IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Mini-Sprint Classifieds > Hi velocity intakes
5/26/15, 1:08 PM   #61
Re: Hi velocity intakes
MC@Performance Fab

This Memorial Day Weekend Perris Speedway held their annual holiday race featuring the 410 sprinters and Lighting Sprints.
Like he did last weekend Bobby Michnowicz took charge from the beginning setting a new track record in qualifing of 17.294 at 112.409 MPH. That's getting it done!!
Come time for the feature his High Velocity Intakes powered 2011 ZX10 had a easy time picking off traffic and picking up his second win in only his second race running a High Velocity Intake. Again, That's Getting It Done!!

6/15/15, 2:37 PM   #62
MC@Performance Fab

There's been a ton of interest in the crossplane motor and a lot of people have tried them however most gone back to the standard motors. The deal is they come out great but half way down the straight their out of steam. Things that have helped, trimming the airbox and flashing the ecu to remove the factory restrictions. Choosing the correct RPM to turn them has also been a bit hit & miss.
From my side of things there's been no end of people asking for help but the price has always been a big issue, $900 airboxs don't sell that well so I've taken my time deciding if and how to approach this particular motor package.
We tested my new package this past weekend, in a Winged Minisprint on a fast, very tacky 3/8 mile track. Ran 2nd in the heat, he's blown away. Made some changes with the autotune before the Main, started second row, grabbed the lead on the second lap and pulled away from the field. 3/4 thru the race there's a caution, car overheats and looses power, typical R1...lol, he settles for second.
When I talked with him on Sunday he's amazed at the difference, the car isn't laying over at half straight, he can run the TOP as well as the bottom, never been able to run the top before, in fact he passed the leader on the top.
So there is some hope for the crossplane, add an external oil cooler to help keep it cool, and check out the pics below.
Monte
Attached Images
P1010078 (800x600).jpg (124.7 KB, 102 views)

7/8/15, 2:57 PM   #63
MC@Performance Fab

Last weekends race on the half mile at Perris Ca. Watch that stock GSXR running a High Velocity Intake checkout on the field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI_Xk1G_7F0

10/6/15, 3:42 PM   #64
MC@Performance Fab

The best way to improve your motors performance bang for buck is a proper set of Velocity Stacks tuned for your specific motor. In an effort to help keep costs down I developed replacement stacks for the 07-08 and 09-14 R1 motors earlier this year, these give you all the bang for around half the buck.
As a way to help further reduce costs I'm offering these Velocity Stack assembly's at an end of season sale price of just $350. This sale is limited to stock in current inventory.

Monte Crawford

Performance Fabrication

High Velocity Intakes

760-317-7680

montecrawfords@gmail.com
Attached Images
P1010081 (800x600).jpg (150.2 KB, 65 views)
P1010083 (800x600).jpg (134.0 KB, 53 views)

10/23/15, 2:48 PM   #65
MC@Performance Fab

The Party Rolls On.
This past weekend the Calightning Sprints and the guys from the BCRA met at Ventura Raceway for another NorCal versus SoCal grudge match race with the night's winner taking home a cool $1000.
Early this season Bobby Michnowicz switched over to High Velocity Intakes for his Gen 4 ZX10 powered machine and since that time he's finished FIRST in every Feature Race he's run as well as setting a new track record on the Perris Raceway half mile at 112 MPH!!

So could Bobby continue his winning ways and keep the party rolling??

If a good picture is worth a thousand words this one is worth $1000!!

10/26/15, 2:28 PM   #66
MC@Performance Fab

Congrats to the 2015 CLS Minisprint Champion Bobby Michnowicz on wrapping up the title chase with one race to go, it's been a great year!!

10/26/15, 3:55 PM   #67
Lembeck20

Bobby did a hell of a job as usual. He did win half the races as well to win that championship with Rosson racing velocity/injection. So I wouldn't be to quick to take all the credit if I were you.

10/27/15, 9:42 PM   #68
MC@Performance Fab

Actually it's not even close in wins.

Simply put Bobby changed over from the Rosson unit to a High Velocity Intake because it made the car faster and more driveable.

Fact is he finished FIRST in every race he ran running High Velocity Intakes.

Trolls......LOL
Last edited by MC@Performance Fab; 10/27/15 at 9:51 PM.

11/13/15, 1:08 PM   #69
MC@Performance Fab

Having an end of season sale on 3 GSXR High Velocity Intakes, their ready to ship, $450, 760-317-7680

11/14/15, 4:52 PM   #70
Lembeck20

Very simply Monte your business ethics suck! I like how you talk sh@t to people who simply just pointed out something. Also I like how you talk sh#t about the Rosson injection set up and put it down. That's a great sales pitch there to. To say the least I run neither product and still beat both.

Troll you say? Carry on.
Last edited by Lembeck20; 11/14/15 at 4:54 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Mini-Sprint Classifieds > Hi velocity intakes