IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Angel Park Track Reviews
5/27/14, 1:38 PM   #11
SETracing

Race Count This Year: 57

Don't care for the lower classes? I own a restricted midget/sportsman midget/ midget lite because that is what I can afford. We won the heat Saturday night going away and ran it up to 2nd in the main before the fuel pump imploded ending our weekend. We gave up a 75 point lead in the IMRA Midget Lites to come run at the famed Angell Park Speedway.....so we come and support the show but we are not supported? This is how my brother and I can race but it's good to know people don't much care for us.....

4 members like this post: dirtball, griffithracing, jjones752, Task Force
5/27/14, 4:39 PM   #12
Re: Angel Park Track Reviews
PARKS

Matt,
I know that's what he said but I don't think it was ment in a negative tone. You guys keep coming up here, it's a great place to race and an even better place to hone your skills no matter what division you race in.

5/27/14, 10:34 PM   #13
Tim Watson

Where was Pickens?

5/28/14, 2:28 AM   #14
John P Huss

Matt- Keep coming to Angell Park!
Best Regards,
John

5/28/14, 10:01 AM   #15
Manic Racing

Matt, I know the Hung Throttle guys pretty well. Ive been on the podcast a few times as well. They also had Ray Seach and Derrick Gough on there during their Illini Racing Series runs. Please, don't take that how it sounded. Those guys support any and all forms of racing I promise you that. Hey Lugnut......how about a show coming up soon with the boys from SETRacing? Heck, I'll even show up too. Thats if you'd want an old washed up/never was. haha

5/28/14, 4:00 PM   #16
Angel Park Track Reviews..........
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
Where was Pickens?
Tim...think it was heard hes running a few Sprint Cars with help from the Kaeding crew!!..........

1 member likes this post: Tim Watson
5/31/14, 9:51 AM   #17
hungthrottlepodcast

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SETracing View Post
Don't care for the lower classes? I own a restricted midget/sportsman midget/ midget lite because that is what I can afford. We won the heat Saturday night going away and ran it up to 2nd in the main before the fuel pump imploded ending our weekend. We gave up a 75 point lead in the IMRA Midget Lites to come run at the famed Angell Park Speedway.....so we come and support the show but we are not supported? This is how my brother and I can race but it's good to know people don't much care for us.....
Sorry about that, I didn't mean for my comments to come off that way. Poor choice of words on my part. I've got nothing but respect for anybody who puts on a helmet and do love all racing. It was meant to relate back to the days when Sunday nights had one division and 30+ cars showed up. Like I said, I hope every week 90 cars show up for all 3 divisions, that would be great for the track and the fans in the stands.

5/31/14, 10:14 AM   #18
staggerman

This Sunday they are running 4 classes, IRA, Badger Midgets, 600's and Legends. While the IRA will be the only class large enough for a b main still too many classes. Isn't the AP curfew 10:00 pm!

1 member likes this post: dirtball
5/31/14, 11:30 AM   #19
Gapinski

“Norm Nelson Classic next at Angell Park”
Badger Midgets, Micros, IRA Sprints, Legends-June 1

By Bryan Gapinski
Sun Prairie, Wis., May 27---The "1st annual Norm Nelson Classic" is slated for Sunday Night June 1 at Angell Park Speedway, and will feature four divisions: The All-New Zimbrick Chevrolet of Sun Prairie/Mid-State Equipment Badger Midget Racing Series, Badger 600 Micros, IRA Bumper to Bumper Outlaws Sprint Cars Series and the Wisconsin Dirt Legends.

The race will honor Norm Nelson who won the first ever midget feature at the track on June 2, 1946. Nelson also won inaugural Interstate Racing Association (IRA) Championship in 1960. Nelson's career is also highlighted by three USAC National Stock Car Championships, and 35 USAC Stock Car wins. Nelson's eleven victories at the famed Milwaukee Mile place him second on the all-time win list.

The event will be one of two events at the track for IRA, and ends a twenty-nine year absence of Winged 410 Sprint Car racing at the track. Grandstands open at 4:30 pm, practice and qualifying beginning at 6:00 pm, with racing to follow.

Current Points:
Badger Midgets: 1. Christopher Bell 319; 2. Tanner Thorson 242; 3. Rico Abreu 240; 4. Parker Price-Miller 200; 5. Zach Daum 198; 6. Daniel Robinson 172; 7. Jake Blackhurst 147; 8. Andrew Felker 143; 9. Darren Hagen 119; 10. Scott Hatton 115.

Badger 600 Micros:1. Brandon Sletten 345; 2. Tory Strauss 282; 3. Will Gerrits 266; 4. Matt Paderta 238; 5. Chad Bogar 222; 6. Ben Paderta 220; 7. Bobby Ollerman 181; 8. Zach Boden 175; 9. Dusty Gerrits 166; 10. Vance Lein 166.
##

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Angel Park Track Reviews