IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS schdedule has been updated... with USAC races.
3/10/10, 3:20 PM   #21
Re: LPS schdedule has been updated... with USAC races.
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneMugavin57 View Post
Thanks Kirk. Now can we get Lawrenceburg listed at the right size on the USAC schedule?
I've been trying for 2 years to get it changed to 3/8ths. minor detail but when its in the Speed Sport News and every other publication it get under my skin a bit. Oh well, hope to see you all very soon.
Dave

3/11/10, 10:08 PM   #22
kcarm92

can anyone say one lane burn't up race track. as much as i would like to qualify this not days of old, 60 plus cars taking a lap possably two? with this time zone we are in now no way to save track in the summer heat, just my 2 - cents

3 members like this post: grumpy racer, JEFFSTOY, Sprint63122
3/11/10, 11:34 PM   #23
410racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarm92 View Post
can anyone say one lane burn't up race track. as much as i would like to qualify this not days of old, 60 plus cars taking a lap possably two? with this time zone we are in now no way to save track in the summer heat, just my 2 - cents
This is a good point. The track held up very well last year without quals even as late as the sun sometimes set. Heck, sometimes the sprint feature was done before sunset. Would the track hold up after qualifications of both classes? If it doesn't, would they go back to pill draw? Don't you still pill draw for your spot to qualify? Seems like luck is involved no matter which way you do it but i can see the reasoning on both sides of it.

3/12/10, 1:58 AM   #24
r_harper

Qualifying! Yes!

3/12/10, 2:07 AM   #25
cshuman

this is obviously just my opinion, although I agree that the daylight savings time deal has played a role, alot of the track prep now days has consisted of taking a dry, dusty, rocky track... and waiting till 4 pm the day of the race to dump a couple loads of water and go racing. I can remember at times this year one particular track having a black groove and cusion still on it from the week before. This sport started with qualifying and I think it is a HUGE part of the night of racing. I understand that there may be some fans, but still the minority that dont want to watch qualifying, but it part of the sport. There are nights where good cars start 8th or 10th in a heat due to a bad draw and dont get to a transfer and miss the show. With the competition as strong as it is, and the race tracks not always having the best racing conditions in heats races, more often then not, your night is pretty much decided for you when you draw that number at the window. Thats not racing to me.. but like everyone else, whether we qualify or draw, I will still show up and race cuz thats what we do and no matter how stupid it can be at times, its what we love..

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, SprintManDave
3/12/10, 2:41 AM   #26
wolfracer69

as far as track prep I can recall the race tracks starting to work the tracks after that nights racing was over and work it through the week and track was good all weekend long when they ran 2 races a weekend so it can be done if it is done right

1 member likes this post: Sprint63122
3/15/10, 11:58 PM   #27
Joe Snyder

Daylight savings is of course an issue but....

For local races, why not have some sort of car count rule. I'm just picking a number without much thought but: If its 35+ cars we will draw, anything under that we qualify. Some sort of compromise.

I could be wrong, but if I rememebr correctly, many top 10 qualifying times during sprint week last year came from farther down in the qual order. Not at all tracks but quite a few. Be curious is someone has a rundown of this. Kind of like Bill W does on hoseheads in his rundown of events for I think Knoxville where he makes note of where guys went out in order.

I just love qualifying, always have. But realize some don't. I could use Kokomo as a an example saying that they qualify and it works fine there...but Kokomo has been prepared unbelievably the last few years so its almost not fair to compare most other tracks to them.

3/16/10, 1:05 AM   #28
D.O.

Spiker said tonight at the show said that they have rebuilt the shepsfoot and replaced the bearings in it too. That should help.

He has rebuilt the top concession stand and beer garden.
New fences in place up top.

ANybody looking for old back to 2007 LPS t-SHirts you should contact the track as Joe said they found a bunch of T-s that were stored.

Test Day April 3rd. Iow-Racin'-Fest April 10th

3/16/10, 8:28 AM   #29
JEFFSTOY

thank MITCH the ***** DANIELS for this. i voted for him because he said this wasnt going to happen and thats the 1st thing he did. what an a hole. sorry for language but if everyone takes notice this is when we all started to eat dust regular at night and also black grooves everynite. again SORRY but this is a pet peeve of mine. Im talking about daylight savings time
Last edited by JEFFSTOY; 3/16/10 at 8:30 AM.

2 members like this post: Dwayne, SprintManDave
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS schdedule has been updated... with USAC races.