IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Square Tail Tank
12/31/12, 9:41 PM   #81
PatrickMead#13

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Brad Kuhn Fan View Post
Although everyone seems to talk down of Mr Moore! I would like to thank you for fielding cars in this very pour economy! Also would like to thank you for giving drivers FREE rides! I have met you and you are a very nice respectful person! I hope to see the #10 Midget slinging some Indiana dirt in 2013!

Ditto. I met Don at Montpellier this past season and he's a nice guy and gave some good advice and pointers to a new guy like me. See ya in 13'! Thank you

Posted via Mobile Device

5 members like this post: apexonephoto, Charles Nungester, PJ Wright, Russ, TQ29m
12/31/12, 10:39 PM   #82
Re: Midget Square Tail Tank
Modocer 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
Mr. Anonymous,

I have kept quiet about the tire situation involving the same owner of the square tail tank. But since you brought it up, if there ever was an "assault/bully" move, it was last year when the owner showed up with special tires built for him and him alone by the purple tire company. A totally illegal act and a clear violation of the rule book and this person knowingly did or directed one of his employees to carry out the act. This person has the "free pass" mindset, specifically bypassing Don Kenyon, the ONLY dealer for indoor tires, and showing up with said tires with the purpose of beating up on the mom and pop midget teams that come to Fort Wayne annually. This was a classless act on his part and demonstrates how far this guy will go to, again, beat up on common ordinary people who abide by the rules and purchase tires according to the rule book. Again, I am just amazed by the number of people, including you sir, Mr. Anonymous, now trying to beat up on me, a supporter of fair and just midget racing for all. Bullying is being addressed across the United States and needs to be stopped. The poster bully boy that shows up with illegal tires is no exception. If you want to applaud this kind of behavior, that is your free right. But the people in the stands this past weekend got it right when the car went out of the arena on the fork lift. Na na na na, hey hey hey good bye. The people spoke about this nonsense and justly right with their applause and cheers.
Why does Don bother racing, it's always a crying act

1 member likes this post: Checker'd Past
12/31/12, 11:38 PM   #83
backitin

I think sprint cars have evolved over the years into the perfect race vehicle's, if you aint going fast enough with the best legal equipment out there learn to set it up and hire a good racer if you aint up to or havent the balls to drive it. A good Sprint Racer, not someone that excells at twitting, tweeting running his mouth, driving this and that for a buck and exposure. and living for no other reason to woo the crowd. None of these clowns could hold a racing candle to the likes of Opp and such, and probley a 100 other struggling dirt racers still running across the nation.

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
1/1/13, 5:19 AM   #84
jdull99

OT again, but how long did those 17+ car fields last??? I'd think 18-20 would be cool! ...just do like all major forms of racing and put lappers to the back on restarts or something...

1/1/13, 1:48 PM   #85
team3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney View Post
here you go!
This is just more proof that Mike was and still is a H3!! of a fabricator and engineer and he was way before his time with this car. Look at all the thought that was put into this car....Look at the details. Who cares about looks, it's what puts the lowest number on the stop watch that counts. At least IMO. I love innovation, BUT...

I agree with Don on this point though. If you want to have an even playing field, then the rules need to be applied for ALL, not all except a chosen few. Also IMHO....

Ft. Wayne is NOT the Chili Bowl, Run what ya brung stuff.

1/1/13, 2:36 PM   #86
c47

as with most of dons posts, they do stir up a lot of discussion. anyone wonder why? could it be that he is very outspoken about keeping the rules fair and trying to keep midget racing viable and semi affordable?
sometimes it may sound like whining but i know as a midget owner, i hate feeling like i am beat before the car comes out of the trailer......not by better drivers and legal equipment but by guys that stretch the rules. i can handle getting beat by bigger budgets and better drivers and set up guys but its hard to swallow knowing someone is in the grey area and i cant touch them.....and eventually, it drives people away...owners, drivers, CARS
a lot of people respond on message boards who have no more experience than an azz in the stands by saying "if you dont like it, dont go"......does that mean you are going to continue as a spectator if there are only 6 unlimited budget teams showing up to race? i think not.....then you will ***** that something should have been done to save the show....or save the midgets.
dont get me wrong....i hate a lot of petty rules and like to see innovation in any form of racing but not if it is going to lead to instant obsolescence of equipment.
Last edited by c47; 1/1/13 at 2:38 PM.

1/1/13, 2:40 PM   #87
team3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by c47 View Post
as with most of dons posts, they do stir up a lot of discussion. anyone wonder why? could it be that he is very outspoken about keeping the rules fair and trying to keep midget racing viable and semi affordable?
sometimes it may sound like whining but i know as a midget owner, i hate feeling like i am beat before the car comes out of the trailer......not by better drivers and legal equipment but by guys that stretch the rules. i can handle getting beat by bigger budgets and better drivers and set up guys but its hard to swallow knowing someone is in the grey area and i cant touch them.....and eventually, it drives people away...owners, drivers, CARS
a lot of people respond on message boards who have no more experience than an azz in the stands by saying "if you dont like it, dont go"......does that mean you are going to continue as a spectator if there are only 6 unlimited budget teams showing up to race? i think not.....then you will ***** that something should have been done to save the show....or save the midgets.
dont get me wrong....i hate a lot of petty rules and like to see innovation in any form of racing but not if it is going to lead to instant obsolescence of equipment.
Spot on! Nail on the head! Well said....

1/1/13, 3:32 PM   #88
DonMoore10

Unfortunately, most of you fans that read IOW have no idea what goes on over the fence in the pit area. By that I mean the racing business. I have followed open wheel racing since I was a kid all the way up to the time I became a sponsor of a midget at the Chili Bowl in 2000. The owner of that sponsored car gave me some very good advice: " You need to come into the pit area and see what the racing business is like up close and personal." At that point I began to realize there is more to it than just showing up at a race track with a car and racing. The business is full of deep pocket money, greed, ******** and it goes on and on. When I became an owner, I REALLY began to understand the racing business. I've survived as a owner now for 11 years while most of the teams that were around when I sponsored cars are long gone. It's a fun business but a very complicated business and you fans will never understand what it's like till you lay down a ton of cash, get your hands dirty and own a race team. IT's a whole new world, IOWheelers that most of you don't understand or comprehend. Sorry to say that but I've been on both sides of the fence and know what reality is. This past weekend I was at Fort Wayne and had a lot of down time to talk to several owners and drivers. We exchanged a lot #### that I will never print on this web site. Apparently almost all of them are not willing to share any of it publicly which is their choice. I'm possibly one of the few who is willing to put my name on posts and give you an idea what it's like to be an owner and give you some insight on the issues that affect midget racing, the product you see on the track. If some of you fans can't handle what I have to say, I don't understand why you keep reading them. Don't read 'em if you don't like 'em. It's real simple!
Last edited by DonMoore10; 1/1/13 at 6:25 PM.

1/1/13, 4:55 PM   #89
Roy Bleckert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
Unfortunately, most of you fans that read IOW have no idea what goes on over the fence in the pit area. By that I mean the racing business. I have followed open wheel racing since I was a kid all the way up to the time I became a sponsor of a midget at the Chili Bowl in 2000. The owner of that sponsored car gave me some very good advice: " You need to come into the pit area and see what the racing business is like up close and personal." At that point I began to realize there is more to it than just showing up at a race track with a car and racing. The business is full of deep pocket money, greed, ******** and it goes on and on. When I became an owner, I REALLY began to understand the racing business. I've survived as a owner now for 11 years while most of the teams that were around when I sponsored cars are long gone. It's a fun business but a very complicated business and you fans will never understand what it's like till you lay down a ton of cash, get your hands dirty and own a race team. IT's a whole new world, IOWheelers that most of you don't understand or comprehend. Sorry to say that but I've been on both sides of the fence and know what reality is. This past weekend I was at Fort Wayne and had a lot of down time to talk to several owners and drivers. We exchanged a lot #### that I will never print on this web site. Apparently almost all of them are not willing to share any of it publicly which is their choice. I'm possibly one of the few who is willing to put my name on posts and give you an idea what it's like to be an owner and give you some insite on the issues that affect midget racing, the product you see on the track. If some of you fans can't handle what I have to say, I don't understand why you keep reading them. Don't read 'em if you don't like 'em. It's real simple!
The short version... Racing is a Cut Throat Biz !

1/1/13, 6:08 PM   #90
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I like the old Staab Quote. " We left midgets because by the time we got competitive, We were obsolete."4

4 members like this post: RacinFool, randy j, team3521, Tony Barhorst
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Square Tail Tank