IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > one way radios
7/14/08, 10:55 PM   #1
one way radios
babcock14d

i was just wondering why they were using the chalk boards to line up the cars all the time at the kokomo sprintweek race I thought that was part of the raeson to rent or buy the radios was to tell the line ups and speed up the show .

7/15/08, 7:24 AM   #2
Re: one way radios
Tim Clauson

Quote:
Originally Posted by babcock14d View Post
i was just wondering why they were using the chalk boards to line up the cars all the time at the kokomo sprintweek race I thought that was part of the raeson to rent or buy the radios was to tell the line ups and speed up the show .
Our radio went dead during the "B" main Sunday night and we were using the chalk board during the "A". I am sure this issue has come up in the past so why not use "both" systems to be sure that the drivers are getting the information and keep the show moving along. I have been to all of sprint week and do not remember any issues with line ups using both radio's and the chalk board.

On another note I love the "live" timing and scoring they have up at the USAC trailer during qualifying and the races.

Tim Clauson

7/15/08, 7:30 AM   #3
Re: one way radios
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Seemed both systems were in effect at LBurg as well. Whatever they were doing it worked well. One of the things I get severely ticked about at MSCS shows is over a dozen laps just to get lined up and sometimes this is for 15th possition.

Radios, Yeah they might be a hassle to some drivers but I say :thumb:thumb:applaud:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > one way radios