IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Advice for eldora speedway
4/9/11, 11:05 AM   #21
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

I've tried to stay with the place through these last few years, but I think I'm done for until I see some improvements. I don't care about all the facility upgrades. The surface (including prep) needs improvement. I always feel like if I skip, that I'm going to miss something good. I don't feel that way anymore.

As far as tickets go, I think last night's ticket should be good for all of tonight. Give us SOMETHING for last night. If they race, I might just watch last night's features and then go home. Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by openwheelKT; 4/9/11 at 11:10 AM.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
4/9/11, 11:15 AM   #22
Re: Advice for eldora speedway
ThrowbackRacingTeam

If I'm not mistaken, Attica and Gas City both cancelled early. Atleast Eldora tried. You wouldv'e bitched even more if they hadn't. They probably couldn't put equipment on the track any earlier because it was too wet. They probably ran it in from the bottom because it was too slick to get up the banking. For 60 plus years at Angell Park Speedway in Wis., once they completed all the heat races it is considered a complete show- no refunds and no make up features the next week or night and no one bitched because we knew that goin in. 99% of the people that went last night can go back and see a bunch of extra racing tonight. What a great deal, even though they are gonna get more rain today so we'll see. That's April for ya!

2 members like this post: 64chevy, jjracer636
4/9/11, 11:27 AM   #23
PIT CART

Sounds they are going to Pull the plug on tonights show. To much moisture already and more rain on the way . I hope Attica runs.
Posted using Mobile Device

4/9/11, 1:27 PM   #24
sprinterfan

for all you idiots thinking were doing nothing but ********,,,(JCC) understand why dumba**......... were not pissed cuz they cancelled it,,,, were pissed cuz if the track crew had their head outta their A** they coulda got that race in way before the fog rolled in............... This is eldora speedway for christ sake!!!! it should be ready by 2pm that day... a bunch of damn idiots.... i guarentee to any damn body i coulda ran a crew to have that track in racing shape 100 damn times better than them idiots did last night...

nothing like busting your a** to get outta work on friday to make it up to eldora speedway,, only to walk in and watch 600 laps of push trucks and listen to an announcer say dumb a** ****..... eldora is a DAMN JOKE!!!!

3 members like this post: jim goerge, racytraci1, SUPERDUKE
4/9/11, 1:36 PM   #25
terrehautian

Is Eldora as bad or worse then THAT was the last few years before the Kokomo people did the last few? I never been there, just trying get an idea of how bad it is.

4/9/11, 1:57 PM   #26
Tony Stewart

trust me i watched on my computer til the bitter end last night, but no one can control the weather. sorry we let you down. i have the upmost confidence in my staff and watched them do everything they could to get it in last night. there are many more variables in what happened last night that usac dictated an was out of eldoras control. i love usac but the show in april seems to make more people unhappy than happy and the weather sucks in april. maybe we should stop running this event. we lose money on it every year. we do it for the fans but seems like thats not enough anymore. sorry

4/9/11, 2:09 PM   #27
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinterfan View Post
for all you idiots thinking were doing nothing but ********,,,(JCC) understand why dumba**......... were not pissed cuz they cancelled it,,,, were pissed cuz if the track crew had their head outta their A** they coulda got that race in way before the fog rolled in............... This is eldora speedway for christ sake!!!! it should be ready by 2pm that day... a bunch of damn idiots.... i guarentee to any damn body i coulda ran a crew to have that track in racing shape 100 damn times better than them idiots did last night...

nothing like busting your a** to get outta work on friday to make it up to eldora speedway,, only to walk in and watch 600 laps of push trucks and listen to an announcer say dumb a** ****..... eldora is a DAMN JOKE!!!!
And were are you incharge of track prep at? Lawn Chair track prep got to love it. Tony I hope you still try to have the race every year. Just never know what the weather will do. I look forward to this race every year. I tells me racing season is here. Went to Perris to end the season then to Ocala to start the season. But to me the season dosn't start until the USAC race at Eldora.

1 member likes this post: 64chevy
4/9/11, 2:16 PM   #28
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

As long as you keep the PIZZA BURGERS. I will be back in September looking forward to the 4 Crown

4/9/11, 2:16 PM   #29
OpenwheelRob

Good job guys, now you may lose a show. Enough is enough, you people always complain last week it was Twin Cities this week Eldora, what's next? It's pathetic, p-iss and moan. I remember my first race ever starting on the pole in a heat in 1998 at THE Eldora Speedway. Parents in the stands everything was great, after the race they complained about be covered in dust. I laughed it's a dirt track that will happen. I also remember vividly one year sitting in the line up chute at 1a.m. waiting for my first heat race of the night, yes 1 a.m. for the first heat race. Guess who ran the show during these times?? Earl and Larry, I can remember several times when we started late, had dust, whatever the case it was racing.

The problem isn't the track, the crew or whomever owns the property. Chit happens and you can either roll with the punches and look forward to the next time or you can cry and whine and stay home. Coming on this board and crying only makes it that much easier to say 'WHY BOTHER' no matter what you do someone is going to come on here and cry like a 'well you know'. Then you'll be on here crying that another track closed down, what's the deal? You just can't win with some people.

I guess I'm crazy , but to me the saying is true 'A bad day at the race track is better than any day at the office.'

Tony thanks for all you do! Eldora is a very special place to me and a lot of folks out there, don't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch .

4/9/11, 2:41 PM   #30
racerjim2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenwheelRob View Post
Good job guys, now you may lose a show. Enough is enough, you people always complain last week it was Twin Cities this week Eldora, what's next? It's pathetic, p-iss and moan. I remember my first race ever starting on the pole in a heat in 1998 at THE Eldora Speedway. Parents in the stands everything was great, after the race they complained about be covered in dust. I laughed it's a dirt track that will happen. I also remember vividly one year sitting in the line up chute at 1a.m. waiting for my first heat race of the night, yes 1 a.m. for the first heat race. Guess who ran the show during these times?? Earl and Larry, I can remember several times when we started late, had dust, whatever the case it was racing.

The problem isn't the track, the crew or whomever owns the property. Chit happens and you can either roll with the punches and look forward to the next time or you can cry and whine and stay home. Coming on this board and crying only makes it that much easier to say 'WHY BOTHER' no matter what you do someone is going to come on here and cry like a 'well you know'. Then you'll be on here crying that another track closed down, what's the deal? You just can't win with some people.

I guess I'm crazy , but to me the saying is true 'A bad day at the race track is better than any day at the office.'

Tony thanks for all you do! Eldora is a very special place to me and a lot of folks out there, don't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch .
Sounds like your sucking up to Tony...can't iamgine that! Best race I ever saw at Eldora was in March....but, things just didn't work out this time. Oh well.

1 member likes this post: sprinterfan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Advice for eldora speedway