IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Midgets @ the Speedrome Tonight!
6/22/11, 2:03 PM   #1
USAC Midgets @ the Speedrome Tonight!
USAC Developmental

Hope to see everyone out to the Speedrome tonight for the USAC Midget Triple Header presented by IUPUI featuring the Mopar D1, Ford Focus and Focus Young Gun Midgets.

Racing starts @ 7pm, tickets just $10

6/22/11, 3:06 PM   #2
Re: USAC Midgets @ the Speedrome Tonight!
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAC Developmental View Post
Hope to see everyone out to the Speedrome tonight for the USAC Midget Triple Header presented by IUPUI featuring the Mopar D1, Ford Focus and Focus Young Gun Midgets.

Racing starts @ 7pm, tickets just $10
How much for pit pass It's been a while since going there?

Danny 24

6/22/11, 5:40 PM   #3
USAC Developmental

$25 for members, $30 for non members

13 Mopar D1 Midgets signed in tonight, 12 Ford Focus Cars

6/22/11, 11:13 PM   #4
indybail

My son and I have been to both races at the Indianapolis Speedrome that the weather has allowed. They have been poorly attended. It's a shame. Trust me, these shows are better than anything on television. Come on out and see some truly impressive young talent.

6/22/11, 11:41 PM   #5
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybail View Post
My son and I have been to both races at the Indianapolis Speedrome that the weather has allowed. They have been poorly attended. It's a shame. Trust me, these shows are better than anything on television. Come on out and see some truly impressive young talent.
I tried counting the grandstands tonight and I would bet there were not 125 people there. It is a real shame since they move the program along pretty well and most of the time you are on the road before 9:30 PM.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/22/11, 11:45 PM   #6
Sickfan

I gotta be honest, I use to go to the Speedrome a lot a few years ago when guys like Kuhn were there, but the car counts are just too low. If each class had a few more in I will be there most weeks.

6/23/11, 4:38 PM   #7
team3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickfan View Post
I gotta be honest, I use to go to the Speedrome a lot a few years ago when guys like Kuhn were there, but the car counts are just too low. If each class had a few more in I will be there most weeks.
Wow dude, you must be spoiled! If I could go somewhere near where I live and watch 12 midgets race during the week, I would be there. Especially for what it costs to get in.

Support the local open wheel races or they will disappear!

2 members like this post: KRJoyce1, MIDGETRACER11
6/23/11, 5:43 PM   #8
Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3521 View Post
Wow dude, you must be spoiled! If I could go somewhere near where I live and watch 12 midgets race during the week, I would be there. Especially for what it costs to get in.

Support the local open wheel races or they will disappear!
That is exactly what I am doing. I'm here just for the summer from Alabama and trust me, we don't have anything like the racing you guys have here. I have no problem driving an hour plus to attend this race. Been to the last two! Great show each week.

6/23/11, 6:04 PM   #9
deannalynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickfan View Post
It's about quality, not quanitity! In no way am I promoting this series, but you weren't even there so why complain? Just to name a few young guns out there running..... Kuhn, Andretti, McGhee, O'Gara(Sarah Fisher's nephew), Calcutta, and a Hamilton. If you don't want to see the future of racing, by all means stay home!!!! You don't deserve to be there! Even Eddie Sachs III came out to check it out. My 10 year old daughter had a blast and the Speedrome put on a show that Lucas Oil Raceway could take a lesson from. By the way Indianapolis Raceway Park (Lucas Oil Raceway)will be hosting USAC Sprints for Thursday Night Thunder July 7, 2011!!!!!!!!! I hope they will play some music this time as last TNT was the only race I've been to without music when appropriate. See you at the races Sickfan

Thanks for the correction, racerdog45!!!!
Last edited by deannalynn; 6/23/11 at 7:56 PM.

2 members like this post: mike mcghee
6/23/11, 7:35 PM   #10
racerdog45

what the heck is LORP????????

It's Lucas Oil Raceway Park now???? lol, I never really check, just call it IRP or Raceway Park, i actually thought O'Rielly(spelling?) still sponsored it....lol always going to be IRP to me deannalynn just like the Hoosier Dome was always the that and not RCA or whatever......
Last edited by racerdog45; 6/23/11 at 8:49 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Midgets @ the Speedrome Tonight!