IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rollie Beale 150 Photos
10/17/10, 5:12 PM   #1
Rollie Beale 150 Photos
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

All photos are being posted here (I'm about halfway done uploading): http://www.apexonephoto.com/USAC-Silver-Crown-Toledo

A dejected Jacob Wilson leaves the #07 Wilson Bros. entry after hitting the turn 4 wall while leading.
#99 Brian Tyler and #91 Dave Darland do a few exhibition laps in the new fenderless Studebakers...

Not sure if Levi is telling Bud "I bet I beat you by one position!"

Whether it's jackrabbits, entire flocks of Canadian geese or in this case groundhogs, there is always some wildlife in the Toledo infield.

The helmet and gloves of Shane Hmiel sit atop the #17 Rotondo Weinrich machine

5 members like this post: Danny Burton, dirtnonwingfan, Let'sGoRacin', Seadog, SPRINTCAR
10/17/10, 7:56 PM   #2
Re: Rollie Beale 150 Photos
duel

thanks for the pics. what a show, what drama with BK behind Levi for the championship for the last 10 or so laps. hell of a race through out start to finish. battles all race. you didn't like that show i don't know what to tell ya ? great way to end the midwest season for myself and my friends

1 member likes this post: Seadog
10/17/10, 8:36 PM   #3
apexonephoto

I have a short video clip of Brian Tyler in the Gold Crown car.http://apexonephoto.smugmug.com/gall...336_eW7yX-A-LB. If it doesn't play well, pause it and let it buffer.

I agree about it being a drama filled day with a few storylines and some good racing throughout the field. Anybody who thinks pavement sucks, had to see Clauson sliding around while getting around Tyler. T. Swanson and Tracy Hines had some real close racing before the wreck.

10/17/10, 8:52 PM   #4
racephoto1

Nice shots. I thought the Gold Crown had gone extinct. Must have thought wrong.

10/17/10, 9:14 PM   #5
OLDMIKE

The regional midgets had only eleven cars. They ran two 6 lap heat races. At the mid way mark of the 25 lap feature there were only 6 midgets still on the track.
However, one does not go to a silver crown race to watch midgets. There were only 20 silver crown cars present. What they may have lacked in numbers was more than made up for with quality.
In spite of very limited promotion, there was a sizable crowd at the track.
It appears that Saturday afternoon races during college football season can be sucessful. In addition silver crown cars can provide a very good show on 1/2 mile paved ovals.

10/17/10, 9:20 PM   #6
Will Shunk

Thanks for the shots! Great race with many twists and turns both for the win and the championship. Did anyone notice the day long smile on Rollie Beale's face? Kudos to USAC and ARCA for their cooperative efforts to make a true racing champion's day one to remember. I can't wait until next year's Rollie Beale 150.

10/18/10, 2:19 PM   #7
Geoff Kaiser

I enjoyed this show, please have it again next year usac and toledo! Quality over quantity any day

10/18/10, 5:06 PM   #8
Beer Goggles

[QUOTE=apexonephoto;200037]I have a short video clip of Brian Tyler in the Gold Crown car.http://apexonephoto.smugmug.com/gall...336_eW7yX-A-LB.

That New Body looks much better than the bloviatied one from last year.

10/18/10, 6:34 PM   #9
apexonephoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Shunk View Post
Thanks for the shots! Great race with many twists and turns both for the win and the championship. Did anyone notice the day long smile on Rollie Beale's face? Kudos to USAC and ARCA for their cooperative efforts to make a true racing champion's day one to remember. I can't wait until next year's Rollie Beale 150.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Kaiser View Post
I enjoyed this show, please have it again next year usac and toledo! Quality over quantity any day
The weather is a gamble this late in the year, and it paid off for fans who could attend. Obviously it was the last race I attended, therefore likely to be a favorite at this exact moment. But it was a good race for the first series appearance at that track. It felt a lot shorter then the average 200 lap ARCA race at Toledo. Glad to see it, hope to see more of you there if there is a next time!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rollie Beale 150 Photos