IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > driver shirts at Gas City
7/11/14, 7:03 AM   #31
Rpracing1

If it is the Race Track own tee shirt sales at the issue here, nothing against any individual track, but I have never bought any shirt that just has a tracks name on it. Bought hundred of drivers shirts though.

7/11/14, 7:35 AM   #32
Birdsboro

Race Count This Year: 10
Race Count Last Year: 30

I will sometimes buy a track shirt if it's a limited opportunity track... Like manzanita or someplace I ain't going to see again for a long time or if at all... The problem with track shirts are they are lame... They oughta get the car of the previous season point champ and runner up and throw them front and back. Make it a condition of the points chase or kick the driver a buck or so out of the price. For point of reference there is a track run by Toby Tobias in kutztown pa... The actiontrackusa.com Anyway... Nobody would buy a shirt so he has Pauch and Bightbill and I thin another guys cars racing on it.... So now you a cool driver shirt and track shirt all in one. Sorry for the ramble but I slept on a lumpy mattress in a cheap hotel in Ohio lol.... On to the middle.......

7/11/14, 8:20 AM   #33
Re: driver shirts at Gas City
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Im not aware that Bob did anything but try to help his grandson continue to race for years to come. He only funded a team for years.

But that don't count...........

1 member likes this post: cwfan08
7/11/14, 8:53 AM   #34
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Im not aware that Bob did anything but try to help his grandson continue to race for years to come. He only funded a team for years.

But that don't count...........
It is a proven fact that complaining on social media is detrimental to the sport. An Indiana track just closed last week, and cited that as one of the main reasons. This is his second post complaining about the same subject. Nothing Positive can come from it.

2 members like this post: fish, I Miss Manzy
7/11/14, 9:19 AM   #35
robert gatten

[QUOTE=BrentTFunk;383107]It is a proven fact that complaining on social media is detrimental to the sport. An Indiana track just closed last week, and cited that as one of the main reasons. This is his second post complaining about the same subject. Nothing Positive can come from it.[/QUote

Because it's the second time this year that drivers were told they could sell shirts then after everyone is set to sell their told they can't ! THAT is "detrimental to the sport". I'm done

7/11/14, 12:39 PM   #36
BrentTFunk

It is for sale. Show them how it is done

1 member likes this post: fish
7/11/14, 1:01 PM   #37
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
It is for sale. Show them how it is done
I don't think he was telling Mel how to run the place, again the racers are the product that the track is marketing in order to make some kind of profit. If the promoter costs the racers money then what are the chances that these racers come support the track at a weekly show? People needed to be rallying behind the racers and get the promoter to change his mind. Again I will state the racers are all the track has to offer, I don't know to many people who will go stare at a dirt oval and buy a hotdog with nothing going on the track. I guess they could run the water truck around and charge admission for that. Most dirt track racers don't live a glamorous rock star lifestyle, but instead might be eating bologna sandwiches to make it to the track the next week. These guys need all the help and extra promotion they can get and a non supporting promoter of the cause does not help.

1 member likes this post: kasey2020
7/11/14, 1:18 PM   #38
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_edge View Post
I don't think he was telling Mel how to run the place, again the racers are the product that the track is marketing in order to make some kind of profit. If the promoter costs the racers money then what are the chances that these racers come support the track at a weekly show? People needed to be rallying behind the racers and get the promoter to change his mind. Again I will state the racers are all the track has to offer, I don't know to many people who will go stare at a dirt oval and buy a hotdog with nothing going on the track. I guess they could run the water truck around and charge admission for that. Most dirt track racers don't live a glamorous rock star lifestyle, but instead might be eating bologna sandwiches to make it to the track the next week. These guys need all the help and extra promotion they can get and a non supporting promoter of the cause does not help.
I doubt complaining on a message board will help anything, but it can do a lot of damage. When the Miles family steeped down at Bloomington, she said in Sprint Car and Midget that social media was a huge factor in stepping down. My guess is having enough room to provide fro everyone who wanted it is probably the factor in the decision, but that is just a guess.

1 member likes this post: fish
7/11/14, 1:34 PM   #39
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Im in agreement that negativity isn't good.

Im only upset I can't make a couple races I'd planned on making. T shirts or not.

Have fun Hope the track does well as they lost Midget Week and I hope the Racers manage to sell lots of T shirts regardless.

1 member likes this post: cwfan08
7/11/14, 3:14 PM   #40
IndySprintCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I doubt complaining on a message board will help anything, but it can do a lot of damage. When the Miles family steeped down at Bloomington, she said in Sprint Car and Midget that social media was a huge factor in stepping down.
It IS a huge pain to listen to customer complaints thrown from behind the anonymity provided by the online world. But, they are (theoretically, at least) YOUR customers, like it or not.

I've done business long enough to know that a) "customers" are the biggest necessary evil and pain in my butt I've ever ran across and b) without them I wouldn't have a business. So, promoters better just get used to the fact that fans are gonna be the providers of both positive and negative feedback about their tracks. These days, part of their job is to manage that just like they manage hot dog inventory and track prep. It is what it is.

Rudisell from Lawrenceburg has done it better than anyone here in Indiana for several years on this message board as far as I'm concerned.

The ones that don't like it can either a) take their marbles and go home (Miles), b) wither and fall apart (GC?), or c) adapt and adjust ('burg).
Last edited by IndySprintCar; 7/11/14 at 3:15 PM. Reason: Not enough t's in BUTT

3 members like this post: hoosier race fan, I Miss Manzy, Tom23
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > driver shirts at Gas City