IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tire Dopers
4/1/22, 10:18 AM   #191
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
I agree with very little of what you post, but in this case I think you're spot on.
Good people can agree to civilly disagree. IMHO all of us, including myself, need to aspire to this.

2 members like this post: PJ Wright, sprint38racer
4/1/22, 12:20 PM   #192
Re: Tire Dopers
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Just seen this on FB and am inclined to agree

Lonnie Wheatley
h01tmhmSm6h sog8hrulr3gi7g9sd ·
It seems everyone loves to overreact.
When four out of four tire tests fail in an identical manner, it's a very strong indicator that there was a flaw in the manner of testing.
For example, it's similar to having five cars roll across the scales. If one weighs light, then it's probably light. But when all five weigh light, it's a safe assumption that the scales are not properly calibrated.
Props to USAC for going to great lengths to determine the validity or lack thereof of the original testing procedure and not penalizing teams unduly.
Race on...

1 member likes this post: Rcar
4/1/22, 12:33 PM   #193
sp6967

when four teams tires fail for the identical dope, i am thinking that got there dope from the same supplier.

4/1/22, 12:35 PM   #194
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6967 View Post
when four teams tires fail for the identical dope, i am thinking that got there dope from the same supplier.
Except what was found in the results was no KNOWN tire doping compound exactly the same on four different teams, and by only one lab of three.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/1/22 at 12:46 PM.

4/1/22, 1:01 PM   #195
Kart#51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Except what was found in the results was no KNOWN tire doping compound exactly the same on four different teams, and by only one lab of three.
I'll ask this question. Was the same lab used by WRG and USAC for the initial positive tests? If that is the case, and this lab is "delinquent" in their process wouldn't you think the Late Model and Big Block guys getting tested by WRG group have already screamed and said this lab is invalid? Maybe this lab is a better lab and more sophisticated at testing? Maybe they caught something that others have yet to catch? Lets remember, Late Models are the Kings of tire prep in the mainstream dirt racing world.

Also, my other question, is that if there were 4 positive samples and they took 6 samples(top three each night is my understanding) what happened to the two that didn't test positive by the "invalid" lab? Was their tire prepped less or just a different prep or was it untreated? There in lies the question, keep in mind if 6 samples were taken not all failed, which makes this whole situation more shady vs. just a bad testing lab.

There was someone earlier in this thread that said their tire passed whether it was at Ocala or Volusia is irrelevant if the same initial lab was used, which means there are tires that are meeting the spec baseline. I"m sure Messeraull and Leary were both tested from Volusia and neither of them showed a positive test. Again, if the same lab was used and the 4 positives were invalid then wouldn't all tires tested with the lab be positive?

Just using logic,

This feel like the Ray Lewis scenario. All evidence points to a guilty verdict and he was acquitted so I guess it doesn't matter, right?
Last edited by Kart#51; 4/1/22 at 1:11 PM.

5 members like this post: bighd0522, dshort36, PIT CART, Pitdad, yeleyfan76
4/1/22, 1:13 PM   #196
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart#51 View Post
I'll ask this question. Was the same lab used by WRG and USAC for the initial positive tests? If that is the case, and this lab is "delinquent" in their process wouldn't you think the Late Model and Big Block guys getting tested by WRG group have already screamed and said this lab is invalid? Maybe this lab is a better lab and more sophisticated at testing? Maybe they caught something that others have yet to catch? Lets remember, Late Models are the Kings of tire prep in the mainstream dirt racing world.

Also, my other question is that if there were 4 positive samples and they took 6 samples(top three each night is my understanding) what happened to the two that didn't test positive by the "invalid" lab? Was their tire prepped less or just a different prep or was it untreated? There in lies the question, keep in mind if 6 samples were taken not all failed, which makes this whole situation more shady vs. just a bad testing lab.

There was someone earlier in this thread that said their tire passed whether it was at Ocala or Volusia is irrelevant if the same initial lab was used, which means there are tires that are meeting the spec baseline.
If you talking about Blue Ridge Labs, a bunch of late model drivers and teams have already thrown a fit with them and the test. They have been for a good number of years now. Just go ask Jason Feger, Ricky Thornton Jr, Bobby Pierce, Eddie Carrier Jr, & Scott Bloomquist just to name a few. By the way there are a whole bunch more drivers I can add to that list but I’ll stop and those few. I knew a few that have been screwed by that lab in particular.
Last edited by nathans1012; 4/1/22 at 1:14 PM.

4/1/22, 1:18 PM   #197
Charles Nungester

I don't know all that. I read through Lonnies replies and one triple crown driver posted that one of the labs that USAC went too was very expensive and has a outstanding reputation that their findings had stood up in court several times and that the cost was probably why it wasn't used in the first place.

Also that Tires are made in batches and have some softening compounds in them when made. If four teams got four tires from a batch a guy put a half cup too much chemical B into one batch and not the others That could show up as a Annomily to the baseline. But not a known cheating chemical

Some teams will buy as needed, Some buy a dozen at a time. Would be nothing for a team to have a tire on that was made two years ago, but not used till it matched the Left rear they were using at the time for the stagger they wanted. Thats what all the crayon is on tires . 96.5" 95.6 could be the same brand, size and compound but thats what it measures mounted and aired.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/1/22 at 1:30 PM.

1 member likes this post: WB22
4/1/22, 1:55 PM   #198
dustbowl

Or the newest prep is using the softening compound that Hoosier itself is using, rendering some tests that are just testing what chemicals are in the tire as negative tests, while a more advance test gives the red flag/fail due to having too much. And nobody is using tires from two years ago, with last years limits and the tire shortage that supply is long gone.

2 members like this post: sprint38racer, TQ97
4/1/22, 2:35 PM   #199
Charles Nungester

Everyones entitled to their view of it. But I've come to the Conclusion USAC proved the original lab was faulty and that no team cheated and the WRG findings are the ones now susceptible to speculation if the same lab was used.

The teams that run up front would have been there cheating or not. And from seeing cheating a couple times, The cheater knowing there is testing in the top three doesn't podium on purpose. Like a 410 used in a crown car. (Long time ago, land far far away)

Heck there was a extra hundred for bombers who used Turbo Blue. After winning we said hell yeah we use it. Testing found the Shell Premium we filled before going to the track
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/1/22 at 3:16 PM.

4/1/22, 3:05 PM   #200
sp6967

With l-burg not running. whats the chances of the boycott to continue at the next dope wars race?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tire Dopers