IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS team needing some help
4/27/14, 8:35 PM   #1
BOSS team needing some help
amiller24m

Race Count This Year: 12

I am in need of some at the track help in the pits, my crew guy has a work schedule that will prevent him from making a lot of my scheduled BOSS shows. I simply need an able body to help get the car ready at the track. Anyone interested in helping at any of our upcoming shows, pit passes will be paid for. Namely Eldora on May 17th, and Raceway 7 on May 23rd. It would be greatly appreciated.
Contact Adam @ 920-889-2484 or respond to this thread. Thanks.

4/28/14, 6:54 AM   #2
Re: BOSS team needing some help
larsonfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiller24m View Post
I am in need of some at the track help in the pits, my crew guy has a work schedule that will prevent him from making a lot of my scheduled BOSS shows. I simply need an able body to help get the car ready at the track. Anyone interested in helping at any of our upcoming shows, pit passes will be paid for. Namely Eldora on May 17th, and Raceway 7 on May 23rd. It would be greatly appreciated.
Adam, I would love to help you if you still needed someone. I live in Dayton, OH. I was going to the Eldora show anyway. Here's what you'd be getting with me - a 51-year old guy who loves sprint car racing. I don't have any hands-on time with them, but I know enough to help. I have always wanted to help a team. My number is 937-269-3098. I'm not allowed to bring my cell phone in to work, but it is on in my car so you can call or text. I'll pay for my own pit pass, save your money for your car! Thanks, Jeff

4/28/14, 7:44 AM   #3
griffithracing

Crew guy buys own pit pass! That's great! Way to step up and offer help Jeff!

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, larsonfan
4/28/14, 3:44 PM   #4
larsonfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffithracing View Post
Crew guy buys own pit pass! That's great! Way to step up and offer help Jeff!
Thank you. I'd be honored to help out one of you guys, even if I just wipe mud off a car. Always wanted to, but was afraid to ask anybody if they needed help. You guys work so hard to put on a great show for us fans - maybe just a small way to give back.

4/28/14, 5:34 PM   #5
Honest-Sam

If I could double or triple like, I would.

Wish I were closer. AND wish that there weren't a Little 5 conflict. Hope it works out for Adam.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, KENDALLRACING
5/1/14, 5:39 PM   #6
amiller24m

Race Count This Year: 12

Thanks for the replies guys, it means a lot. Jeff, we shall see you at the Big E!

5/2/14, 12:35 PM   #7
larsonfan
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the replies guys, it means a lot. Jeff, we shall see you at the Big E!
Yes sir - can't wait!

1 member likes this post: KENDALLRACING
5/13/14, 8:47 PM   #8
PIT CART

You still wanting some help?

5/19/14, 3:19 PM   #9
larsonfan
Banned

Quote:
If you folks will allow me, I wanted to thank Adam Miller and family/crew for allowing me to help you this past Saturday night at the Eldora BOSS show. Thanks for your hospitality, friendship, and for enduring my endless (and probably stupid ) questions.

I have have a whole new perspective on how hard you racers and crews work, think, re-think, and adjust your cars throughout the program. We were pitted beside Robert Ballou, and it was really cool to watch he and his crew member in action too.

I still have a smile on my face, and for you who do this every weekend, you probably think I'm coo-coo . You folks have my utmost respect, and Adam, you have gained a lifelong fan and friend. Thank you so much. Jeff
Last edited by larsonfan; 5/19/14 at 3:21 PM.

5/19/14, 3:27 PM   #10
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I used to really enjoy working on cars. I never really was much more than a wrench grabber for a couple sprint teams but was much more involved with late models and even bombers for about four years. So much so that even when i didn't crew I was in the infield at Eldora and Florence When they had the pits in the infield.

Had a nice chat with Ricky Corbin last saturday as his son raced and came from 17th to 2nd at The Burg In a mod. I used to help out quite a bit for about a year on his car. Friendships in racing often last a lifetime.

Your right, Its a totally different perspective and if you want another totally different perspective Drive a race in a bomber, hornet or take a ride with Hewitt. I guarantee that if you don't crash you'll come out of the car with a smile you couldn't smack off your face and probably shaking with adrenaline as well.

How these guys run the edge and stay calm doing it, Is almost beyond me.

Glad you had fun Jeff.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/19/14 at 3:28 PM.

2 members like this post: davidm, larsonfan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS team needing some help