money.

And I'm not trying bash tracks, the track above I mentioned that's trying to make a few extra bucks on WoO tickets needs no bashing from me. What drivers and fans have to say about the place says enough for me.

2/6/17, 10:32 PM   #8
Stevensville Mike

As fans, I am asking that we ease off of trading punches amongst fellow forum members for now. The thread started with the posting of the schedule and the price of admission was noted. I compared it to tracks that are in the vicinity that run Saturday Nights, and now we are poking at each other. Granted, I have had my share of "pokes" and it leads to nowhere when it is all said and done. Let's leave that to that other forum out there.

Baer Field is a new venue - for dirt. They have to sell the fans on it and they have to make a good show of it with track prep. Yes, Plymouth has struggled with this. At least the times I have been there, the track has been a dust bowl, but they are, and will improve their formula. I am sure of it. No one hits the nail on the head the first time they swing a hammer.

The comparison of tracks in the vicinity, though.... BF are asking fans to reach deeper in their pockets. With the exception of the SOD race early on, I doubt the fans up I-69 who frequent Butler are not going to give Baer Field a look. $12 at Butler and you can bring your own beer.....?

Montpelier has a good card this year for Midgets. Are the open wheel fans going to go up I-69 for UMP Mods at a higher price?

On the UP side, Baer Field is in Ft. Wayne, which has a much larger population than a lot of other places where there are tracks. Let's hope they can pull new fans, and old fans in for that matter, and make a good go of it. Looks like they might have some good Late Model shows.

No one on here wants this place to fail. And I mean "no one". But from what we are looking at, they are possibly setting an early precedence for an uphill battle, and a long row to hoe. I am sure it is a tough call on how to make it work. It is easy for me, and us, for we are not putting out the $$$ to attempt it. We are just putting out a few dollars to watch and then decide from there.

Best wishes to all at Baer Field this year.
Last edited by Stevensville Mike; 2/6/17 at 10:34 PM.

3 members like this post: Nate, nathans1012, Simon_says17
2/6/17, 11:01 PM   #9
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

They are scheduled to have mts sprints the same night Montpelier has boss. Montpelier and Baerfield are reasonably close together. It's early..Will be interesting to see how things unfold everywhere this year.

Tk

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
2/8/17, 9:22 PM   #10
Can26

I thought about going to a supercross race at the Toronto Rodger's center. When I saw the ticket price of $137CND I stopped thinking about it real quick! $40 for a WOO show or any other sprint car show for that matter, seams quite a bargin.

2 members like this post: fish, TNRustler
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Baer Field (IN). NEW 1/4 MILE DIRT TRACK - 2017 Schedule