IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No USAC for Jackslash Media Inc in '12
4/10/12, 1:21 AM   #31
Re: No USAC for Jackslash Media Inc in '12
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

I will say I have never subscribed to Jackslash.com I will now support him, I am glad to get to watch local racing with local drivers that need this exposure and the racing is just as good as USUCK! I understand people being upset but don't stop subscribing that will only hurt the sport and the guys that make it possible so you can watch from the comfort of your home!

Thanks Sean Keep up the Great work!

Danny 24

1 member likes this post: speed bump
4/10/12, 7:32 AM   #32
Dalton Dietrich

Race Count This Year: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by short track scott View Post
Hey gang, I might be way off base here but I believe that Sean has a pretty good idea of the economic impact this will have on Jackslash.

Posted via Mobile Device
Im sure he also realizes the cost of him following so many USAC races. I do not own a Jackslash membership...so i am neutral

4/10/12, 8:39 AM   #33
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Im not even going to get into the Buckley Vs. USAC thing.

I'LL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT BOTH.

THE END!

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, DirtyD, duel, jim goerge, Johnhunt
4/10/12, 9:18 AM   #34
Bill Gardner
Administrator

I remember when USAC didn't want to be associated with Usacfans.com. The end result was Indiana Open Wheel. I think the change worked out just fine.

Sean, Keep up the great work!

Posted via Mobile Device

4/10/12, 10:00 AM   #35
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

Isn't it funny that a race fan group is snubbed by the same people they banded together to support. If this is a financial falling out i think in the long run USAC will wish they decided differently. I just can't imagine that they want money from a guy who is basically doing PR for THEM! Sean's great video work does nothing but promote racing and Sean has never worried about stepping across sanctioning body lines to promote his favorite sport and is always fair to everyone about it. Just this last January i asked Sean for a special favor, to film Jon Stanbrough getting his HARF Hall of Fame award (Jon was racing out west during our Banquet) & all Sean asked me was "When & Where?" My Thanks to Sean for all he does for racing & all for the love of racing, cause Sean, just like all you other racers out there, ain't gittin' rich going racin'! bob

4/10/12, 1:25 PM   #36
K-Dawg30

Im not gonna comment on the USAC vs. Jackslash deal....but I hate that there wont be Sprint Week coverage Not all of us can make the whole week. However, life goes on! I have had the privledge of meeting Sean at Terre Haute and Kokomo last year! He is a great guy with soooo much passion for the sport. I am a Jackslash member and I will continue to be when its time to renew! Enough said

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
4/10/12, 2:27 PM   #37
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
I remember when USAC didn't want to be associated with Usacfans.com. The end result was Indiana Open Wheel. I think the change worked out just fine.

Sean, Keep up the great work!

Posted via Mobile Device
That is the first thing that came to me as I was reading the post, I remember when that happened. You are right everything turned out just fine with the change of names.

Jerry

1 member likes this post: Bobv
4/11/12, 9:10 AM   #38
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

I see this as a positive move for the local racers. As a fan, I will see a number of USAC races in person as well as regular local track races. I will now have the opportunity to watch more local track racing that I won't be able to see in person. With so many options here in Indiana, this should be able to give us all more local track racing throughout the season.

I am still waiting for USAC to move to the next level under this administration. So far, I personally haven't seen that move yet.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
Last edited by Mud Packer; 4/11/12 at 9:12 AM.

4/11/12, 9:29 AM   #39
duel

I think usac has a deal with 3wide. They are covering the tracks out west for a fee and they did do the Ocala shows.

4/11/12, 9:42 AM   #40
SteveD

Should have put him on the payroll, instead they fired him....shot themselves in the foot again. I,m sure Indiana 410 sprints will be around a lot longer than the Dept of Agriculture. Enjoy your racing season.

3 members like this post: koolaid89, monkeyboy
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No USAC for Jackslash Media Inc in '12