IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > US 24 Midget clash
9/22/10, 10:27 PM   #51
Re: US 24 Midget clash
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
If you have a personal agenda with your classless comments, you can speak to me directly by phone. Area code 440-355-4407.
Not meant as slam, that is the kind of shows you have been running this year. Hey it is your car you can run where ever you want, but don't deny those are the kind of shows that you tend to support. I will not call you as you are always right, and the rest of the world is always wrong ,unless it meets your agenda. I do commend you for hiring good drivers though. You are the one who has been ranting that this is what midget racing needs. You can't have it both ways, no matter if that is what you always want. Good luck to you where ever you race.

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by slide22 View Post
I don't see you mouthing Shane Cottle or the other 8 midgets that were there.
First off I have seen Shane Cottle run Midget Week races against top MIDGET competition and not hide from it. Don complains about races not paying enough and then goes and runs for considerably less when he probably has more money in his motor than the average mini sprint guy has in his whole operation. Then he bad mouths a promoter who is paying very good money because he did not finish well last time,thus not making any money. Any body can race when ever and where ever they chose, that is his right, but just admit it. I guess I need to apoligize for not thinking the guy who runs last should make as much money as the guy who runs first

9/22/10, 10:44 PM   #52
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortboyz View Post
What I don't understand is the Gundakers' are putting up some serious money ($15,000 to win/$1000 to start) and I would think you'd be the first guy on here to say "it's about time somebody put up a good purse!"
And after all, you car has won a race or 2 at Granite City, and I'd sure like to see you come back.:2:
I've already spoken my thoughts about this promotion and the $30 they paid for those that didn't make the big money race... and I had to call them several times to get the $30. *** You may want to check out the entry list for that race. About 50% of the St. Louis area midget teams are staying home at this point........... Uh... Uh.... Gosh... I wonder why????

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Mr. Funk: Sounds to me like you've got a major problem with that seat and a beer you buy to watch the races. Apparently by your comments you want to micro manage my race team via IOW on a public message board. You're boarding on stalking like a few others that think they know everything about the business of racing. Put your money where your big mouth is. Get out your wallet if you have a problem with my midget schedule. I hope you have ten of thousands of dollars cause that's what it takes to keep a race teams going, a lot more than your seat and beer. Since you keep sticking your nose in my garage, how 'bout if we start with paying for my purple tire bill. That's over $3000 at this point and I've only run a few races this year. Next you can pay my fuel bill, motorhome tow rig, insurance, shop taxes, parts, wheels, mechanics fees, engine rebuild costs plus time lost traveling away from business. I think we are up to well over $125,000 and I've only scratched the surface. Otherwise, shut the FUNK up.

9/23/10, 2:54 AM   #53
9racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wright59 View Post
Why don't you give a rest 9racing, if you don't want to take your mini and run with the midgets then stay home. I race at US24 all of the time and unfortunately didn't get to see the race, but I heard the whole night was pretty exciting. Congrat's to all of the winners that night. Actually what were the times of the 600 Non-wing compared to the midgets?
Whoa, my bad.. didnt realize you were reading this post.. So, Pump the brakes and keep your meat locker shut please.. I dont own a "mini" and I didnt say anything about it NOT being exciting.. This was opinions being expressed as to what we thought.. Thanks for your .02

Quote:
I'm not quite getting it with 9racing. He wasn't at any of the shows, he thinks teams like mine can go out and buy cars at the drop of a dime and those that have seen the competition of a mix of various midgets overwelmingly endorse this type of racing.... and why don't you tell us who you are? If you're hiding behind one of your expensive $40,000 midgets engines that are being out motored by a cheap cycle engine, i can understand your frustration. If you read a previous post about the racing at US24, there was an expensive state of the art Esslinger that couldn't catch the cheap cycle engine. How 'bout that!!! With midget racing in general on the ropes, we need fresh ideas to pump some life back into the sport. Here is a format that is working and could be part of the saviour of midget racing. Let's keep an open mind. Yes.... It's hard to let go of what we know as tradition, but time moves forward and we need to look at new ways to get midget racing back on track. Is it that the establishment feels threatened by the success of these races?

The races Saturday night were run with NO TIRE RULE, REASONABLE PIT PASS FEE, NO ENTRY FEE AND THERE WAS A RECORD CROWD TO SEE THE COMPETITION... and there were 21 midgets there and that's more than the USAC show at Columbus, OH drew on the same evening.

Sounds like a winning formula that needs to be explored and nurtured.
Again, Don.. I dont "think" you can.. I dont know anything about your finances as i posted before.. Dont care to know how your pocket book works, I have one of my own.. And if you paid attention to the post it said something to the tune of "Never dabbled in midgets because I figured if I was gonna spend that kind of money, it would be on a sprint car.." So no, i dont "hide" behind a $40K motor.. And not once have I tried to insult you on your "pocket book decisions" Simply stating the fact that you complain an awful lot about the price of it, yet show up to an open show that paid very little.. You assume im all about you going and buying one.. It was just a simple, IF you think its that fair sell your midget and buy a mini and go at it! And from that it went down hill.. Now, Im sure Scott has a better idea of what is going on, since his post was dead Nuts.. Like it or not!..

And lastly Don, My name is Nick Patterson.. Im 27,, Brown hair, and eyes, last bowel movement approximately 20 minutes ago which puts that at roughly 230am.. Hung like a well built Field mouse.. If you would like any more information please feel free to ask..

9/23/10, 9:10 AM   #54
DonMoore10

9/23/10, 10:54 AM   #55
LEADERS EDGE

All kidding aside....It's Dons' Stuff; he can race it where he wants. Travel is very expensive for sure.

9/23/10, 11:50 AM   #56
Seadog

Quote:
I'm not quite getting it with 9racing. He wasn't at any of the shows, he thinks teams like mine can go out and buy cars at the drop of a dime and those that have seen the competition of a mix of various midgets overwelmingly endorse this type of racing.... and why don't you tell us who you are? If you're hiding behind one of your expensive $40,000 midgets engines that are being out motored by a cheap cycle engine, i can understand your frustration. If you read a previous post about the racing at US24, there was an expensive state of the art Esslinger that couldn't catch the cheap cycle engine. How 'bout that!!! With midget racing in general on the ropes, we need fresh ideas to pump some life back into the sport. Here is a format that is working and could be part of the saviour of midget racing. Let's keep an open mind. Yes.... It's hard to let go of what we know as tradition, but time moves forward and we need to look at new ways to get midget racing back on track. Is it that the establishment feels threatened by the success of these races?

The races Saturday night were run with NO TIRE RULE, REASONABLE PIT PASS FEE, NO ENTRY FEE AND THERE WAS A RECORD CROWD TO SEE THE COMPETITION... and there were 21 midgets there and that's more than the USAC show at Columbus, OH drew on the same evening.

Sounds like a winning formula that needs to be explored and nurtured.
As long as were combining classes and totalling them up, then USAC had more than 21 cars Saturday night (20 midgets + 17 Focus = 37 to be exact). Both divisions put on a hell of a show.

I wonder how the minis would work on a 1/3 mile size track such as Columbus?

Isn't Columbus a LOT closer than Logansport for you Don? Just sayin'.

9/23/10, 12:35 PM   #57
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
As long as were combining classes and totalling them up, then USAC had more than 21 cars Saturday night (20 midgets + 17 Focus = 37 to be exact).

Isn't Columbus a LOT closer than Logansport for you Don? Just sayin'.
Nice try on the car count but those cars raced in separate classes. If you're counting race cars then the number of midget type cars that were at US24 puts the Columbus show count to shame. And if the fan count is anything like I've seen at Columbus in the past, there were probably more people at US24 than Columbus.

Oh yes, Columbus is about an hour and 1/2 from my home. Sorry to say this but you fans that get on here and get yourself in discussions that you know nothing about should educate yourselves before posting.

Case in point: Columbus is/was a pavement show. I do not own a pavement car. No... the car I run at Fort Wayne is not a pavement car... it's a dirt car that was built back in 1993 for Kenny Irwin, Jr. and doesn't stand a chance in China of finishing anywhere near the front outdoors. For the uneducated, taking a dirt car to a track like Columbus would be a TOTALLY STUPID AND IDIOTIC MOVE, a total waste of money, time and effort. Secondly, the state of the art pavement cars today are very expensive. Educate yourself and read the classifieds and prices for pavement equipment. There are a ton of them for sale, all are asking rediculous amounts of money and there's very few places to race them for a decent return from the purse. Third, many of the pavement cars that run that series have free engines or state of the art, latest engines and many of those teams have already spent $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on testing their equipment. I'm not spending $1000's testing to win. Sorry again. Fourth, there is no limit on tires (AFAIK) for the evening, so plan on spending upwards of $2500 to keep up with the 11 or so National teams that spend, spend, spend and then some. And before someone posts about the $23,000 Esslinger that's competitive at that track... I'm well aware of that. Sorry, I'm not going to go out and spend $23,000 to try to win one of the few pavement shows left on the USAC schedule. Those are just a sampling of the reasons why there were only 20 cars there and pavement racing is on the ropes. If you want more reasons, you can call me and speak directly to me. 440-355-4407. Thanks!!! P.S. .... Don't look for any of the items I listed here to go away anytime soon.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Here's a novel idea for you fans that buy a seat and beer and want to micro-manage my race team operation: Hop over the fence to my side of the world in the pits. Get out ur cell phone and call my good friend Ryan Scott in North Carolina. Tell him you want to buy his state of the art latest pavement Beast/XT Esslinger midget car for $45,000 which is currently advertised on the internet. I think he takes credit cards, guys, so no need to have the actual cash in ur wallet. Next buy or rent a state of the art shop in Brownsburg, IN. that's where all the big boys are headquartered. That will cost you $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Call Detro Trailers and order a new Renagade toterhome and matching trailer for upwards of $500,000. Gotta look the part when you drive into the race track. Hire a couple of employees to look after your equipment. Now.. go to your bank and withdraw $250,000. That's what I'm hearing is being paid to one of the current big boy teams by one of the drivers to cruise all over the country 12 months of the year. Next... Once you've got everything in place, call me and I'll be glad to show up at all these race tracks that you guys relentless post about and want me to show up at!!!! IS THIS A DEAL OR WHAT!!!! Race team partners for life.. and you'll never have to post about me on IOW again! I'll be right at your side emptying your wallet so we can go racing 24/7 at your hand picked tracks!
Last edited by DonMoore10; 9/23/10 at 1:29 PM.

9/23/10, 2:11 PM   #58
9racing

Quote:
Nice try on the car count but those cars raced in separate classes. If you're counting race cars then the number of midget type cars that were at US24 puts the Columbus show count to shame. And if the fan count is anything like I've seen at Columbus in the past, there were probably more people at US24 than Columbus.

Oh yes, Columbus is about an hour and 1/2 from my home. Sorry to say this but you fans that get on here and get yourself in discussions that you know nothing about should educate yourselves before posting.

Case in point: Columbus is/was a pavement show. I do not own a pavement car. No... the car I run at Fort Wayne is not a pavement car... it's a dirt car that was built back in 1993 for Kenny Irwin, Jr. and doesn't stand a chance in China of finishing anywhere near the front outdoors. For the uneducated, taking a dirt car to a track like Columbus would be a TOTALLY STUPID AND IDIOTIC MOVE, a total waste of money, time and effort. Secondly, the state of the art pavement cars today are very expensive. Educate yourself and read the classifieds and prices for pavement equipment. There are a ton of them for sale, all are asking rediculous amounts of money and there's very few places to race them for a decent return from the purse. Third, many of the pavement cars that run that series have free engines or state of the art, latest engines and many of those teams have already spent $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on testing their equipment. I'm not spending $1000's testing to win. Sorry again. Fourth, there is no limit on tires (AFAIK) for the evening, so plan on spending upwards of $2500 to keep up with the 11 or so National teams that spend, spend, spend and then some. And before someone posts about the $23,000 Esslinger that's competitive at that track... I'm well aware of that. Sorry, I'm not going to go out and spend $23,000 to try to win one of the few pavement shows left on the USAC schedule. Those are just a sampling of the reasons why there were only 20 cars there and pavement racing is on the ropes. If you want more reasons, you can call me and speak directly to me. 440-355-4407. Thanks!!! P.S. .... Don't look for any of the items I listed here to go away anytime soon.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Here's a novel idea for you fans that buy a seat and beer and want to micro-manage my race team operation: Hop over the fence to my side of the world in the pits. Get out ur cell phone and call my good friend Ryan Scott in North Carolina. Tell him you want to buy his state of the art latest pavement Beast/XT Esslinger midget car for $45,000 which is currently advertised on the internet. I think he takes credit cards, guys, so no need to have the actual cash in ur wallet. Next buy or rent a state of the art shop in Brownsburg, IN. that's where all the big boys are headquartered. That will cost you $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Call Detro Trailers and order a new Renagade toterhome and matching trailer for upwards of $500,000. Gotta look the part when you drive into the race track. Hire a couple of employees to look after your equipment. Now.. go to your bank and withdraw $250,000. That's what I'm hearing is being paid to one of the current big boy teams by one of the drivers to cruise all over the country 12 months of the year. Next... Once you've got everything in place, call me and I'll be glad to show up at all these race tracks that you guys relentless post about and want me to show up at!!!! IS THIS A DEAL OR WHAT!!!! Race team partners for life.. and you'll never have to post about me on IOW again! I'll be right at your side emptying your wallet so we can go racing 24/7 at your hand picked tracks!
Just a thought Don.. Quit acting like everyone is picking on you! You do it to yourself with your posts on here.. You act as if you are the gods gift to racing with your "garage full of racecars" and always want to say "You fans this and YOU fans that".. You have all the answers, so sorry we "fans" although most of us race or are affiliated with racing in some way, waste the GREAT DON MOORE'S TIME.. Congrats on your win last weekend..

1 member likes this post: Seadog
9/23/10, 2:31 PM   #59
DonMoore10

Thanks for all the comps!!! Never a dull moment here on IOW!

9/23/10, 2:35 PM   #60
Seadog

Does Don Moore think that ANYBODY on here is correct about anything or have a valid point about anything?

The last time I checked, the only person I heard of that was right 100% of the time was Jesus Christ, not Don Moore.

He types so much and says so little IMO. But who am I to judge?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > US 24 Midget clash