IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winning by Judgement
3/30/09, 8:55 PM   #21
Re: Winning by Judgement
75crew

Well if everyone had a wallet the size of Loyet's daddy then this wouldnt be a problem because everyone could drive like an idiot
Last edited by 75crew; 3/30/09 at 9:18 PM.

3/30/09, 8:57 PM   #22
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75crew View Post
Well if everyone had a wallet the size of Loyet's daddy then this wouldnt be a problem because everyone could drive like and idiot
Oh, Lets bash the guy who's provideds rides for up to five racers sometimes.

Theres only one person turning the wheel and hitting the pedals. He is either right or wrong, dumb or smart and I ain't choosing. I wasn't there.

Chuck

3/30/09, 8:58 PM   #23
75crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermod View Post
I feel like the the guy that crosses the line first is the winner, no ifs, ands or buts. However, if a guy runs over somebody to win, and (this is important) officials have previously warned this guy about just such tactics, then hit him where it really hurts - in the pocket book. Give him the trophy and tell him to enjoy it, cause that's all he is getting.

later,

Bob Mays
Yes this sounds like a good idea but there are 2 things wrong with it.
1st. no amount of money is going to hurt brad loyet
2nd. What if the guy he takes out is a weekend warrior and in taking out his only car and totalling it ends the season for the guy he took out?

3/30/09, 9:00 PM   #24
75crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Oh, Lets bash the guy who's provideds rides for up to five racers sometimes.

Chuck
Ya my point exactly. he isnt worried about crashing cuz theres only 6 more midgets at home, whats the big deal of wrecking one?

3/30/09, 9:02 PM   #25
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Ya my point exactly. he isnt worried about crashing cuz theres only 6 more midgets at home, whats the big deal of wrecking one?
I see where your comming from but it doesn't matter. Loyetts dad didn't crash anyone. (Even if thats what happened)

3/30/09, 9:09 PM   #26
ClaytonYeley

Quote:
2nd. What if the guy he takes out is a weekend warrior and in taking out his only car and totalling it ends the season for the guy he took out?
Well I believe that is the risk of automobile racing.

3/30/09, 9:17 PM   #27
75crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaytonYeley View Post
Well I believe that is the risk of automobile racing.
Yes, that is the risk of auto racing but is it necessary to end one guy's season for a couple grand that you don't need?

3/30/09, 9:31 PM   #28
Pat O'Connor Fan

Why weren't there at least three of the Moms and Dads (whose sons and daughters were not in this event, of course) in the Judges' Stand to determine that one or both of the two Brads needed to go to "time out" ???

3/30/09, 9:32 PM   #29
dirt midget

Brad Loyet shows up to win races. Period!! And by all means, if Brad Loyet's dad worked his butt off and now has some money to provide a good life for his family, kudos to him! I think it is AWESOME to see how close the Loyet family is and how they all support each other! Some of you people get too personal and want to make rediculous comments about people! Are some of you people mad that Joe Loyet has money and has chosen to get into the sport of auto racing? We go from talking about a slide job someone did to making personal (maybe jealous?) comments about a person and his dad! ?????

3/30/09, 9:34 PM   #30
psullivan

The great Pat O'Connor was passing Eddie Sachs at Winchester and made contact as he did - he slowed and motioned Eddie to go around him - which he did and Sachs won the race. In victory lane Eddie said "I hope you all saw what Pat did". Which is why Pat was as revered as he was by fans and peers alike, and why HARF's Pat O'Connor award is in so many ways the most important award bestowed on a driver. Looks what happens in NASCAR now days - there has been a dramatic drop in this level of civility and responsibility. in it is often excused as the "move he had to make" Had to? Really.
The ends justifies the means mentality (which has manifested itself at nearly every phase of the sport) is simply wrong, and when officials look the other way they aid and abet this culture. How it gets handled can take many forms - but it needs to be handled in some way.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winning by Judgement