IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chase Briscoe gets his first career cup win.
4/18/22, 8:21 PM   #31
Re: Chase Briscoe gets his first career cup win.
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeserx View Post
Anyone else see during the broadcast on fox, that he’s a world of outlaws team owner lol. Had to do some digging but walkapedia helped solve it. He is not
Did not hear that, maybe they got confused with his non wing team that he had put together pre-covid. Dave Darland was suppose to drive and Brady Short was going to wrench. Would have love to see that come to fruition. Did hear them give a shout out to him being the youngest 410 winner at a little track in Paragon Indiana I believe in 2008 to take that title away from Jeff Gordon.

4/18/22, 8:41 PM   #32
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Did not hear that, maybe they got confused with his non wing team that he had put together pre-covid. Dave Darland was suppose to drive and Brady Short was going to wrench. Would have love to see that come to fruition. Did hear them give a shout out to him being the youngest 410 winner at a little track in Paragon Indiana I believe in 2008 to take that title away from Jeff Gordon.
Well unfortunately, on his Wikipedia page, that’s what it says. I’m surprised nascar would use an unreliable source like that but then again I’m not..
I do remember that non wing team with DD. I wish it would have happened.

1 member likes this post: Chief Wahoo
4/19/22, 12:41 PM   #33
TQ29m

Quote:
Well unfortunately, on his Wikipedia page, that’s what it says. I’m surprised nascar would use an unreliable source like that but then again I’m not..
I am a Chase Briscoe fan also, mostly because of his ROOTs to Sprint car racing, and there are several who have made the grade to a retirement venue, Stewart grew up in my shadow, at Columbus Kart Club, we were also at several WKA races when he was younger, always good to be with friends, not so much now, but in TQ's later, still watch for him at race tracks, have a good picture at Barnsville Ga, of the OUTLAW's, Tony and Nelson, and MY Gang, talking over the trip down, they always took the Red Eye Express, we went down early and were ready for practice on Thursday, they usually didn't get there till Sat morning, lotsa good fun, and memories!

4/19/22, 2:48 PM   #34
hoscalecody

Quote:
I could see how they could get confused, because Chase ran some WoO races with his car/team. If I remember correctly Chase ran his car and put Bell in the 2nd car for a WoO race in 2018 or 2019. I want to say it was at I-55.

4/19/22, 2:58 PM   #35
Charles Nungester

Race Count Last Year: 14

My hope is that Chase is so successful that he can field a team full time and participate when and at his convenience. Don't really see this much for NW but he did last year at Paragon. But midgets and Winged. yeah.

Races like the Memorial Day burg WoO show have become staples for a few guys.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/19/22 at 2:59 PM.

4 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, luckybuc97, reeserx, TQ29m
4/19/22, 5:19 PM   #36
Charles Nungester

Race Count Last Year: 14

This just on Twitter

Chase Briscoe
@ChaseBriscoe_14
Super excited to announce the “Chase’n Dirt Tour” thanks to @Mahindra_USA
! Going back to my roots! Gonna be running over 25 dirt races this year in wing and non wing sprint cars, super dirt late model, midget, and micro sprints. First one is this weekend at Talladega Short Track!

5 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, racenut69, reeserx, TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chase Briscoe gets his first career cup win.