IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2013 usac
12/6/12, 6:51 PM   #21
Re: 2013 usac
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
The only plus I see about the midget schedule is the two day Kokomo show in April and good luck hitting the weather just right for that. Otherwise, the schedule has gone nowhere for years. It used to be that the midget schedule was separate from the other divisions, that is, a midget race would be scheduled somewhere in the country while a sprint car show would also be held at another venue. For example, they ran a 100 lap midget event on Labor Day in Columbus, Ohio while the champ cars were racing at the same time at DuQuoin. The midgets are odd man out.
I don't remember all of the details, but isn't that one of the things that caused USAC and Belleville nationals to split. Didn't USAC sanction the Silver Crown cars at Iowa against the midget nationals at Beleville?

12/6/12, 6:52 PM   #22
mortboyz

While I still long for the Hut 100 to return to Terre Haute, I'm thrilled to see it come to Granite City. Much appreciation to Kevin and Tammy Gundaker not only for that, but to see some reconciliation with POWRi is outstanding news to this Midget fan...

12/6/12, 7:10 PM   #23
fasster23

I'm seeing the Indy Mile SC race May 23rd. That's on a Thursday. Is that right?

Posted via Mobile Device

12/6/12, 7:13 PM   #24
addictedtodirt

QUOTE=DonMoore10;311542] The new venue is a big track... 100 laps on an engine there? I guess it won't matter for those that get free engines.[/QUOTE]

I saw your car at the Gold Crown. Were you planning an engine change over the weekend? I'm guessing that the cars run over a hundred laps during the weekend. I'm asking because I don't know, not being a smarta**. How many owners would you guess did change an engine?

Posted via Mobile Device

12/6/12, 7:20 PM   #25
DonMoore10

An engine change? You've got to be kidding. Yes, we were there for THREE race meets that paid $3000 to win the first two nights and $10,000 to win the last night. I think that adds up to $16,000 for first place for three nights. This is a one night event=three nights of racing for a one night purse. I would be glad to race that night.. bring your engine, we'll drop it in the my car, and go racing. Deal?

12/6/12, 7:49 PM   #26
cowboyhar69

July 12 is a Friday...I am assuming that is the correct date for Gas City...and July 17th is a Wednesday so I am thinking that would be the Terre Haute date.....paging Spridge!!

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

12/6/12, 8:17 PM   #27
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Hut Hundred not in Indiana? WTH......

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

12/6/12, 8:21 PM   #28
Max Revs

USAC National Midget Series schedule shows 2 new dates in Florida - Sun Feb 17 and Mon Feb 18 at New Smyrna Speedway. Confirmed! Now to get USAC to bring the Silver Crown series down too, and we are good to go.

Last edited by Max Revs; 12/6/12 at 8:22 PM.

12/6/12, 8:31 PM   #29
cowboyhar69

AMSOIL NATIONAL SPRINT SERIES ANNOUNCES 40-RACE 2013 SCHEDULE

The preliminary 2013 AMSOIL USAC National Sprint Car schedule reflects 40 dates, including the extremely popular “Indiana Sprint Week” and “Eastern Storm” events.

Opening with three back-to-back events at Bubba Raceway Park in Ocala, Fla., the series is slated to conclude with the traditional “Budweiser Oval Nationals” at Perris (Calif.) Auto Speedway. In between, “traditional” stops include the Don Branson/Jud Larson and “4-Crown Nationals at Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio, the Tony Hulman Classic and Jim Hurtubise Classic races at the Terre Haute (Ind.) Action Track, the “Ultimate Challenge” at Southern Iowa Speedway in Oskaloosa, Iowa and the second annual “Sprint Car Smackdown” at Kokomo (Ind.) Speedway.

“Indiana Sprint Week” mirrors its 2012 calendar from July 12-20 at seven Hoosier ovals, while the five “Eastern Storm” events in Pennsylvania and New Jersey are being finalized in June. Missouri and Nebraska return to the 2013 schedule with races at Cameron, Mo. and Eagle, Neb. May 3-4 and Arkansas tracks at Little Rock and West Memphis return on September 6-7. Arizona again hosts a pair of races at Canyon Speedway Park in Peoria October 25-26.

Bryan Clauson of Noblesville, Ind. is the defending AMSOIL USAC National Sprint Car Champion, edging former champion Dave Darland by a scant eight points in one of the most hotly-contested series battles in history.

2013 USAC AMSOIL NATIONAL SPRINT CAR SCHEDULE

Date Location/Track

February 21 Ocala, FL/Bubba Raceway Park

February 22 Ocala, FL/Bubba Raceway Park

February 23 Ocala, FL/Bubba Raceway Park

April 6 Lawrenceburg, IN/Lawrenceburg Speedway

April 20 Rossburg, OH/Eldora Speedway

April 26 Gas City, IN/Gas City I-69 Speedway

April 27 Putnamville, IN/Lincoln Park Speedway

May 3 Cameron, MO/US 36 Raceway

May 4 Eagle, NE/Eagle Raceway

May 11 Haubstadt, IN/Tri-State Speedway

May 17 Bloomington, IN/Bloomington Speedway

May 22 Terre Haute, IN/Terre Haute Action Track

June 4 #Eastern Storm TBA

June 5 #Eastern Storm TBA

June 6 #Eastern Storm TBA

June 7 #Eastern Storm TBA

June 8 #Eastern Storm TBA

June 22 Lake Odessa, MI/I-96 Speedway

July 12 @Gas City, IN/Gas City I-69 Speedway

July 13 @Kokomo, IN/Kokomo Speedway

July 14 @Lawrenceburg, IN/Lawrenceburg Speedway

July 17 @Terre Haute, IN/Terre Haute Action Track

July 18 @Putnamville, IN/Lincoln Park Speedway

July 19 @Bloomington, IN/Bloomington, IN

July 20 @Haubstadt, IN/Tri-State Speedway

August 6 Oskaloosa, IA/Southern Iowa Speedway (SE)

August 22 Kokomo, IN/Kokomo Speedway

August 23 Kokomo, IN/Kokomo Speedway

August 24 Kokomo, IN/Kokomo Speedway

August 30 West Burlington, IA/34 Raceway

August 31 Terre Haute, IN/Terre Haute Action Track

September 6 Little Rock, AR/I-30 Speedway

September 7 West Memphis, AR/Riverside International Speedway

September 14 Haubstadt, IN/Tri-State Speedway

September 21 Rossburg, OH/Eldora Speedway

September 28 Lawrenceburg, IN/Lawrenceburg Speedway

October 25 Peoria, AZ/Canyon Speedway Park

October 26 Peoria, AZ/Canyon Speedway Park

November 1 Perris, CA/Perris Auto Speedway

November 2 Perris, CA/Perris Auto Speedway

#=Eastern Storm

@=Indiana Sprint Week

(SE)=Non-points event

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

12/6/12, 9:05 PM   #30
mortboyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
An engine change? You've got to be kidding. Yes, we were there for THREE race meets that paid $3000 to win the first two nights and $10,000 to win the last night. I think that adds up to $16,000 for first place for three nights. This is a one night event=three nights of racing for a one night purse. I would be glad to race that night.. bring your engine, we'll drop it in the my car, and go racing. Deal?
Yes Granite City is a lil bigger than Haubstadt. But if you can get 59 cars at Perris on that halfmile, why in the hell won't anybody run the Hut 100 at Terre Haute anymore.
I know, I know....they get 300 cars at Tulsa for $10k and that doesn't make sense either.
Don, your cars are potent enough to run the Hut at GC.....

2 members like this post: billwill7, Steve Wendel
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2013 usac