IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tire Dopers
3/25/22, 1:23 PM   #111
deadhorse30

I believe this is what the AllStars do. Your tire is tagged and you have to run the tire you qualified on.

2 members like this post: Blitzman, dkdorkboy
3/25/22, 2:23 PM   #112
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Last time I bought tires, American Racers were a lot cheaper than Hoosier. Plus the guy selling them was much friendlier. Hoosier RR was $220, AR was $165. The following year USAC mandated Hoosiers and we sold our car.

3/25/22, 5:58 PM   #113
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Originally Posted by otgracing17 View Post
Why would the 5m have tires sampled when it missed both shows at Volusia?
My post has nothing to do with Volusia...Volusia is out in the open...it has to do with USAC and people saying USAC will sweep it under the rug, essentially bad mouthing USAC when they didnt sweep anything under the rug, they made a statement and said they are doing further testing and waiting for results...also wouldnt matter if 5M was tested or not. Common sense says IF 5S was doping tires, 5M wasnt? Coming from same shop, same owner, but keep tires separate for the 2 cars and their gonna dope tires for one car but not the other? Benefit of that would be? 0...Oh but wait, common sense is antique these days what am I talking about.

2 members like this post: captrat, Gene Franckowiak
3/25/22, 9:19 PM   #114
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhorse30 View Post
I believe this is what the AllStars do. Your tire is tagged and you have to run the tire you qualified on.
USAC used to do that on the pavement cars. They stamped the tire you qualified on and you had to start the feature on it. We ran a different tire in the heat and if we had to run the suitcase. I saw a guy at IRP that blistered his stamped rr in his heat and they tried to cut the stamp off with a razor blade and glue it onto another tire. LOL

3 members like this post: bighd0522, oppweld, sprint38racer
3/27/22, 10:18 AM   #115
flagboy55

This controversy was brought up on Dirtracker Daily. USAC has made a statement and more is forthcoming. It’s being watched by a lot of eyes and I have no reason to think the proper outcome won’t be reached. I don’t have a problem with people not revealing their sources, but maybe they should not comment at all in that case. I do have one question though I hope you can clear up for me. It was kinda implied through a couple of comments that there’s a tire doping service? Someone that can treat your tires for you? If I was going to cheat, I wouldn’t go to the cheating store to do so because now there’s at least one other person or party that knows what I’m doing.

3 members like this post: oppweld, racenut69, The Old Coyote
3/27/22, 11:28 AM   #116
Re: Tire Dopers
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
This controversy was brought up on Dirtracker Daily. USAC has made a statement and more is forthcoming. It’s being watched by a lot of eyes and I have no reason to think the proper outcome won’t be reached. I don’t have a problem with people not revealing their sources, but maybe they should not comment at all in that case. I do have one question though I hope you can clear up for me. It was kinda implied through a couple of comments that there’s a tire doping service? Someone that can treat your tires for you? If I was going to cheat, I wouldn’t go to the cheating store to do so because now there’s at least one other person or party that knows what I’m doing.
The “doping service” as you call it is not specific to the Indy area. There are similar people here in Pa that do the same thing. There is quite a bite of speculation in a couple of divisions out here about who is treating tires and who is not. Either doing it themselves or having it done by someone. It’s been an issue for a while. Unfortunately the solution may be complex. Aside from the sanction or track supplying the tires on Raceday only, it’s going to be an issue. I also understand that this solution then creates extra work on Raceday for the teams and supplier. Like I said it’s complex. Cheating never is simple to solve unless you do away with the rule book. Have an engine limit, minimum weight, max size bodywork, and safety rules. Almost a run what ya brung approach but not that crazy.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
3/27/22, 11:52 AM   #117
flagboy55

Yeleyfan l would subscribe to that! I could be wrong but I blame the tire company for most of what’s wrong. A monopoly is rarely a good thing

6 members like this post: bighd0522, Midget98, oppweld, spankytoo, TQ29m, yeleyfan76
3/27/22, 2:12 PM   #118
otgracing17

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post

The whole tire doping service thing happened when MSCS was allowing doping because they couldn’t police it which is fair if they couldn’t actually do it. When that happened you had better atleast had an understanding on what doping did depending on where you were as it works better at some tracks versus others. That’s when a lot of this came to light in 2019. Towards the end of 2020 Tommy came out and said they couldn’t get cars because of it and he didn’t like what it was doing for MSCS so the they banned doping and were taking samples. It was a pretty noticeable difference when it came out.

On the one tire thing. That debate can die for now. In the USAC meeting it’s been asked about opening up to more compounds atleast with a pretty much unanimous no to stay on mediums by everyone.

It’s really not Hoosiers fault if everyone is on the same stuff not sauced you have a pretty level playing field and the tires the same for everyone. Once people start saucing it becomes the have the right stuff vs don’t have the right stuff and it’s another variable that makes a difference.

In the case of Ocala you wouldn’t be doping to be softer you’d be doping to make the tire keep firing the same and to last longer because it’s extremely abrasive compared to anything we race on here.

At the end of the day if you got away with it for x number of years why wouldn’t you do it? It makes a difference. Once caught take your hit and move on. It’s racing everyone is trying something at some point.

I think the problem most people have is clearly something has been happening where the have and the have nots have come out and it’s been noticed. Now we have a second option and magically we have people getting penalized etc. Pay attention to who’s been popped for doping over the last few years and what’s on the side of their racecars.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, oppweld, TQ97
3/27/22, 5:37 PM   #119
Re: Tire Dopers
sw1911

To a casual fan, this whole melodrama makes no fuggin sense. Let me ask a couple naive questions please. First, why do we need any tire rules? Is it because they take some of the edge off the richer teams? Second, let's assume someone justifies tire rules. Why do we care what the hell what somebody does to their tires? Once again, is it because the richer teams can afford more exotic doping? Third, the reason we enjoy our standard of living under a constitutional republic is, in a word, competition under capitalism. Why is competition not allowed in the sale of sprint car tires??

6 members like this post: bighd0522, Leohr46, Midget98, oppweld, The Old Coyote, TQ29m
3/27/22, 7:42 PM   #120
flagboy55

1911. We are no longer a constitutional republic. Just sayin.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tire Dopers