IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Million on the line, where are all the nonwinged drivers?
7/14/23, 12:36 PM   #31
Re: Million on the line, where are all the nonwinged drivers
Jonr

They lost a couple to an IRA -NOSA race in Minnesota. There are some of the IRA guys that are know to travel a bit. There were 38 cars at this event.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
7/14/23, 2:08 PM   #32
Re: Million on the line, where are all the nonwinged drivers
azsprintfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
If we’re calling Larson a “non-winged” driver the topic loses all credibility. Others on the list dabbled in midgets to try to climb the ladder but got their starts in winged sprints. Some like Courtney are legitimately non-winged guys who got smart and left to chase the money.
Larson did show up to Eldora in 2011 having never even been there and won the sprint, midget and silver crown event at the 4 crown. Pretty impressive in my opinion. But he did say non wing cars scare him which I thought was funny. Tells you all you need to know right there about which is harder or more technical to drive. Ron Shuman and others had a huge debate way back in the day about what to call sprint cars. Wingless, non-wing, traditional, etc.. The best line was when someone said how can they be "non-wing" when 'non' would refer to something that existed and sprint cars didn't have wings until the 70's. I like both but if you made me choose I would go to a race with out wings over a winged show. #imissmanzy

3 members like this post: erich45, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Million on the line, where are all the nonwinged drivers?