IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint week question
3/15/10, 7:58 PM   #1
Sprint week question
a tall Short fan 36

I just found out that my week of vacation from work starts on the first Saturday of Sprint week and goes through the entire next week....so my brother and I are renting an RV and going to hit all the races except the first one (Lawrenceburg)... my qustion is ..what we can do from Monday morning after Kokomo until Tuesday at Twin Cities ???? Was possibly thinking of a tour of Indy Motor Speedway....any other ideas???

Hope to see Short racing at most of the events!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by a tall Short fan 36; 3/15/10 at 7:59 PM.

3/15/10, 8:30 PM   #2
Re: Sprint week question
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

If you are going to IMS,maybe you could visit the museum?

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

3/15/10, 9:26 PM   #3
Bad Dad 54

Yes most definetly go to the museum $3 and take a ride around the track $3, best $6 bucks I ever spent. If your a history buff go downtown to the river front and see the Congressional Medal of Honor Memorial. Also a tribute to those who served and died on the USS Indianapolis is there. Do a search on the net to find items in different towns in the area. Skip the Hard Rock Cafe not worth it to me.

3/15/10, 9:30 PM   #4
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by a tall Short fan 36 View Post
I just found out that my week of vacation from work starts on the first Saturday of Sprint week and goes through the entire next week....so my brother and I are renting an RV and going to hit all the races except the first one (Lawrenceburg)... my qustion is ..what we can do from Monday morning after Kokomo until Tuesday at Twin Cities ???? Was possibly thinking of a tour of Indy Motor Speedway....any other ideas???

Hope to see Short racing at most of the events!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
take a ride around the track at the greatest track in the world when you go to ims

3/15/10, 9:50 PM   #5
Jonr

Going to IMS is a must. You can spend more (20$ bucks???) and do a behind the scenes tour. Deffinitely better than the one lap ride around.

3/15/10, 10:21 PM   #6
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

I haven't been, but you might check out Racin with D O Show at I believe Kelly's Pub on Monday night.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

3/16/10, 5:04 AM   #7
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
I haven't been, but you might check out Racin with D O Show at I believe Kelly's Pub on Monday night.
I have been and it is a great idea. I plan to be there. Oops, now they will move it. . . .

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint week question