IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Du Quoin Indoor Rescheduled
2/13/14, 1:23 PM   #1
Du Quoin Indoor Rescheduled
Steve Nace

Due to the extreme weather conditions now predicted for this weekend the Showdown has been rescheduled for March 28th & 29th. With Freezing rain, snow and below freezing temps creating dangerous travel conditions as well as poor conditions inside the Southern Illinois Center, we feel it would be in everyones best interest to run this event the last of March.
If you pre entered and cannot attend on the new date, Please contact us my e mail and we will send you a refund. otherwise your Pre entry and pit spot will carry over to the March event.

Thanks,
Steve Nace
snace@apex.net

2/13/14, 1:28 PM   #2
Re: Du Quoin Indoor Rescheduled
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Nace View Post
Due to the extreme weather conditions now predicted for this weekend the Showdown has been rescheduled for March 28th & 29th. With Freezing rain, snow and below freezing temps creating dangerous travel conditions as well as poor conditions inside the Southern Illinois Center, we feel it would be in everyones best interest to run this event the last of March.
If you pre entered and cannot attend on the new date, Please contact us my e mail and we will send you a refund. otherwise your Pre entry and pit spot will carry over to the March event.

Thanks,
Steve Nace
snace@apex.net

The curse of the "Al Archdale Memorial Race" goes on>and On.

Does anybody want to buy a cheap non-refundable room at the Super 8 for Friday and Saturday?

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/13/14 at 1:30 PM.

2/13/14, 2:12 PM   #3
Tom23

We are rapidly becoming a nation of weenies. Unless things are perfect, we can't do anything. We spent a lot of time effort and money to get ready for this deal. I suspect there are a lot of us with those hotels this weekend.

3 members like this post: dkdorkboy, Racer12, tennesseeracefan
2/13/14, 3:03 PM   #4
RACER99W

The warmest weekend in six weeks

1 member likes this post: El1teBr33ze
2/13/14, 3:30 PM   #5
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Extreme? the Weather Channel is forecasting a high of 32 Friday and Saturday, lows of 16 and 23. Cold, sure. But extreme? Isn't cold weather the prime motivator for running indoor shows?
IMRA is scheduled to run at 34 Raceway in Burlington, IA March 29th, which will siphon off quite a few potential entries. Montpelier starts up the following week so I'm going to be focusing on getting ready for the regular season, as will others, I would imagine.
Dad, reserving a non-refundable room at a Super 8 doesn't end up being so cheap, does it?
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1 member likes this post: DAD
2/13/14, 4:30 PM   #6
97juicedgmc

i think steve nace is probably talking about the weather on the east coast seeing how its snowing from georgia to maine and as far west as ohio along the whole east coast..... im not sure how that affects illionois if there part of this same weather or maybe he has confirmations from drivers pre entered saying the weather is keeping them from making it. especially if there looking to get guys to travel there from all over. im sure theres a reason why its postponed not just for the hell of it, but it does stink its such short notice for guys like DAD who have hotels rooms they have already paid for.

2/13/14, 5:04 PM   #7
El1teBr33ze

All week long had posts about the great weather and high pre-entries. One day before the event it's postponed. Doesn't seem right to me. Wasn't even attending, but I'm feeling for those of you that booked hotels that have the "for full refund, cancellation must be made 7 days before arrival" statement. Hope it doesn't rain March 29...oh wait, it's an indoor show.

2/13/14, 5:09 PM   #8
Tom23

If you were that concerned about the weather, why in the hell would you schedule in the middle of February? Something does smell funny, I don't think I will worry to much about the end of March. There are other options.

2/13/14, 5:26 PM   #9
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom23 View Post
If you were that concerned about the weather, why in the hell would you schedule in the middle of February? Something does smell funny, I don't think I will worry to much about the end of March. There are other options.
Guy's

Won't be my first or last time that I take a bath on a hotel room I hope. I know for sure we will be ready in March and I bet Steve will too. We got an extreme weather alert for Louisville for this weekend also. On my last trip to Du quoin it started sleeting just as the race was over. Halfway back I lost control of the trailer and ripped the front axil out from under the trailer. If he is thinking about the racers as well as himself more power to him.

That should also give a few more racers time to get their cars back together to run for that big purse.

This curse on the Archdale Memorial race can not possibly go on for much longer, can it?

Hope we end up with a hundred + cars next time.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/13/14 at 5:29 PM.

1 member likes this post: latemodel55
2/13/14, 5:44 PM   #10
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Hate it for the racers but don't mind the KARMA that goes around..I cancelled my Florida deal because of this race booked on top of our races already schedule. Here is this weekends for cast:

Tonight
Feb 13
Clear 61°F
1:05 am
38°F
Clear
CHANCE OF PRECIP:
0%

WIND:
W at 11 mph
Details
Fri
Feb 14
Sunny 66°
50°
Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%

WIND:
W at 11 mph
Details
Sat
Feb 15
Partly Cloudy 69°
45°
Partly Cloudy
CHANCE OF RAIN:
20%

WIND:
NW at 12 mph
Details
Sun
Feb 16
Sunny 71°
49°
Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%

WIND:
WNW at 6 mph

Heading to Volusia right now to catch the All Stars...enjoy the cold

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

1 member likes this post: DAD
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Du Quoin Indoor Rescheduled