IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > And I get home to find BACON won
10/4/20, 4:11 PM   #21
Re: And I get home to find BACON won
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
My question is where all the USAC and NOS conspiracy theorists now?
Actually I’m still here. I don’t believe for one minute that losing your engine coolant from a hole in the radiator makes you 15lbs light. In a 30 lap race on a dirt track if you are cutting things that close then you are beyond LUCKY or most other times not 100% legal most of the time. Unfortunately I think Usac has always had issues with favoritism towards certain teams. Saying that this one time absolves the NOS teams from it is not fair.

5 members like this post: Eatin Dirt, jim goerge, oppweld, snowdrift, spicoli
10/4/20, 4:26 PM   #22
yeleyfan76

I do know the track stayed good all night. Kinda narrow early. But they didn't have to work it once, Let alone three times.

So sad. You are so blindly in love with this rock quarry that a good racing surface is beyond you. They never do anything with it Charles. No one racing sprint cars complains about the surface at the tracks that work them a few times a nite. Only the crotchety old people in the seats do. Guess what?? They are the best races Usac has all year every year. Your bedrock track could never host a three day show like Smackdown and I really hope someday we could have the same type event at TSS. Stop looking thru the rose colored glasses and admit the surface sucks. Too many different people talking about the rocks, so it isn’t a falsehood. Whoever from the track went out to look for them might want to open their eyes to reality. The worst thing about ISW’s first wknd is Lawrenceburg. They should be reduced to a less than prime date on the week. Sorry you left before you knew Bacon won the race, I’m happy he won the money and the title especially if any of the Hoffman family were there to see it. Enjoy your winter and maybe donate some time to help harvest rocks n the spring if you are able.

6 members like this post: bighd0522, Chief Wahoo, fishnman, jim goerge, oppweld, ronmil
10/4/20, 5:55 PM   #23
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Where did I make a excuse for the rocks? Never said they didn't happen.

Im sorry people like you exist, Who do nothing but complain about anything, Especally when they weren't thee to see four and five wide racing.

It's this crap that's hurting racing period and all but ruined this board to the point nobody post anything anymore because your opinion is more important than mine.

So much so I've had enough. Not gonna be postin much and really haven't anyway this year. Sick of it.

See the rest of the friends I've made on the board at the tracks, Say Hi.

Sorry I can go to the tracks and enjoy it. Must be sad being so salty
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 10/4/20 at 5:57 PM.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, mc/rider
10/4/20, 7:20 PM   #24
PJ Wright

Charles, I enjoy your posts. It's a shame that you get slammed just because you like a certain track. The one thing this world does NOT need is more haters.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

10/4/20, 8:04 PM   #25
sw1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Water is 7pds per gallon, chances are he'd of been light anyway IDK

Sunshine was hauling but when it was leaking he was getting a little swirly in his own leakage and Bacon got back around him, once it stopped leaking, Sunshine took off again.

Still very close on weight

8.3 actually

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10/4/20, 8:45 PM   #26
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Where did I make a excuse for the rocks? Never said they didn't happen.

Im sorry people like you exist, Who do nothing but complain about anything, Especally when they weren't thee to see four and five wide racing.

It's this crap that's hurting racing period and all but ruined this board to the point nobody post anything anymore because your opinion is more important than mine.

So much so I've had enough. Not gonna be postin much and really haven't anyway this year. Sick of it.

See the rest of the friends I've made on the board at the tracks, Say Hi.

Sorry I can go to the tracks and enjoy it. Must be sad being so salty
Sorry to see you go. I enjoyed our differences of opinion. Neither of which was more important than the other. I certainly never thought when you differed from mine that you didn’t exist. That’s sad you feel that way. Must never have heard the word no before either. Racing and this board are doing just fine.

I’ll miss our exchanges. You provide a lot fun for me and others on this board. But if you must take your ball and go home it’s ok. Enjoy the races wherever you go. I’ll be at Big Diamond this coming Friday for the USAC 360 East Coast final nite.

10/4/20, 8:48 PM   #27
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Actually I’m still here. I don’t believe for one minute that losing your engine coolant from a hole in the radiator makes you 15lbs light. In a 30 lap race on a dirt track if you are cutting things that close then you are beyond LUCKY or most other times not 100% legal most of the time. Unfortunately I think Usac has always had issues with favoritism towards certain teams. Saying that this one time absolves the NOS teams from it is not fair.
Water weighs 8.34 pounds per gallon most small block Chevy engines with a standard size sprint car radiator hold 3 gallons. 8.34 x 3 = 25.02 pounds. If they are running coolant in the water it raises the liquid weight to around 9 pounds per gallon. If they are running an additive such as Water Wetter instead of coolant it doesn't change the 8.34 pound weight.

If they are using NOS Energy Drink as an additive I don't know the liquid weight change.

Facts get in the way of so many things.

2 members like this post: cmakin, PIT CART
10/4/20, 9:17 PM   #28
flagboy55

Yeleyfan76 I thought there were more of you, lol. But props to you for stepping up. I don’t necessarily believe that either but like I saw Jerry Coons post on Twitter that it would have been one of the easiest things to gloss over, the scales that is. At any rate I think it should definitely say something to the doubters. On the other hand, a friend of mine on here has documented to me very dubious actions by the sanction and it definitely does instill doubt. Overall I don’t think they play favorites but that’s just my take. I know I once had a pleasant debate with Spridge on Twitter back when the Windom/Buckwalter incident went down. I specifically remember him saying there is no penalty for contact. I know it wasn’t always this way so I would be interested in knowing rules and timelines for their adoption and enforcement, and how all of this plays into perceived bias.
Also just a comment on Charles. I’ve never met the man although Brent was going to introduce him to me but never worked out. I don’t always agree with him but I sure do appreciate his loyalty to his track and I look forward to him weighing in. It’s not an official thread about the Burg unless Chuck slams his gable

10/4/20, 9:54 PM   #29
Eatin Dirt

Let's just all agree, the Burg needs a bunch of good dirt brought in to redo the surface of the track. For now it is what it is, you either go or you don't.

3 members like this post: Big Mike 7, bighd0522, TNRustler
10/5/20, 8:52 AM   #30
Kendall2020

Last edited by Kendall2020; 10/5/20 at 9:05 AM.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > And I get home to find BACON won