IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wal-mart
2/28/09, 11:09 AM   #1
Wal-mart
sc96

This not racing related but something every person should Know. The news keeps pumping up wal-mart saying how there profits are growing. Well let me fill you all in on a secret they do not own anything that they put on there shelves. And the suppliers who put stuff in a wal-mart do not get paid untill the item has sold. If wal-mart orders 100,000 T shirts and only sells 25,000 you the suplier eats the other 75,000 and if you dont deliver the 100,000 ordered say send 50,000 then when 25,000 have sold send another 25,000 they wont pay you one red cent at all. And if you are a private contracter doing work for them they will find a way not to pay you. For example 1st hand experience we did site excavation for a new store there were underground drainage tile that were unknown and not reported on any soil borings, Removing them was not part of our scope of work, When they were found we were told by wal-marts supertendent to put together an estimate on what it would cost to remove them and replace with compacted fill. Our estimate was 1.2 million lowest of 4 other estimates from other contracters. We had wal-mart sign a change order then did the work we completed the work 355,000 under our estimate took that amount off the change order price AND STILL HAVE NOT BEEN PAID 3 YEARS LATER FOR ANYTHING ON THE CHANGE ORDER. That is the reason wal-mart is making so much money they will not pay and for every lawyer we have they have 10,THANKS FOR LETTING ME GET THIS OFF MY CHEST.

2/28/09, 11:23 AM   #2
Re: Wal-mart
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Always nice to here the inside scoop!!....but not to the little guys,from the big guys,sorry to hear bout your deal with Wal-Mart!!....I'll remember,next time I shop!!...was about to hit one here in Perris,Ca.!!
Last edited by AustinSprinter; 2/28/09 at 11:26 AM. Reason: additional comment!!.....

2/28/09, 11:56 AM   #3
sc96

I just thought people should know how they operate they ARE NOT HONERABLE PEOPLE. And how they operate is buy screwing the small business.

2/28/09, 12:34 PM   #4
SpfldMile

They definitely have given up the model that Sam Walton intended.

2/28/09, 12:34 PM   #5
TQ29m

SC96, being a former small engine sales dealer, I can't vouch for your difficulties with them, but a lot of the other things are true. Another problem is, at least in my case, by the time the customer finally got to me, for repair work, which I had to do, or lose my deal with the manufacturer, he was so upset, most of the time, I couldn't make him happy either, if he bought a lawn mower, and failed to put oil in it, or hit a piece of buried pipe, they told him it was covered, just bring it in, and I'd GLADLY repair it. That kind of stuff isn't covered, then I became the bad guy. People were led to believe, they were getting such a low price, there wasn't any need to shop anywhere else, they still don't realize, they let the customer do the final inspection, and they also have different grade engines they put on the products. Problem is, they've got people brainwashed, and one of these days, you'll have to go there for everything, new cars, homes, whatever, as long as they don't have any cost involved, or risk. I finally decided I didn't need unhappy customers, so I dropped all my name brand products, and just did nothing but repair work, on non-warranty issues, things went a lot smoother. Bob
Last edited by TQ29m; 2/28/09 at 12:36 PM. Reason: sp

2/28/09, 2:05 PM   #6
LEADERS EDGE

One of the problems with a company such as Wal-Mart is that they get people "addicted" to "cheap" products. Buts as everyone knows that buys their products is that most of the items such as electronics and clothes are only "cheap" initially, but you have to replace the products more often because of the shorter life span. They understand that with many peoples budgets that they will buy a product for $5.00 4-5 times over versus $15.00 once for a better product.

It's a cycle you get in and it's hard to get out of. We all get so focused on the short-term that we don't deal with the long term until we have to. I think it's basically human nature to a point.

2/28/09, 2:20 PM   #7
FishBurger

The only items I buy from Wal-Mart is anything I need in a hurry and can't get elsewhere locally. I'm sure I pay a bit more at Krogers, Best Buy, Kohl's, and others. but I've seen what they do to locally owned competitors (for sales and in recruiting from the labor pool), their employees, etc. Can't support their business practices. I don't presume to speak for anyone else. That's just me.

2/28/09, 2:24 PM   #8
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

we go to mijer. :O:

2/28/09, 2:55 PM   #9
wbr

Rodney,
Why don't you put a lien on the property? The paving company had to do that here to get paid for the parking lot. The holding company that owns the store let it go right up to the day of the sheriff's sale before paying them too.

PS- if you are thinking of taking court action you might want to edit your post and remove part of their name from it.

2/28/09, 2:59 PM   #10
sc96

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Brad Kuhn Fan View Post
we go to mijer. :O:
We have also done work for mijer and although they have very strict policy they do pay for what they have signed for. On a change order we did on a project for them there was a cost over run ( it was for stone) the quary rased there price after we quoted it. Meijer refused to pay the higher cost and after several weeks the quary honered there origional price per ton.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wal-mart