IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The National Wingless Tour
6/25/09, 3:57 PM   #1
The National Wingless Tour
Jackslash.com

We need 40 dates across the country and a $50,000 point fund and the "National Wingless Tour" is a reality.

The time is now!

3 members like this post: Bruce Harrison, the1jet17
6/25/09, 4:28 PM   #2
Re: The National Wingless Tour
Fisher79

40 hell, make it 60.

6/25/09, 4:35 PM   #3
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackslash.com View Post
We need 40 dates across the country and a $50,000 point fund and the "National Wingless Tour" is a reality.

The time is now!
First driver in line will be Motormasher!

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/25/09, 4:40 PM   #4
Tim Clauson

More importantly then a 50K point fund pay 10K to win $1000 to start and you would have at least 25 teams lined up to do it.

6/25/09, 4:51 PM   #5
Jackslash.com

I can assure you that it will pay better than the other series.

6/25/09, 5:50 PM   #6
Stagger

Hell Ya.....It is TIME.

6/25/09, 6:09 PM   #7
kylenap@yahoo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher79 View Post
40 hell, make it 60.
Hell make it 80 and make it actually NATIONAL. CA, WA, FL, NY and everywhere in between. The only problem that I would see is support outside of say CA, AZ, NM, IN, OH, IL. We can dream though.

6/25/09, 7:48 PM   #8
the1jet17

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 21

Now i dont post on here too often but with this i'd like to see this plan go through.

Anything more then 40 your going to have to watch it if you want to have a points fund. Because for say not a low buck team but in the mid range. That would be very hard on equipment and they might not have the money to do every single show causing them not to want to run for points. 40 races i do believe is a good amount. Starting in like late february in california and then traveling around. Making it back to some legendary places would be cool though. Hitting tracks that maybe other series dont normally run at or maybe if they dont normally run 410 sprint cars. There are so many possibilities if you could get the funding to do it. I do know something was made kind of for this purpose but i never really heard the end of it. It was the NWWC(Non Wing World Championship) and that was one heck of a series and was a shame that it closed for reasons i dont know of. I do know that if you could make this work it would be better for the fans and racers. Payout enough for people to come back and race the next week and with the amount of cars say that Tim had said, it sounds like some pretty stiff competition could come through.

6/25/09, 8:03 PM   #9
mayor31

Just get a $1000 saction fee for each track and there is $40,000 right there.Or even $800 and you get $32,000. Just a thought they need to pay you something for bring them the show. jmo

6/25/09, 8:05 PM   #10
BrentTFunk

Who's putting up the money?
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 6/25/09 at 8:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The National Wingless Tour