IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Joe Spiker runs Putnamville now
7/4/09, 11:04 AM   #71
Re: Joe Spiker runs Putnamville now
mscs20

I agree with Mike Hess, how is this good for anyone in Illinois. Of all the Sat tracks, VCS has the others covered. Each track has plenty of cars, so why would anyone think one less is better? At VCS he could run sprints any night of the week and there will be enough cars. And Spiker Promotions doesnt stand a chance on a Friday running tin tops only, a lot of those fans are fixtures at Don Hammers Farmer City Raceway.

7/4/09, 11:09 AM   #72
Tripp22

[QUOTE=MHess;115957]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I for one welcome one less Sat night track, I think all will benifit from it.

Well i'm glad you think that us that live in illinois will benefit from it cuz I don't see it....
We have raced 17 nights this year in Ill. and it is July. What hurts the most is we never put the wing on the car just trying to support none wing sprints in Ill. Now I'm some what regetting not going to the wing shows in Jacksonville and just running Danville. It seems the more we try to support a track the sooner they cut us. The future of sprints at Jacksonville is really in question, and now with this news it's a shame. I was hopeing that sprints car racing was making a come back in Ill. Heck we had sprint week and it was started by Don Hammer who only runs fenders. This is such a great day Happy 4th let the fireworks start.

7/4/09, 11:15 AM   #73
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

think ole da will try and run tommorrow if he gets rained out...taking any bets
Posted via Mobile Device

7/4/09, 11:22 AM   #74
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

I would if I was him or if I was Spiker I would want him to so I could tell everyone what the plan is

7/4/09, 11:24 AM   #75
zeroracer

i hope they do try too

7/4/09, 11:25 AM   #76
winged and non-winged

What a kick in the balls to all sprint car racers in Illinois! I feel sorry for all the racers that have supported the speedway all season long... Joe Spiker lied to all racers, especially the sprint cars. He built this thing up and guaranteed that his place was going to be "The Sprint Car Track" for the next three years. What a lying sack of poop! Several people purchased sprint cars and committed to running his track because they believed what he told them. In my mind this makes him no better than Dave Allison, both being liars! I have several questions for the VCS people..
1. How do you pay the points fund? There are new chassis setting there for a couple of class champs, will the current point leaders be the 2009 champs and recieve the tropheys, money, and chassis.
2. Will the MSCS race that is scheduled be honored or canceled?
3. Will any Illinois cars that were stuck in the ass by the speedway owner go and support him at Putnamville?

I GUESS TIME WILL TELL

7/4/09, 11:46 AM   #77
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

im sure they will get everything that he said they were going to get..dont blame him...he cannot buy vcs it will always be a rental somebodys dumps a boatload of money in a track and it isnt his
Posted via Mobile Device

7/4/09, 12:06 PM   #78
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallsracing View Post
im sure they will get everything that he said they were going to get..dont blame him...he cannot buy vcs it will always be a rental somebodys dumps a boatload of money in a track and it isnt his
Posted via Mobile Device
also he will now drive 5 miles to a place he owns and is able to do what ever he wants with out asking anyone else compared to driving 70 miles to a place he rented and had to get someones permission to change anything.

who can say they would not do the same

7/4/09, 12:24 PM   #79
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlene View Post
Why don't all you speculators get off your as--s and give joe a call. Maybe instead of listening to people who think they know everything DO . the right thing and find out from the source. attend a drivers meeting, ask the right questions to the right people and get the answers straight from the source.
I have. :2: that's why I know nothing has been officially cut from VCS.

YOO HOO... JOE SPIKER OWNS LPS!!!! As Mr. Happy stated in an earlier post... OMFG There really is a Santa Claus.

7/4/09, 12:40 PM   #80
starlene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
I have. :2: that's why I know nothing has been officially cut from VCS.

YOO HOO... JOE SPIKER OWNS LPS!!!! As Mr. Happy stated in an earlier post... OMFG There really is a Santa Claus.
Hey Bill since you seem to know more than most how about a definative answer OWNS or LEASE?

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Joe Spiker runs Putnamville now