IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora WoO
5/2/14, 9:50 PM   #1
Eldora WoO
cowboyhar69

From Eldora's Facebook page

Congrats to Shane Stewart & Larson Marks Racing racing on the victory in their first World of Outlaws start! We do it all again tomorrow!

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

4 members like this post: dirtfan98, dirtnonwingfan, PIT CART, Stevensville Mike
5/2/14, 10:11 PM   #2
Re: Eldora WoO
EldoraMark

What a boring time. 4 heats no passing Last chance No passing. Feature K Kinser started out front and Shane passed him a few laps latter. Joey passed some cars to get to 2nd. Shane was on a mission and was lapping traffic by lap 7, but other than that it sucked wind. The side of the outlaw truck says The greatest SHOW on dirt. That what it is, a Show not a race. One good thing and the only real reason I went is to see Bobby Allan. Have not seen him since the 90's His grandsons car look exactly like Bobby car did 20 years ago knowing Scruff it might of been his. All the haulers on the circuit are very organized but old Bobby's hauler looked like a junk wagon inside. He has not changed and you got to love him. Next time I will be at a sprint car race and not a WANG show.

Eldora Mark

5/2/14, 10:20 PM   #3
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
From Eldora's Facebook page

Congrats to Shane Stewart & Larson Marks Racing racing on the victory in their first World of Outlaws start! We do it all again tomorrow!
Good to see he had some success tonight. I have been watching WSS from Australia the past Winter and he really had a rough go down under.

1 member likes this post: captrat
5/2/14, 10:21 PM   #4
cowboyhar69

Mark, it is all about marketing your product...just like Nascar did.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

4 members like this post: apexonephoto, jim goerge, racenut69, speed bump
5/2/14, 10:23 PM   #5
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldoraMark View Post
What a boring time. 4 heats no passing Last chance No passing. Feature K Kinser started out front and Shane passed him a few laps latter. ...Eldora Mark
I'm sorry to hear that. Reading the reports in the paper of the last few WoO & PA shows, it seemed like they were actually getting racy, with a fair amount of passing. Maybe not.

5/2/14, 10:42 PM   #6
captrat

[QUOTE=cowboyhar69;373116]Mark, it is all about marketing your product...just like Nascar did.[/QUOTe

Absolutely,marketing above all else in this world. The WoO have setback sprint car racing as a viable part of our sport in almost immeasurable ways. Picture a new fan after one or two of these parades on TV; will they come back for more in person, think not!

1 member likes this post: speed bump
5/2/14, 11:04 PM   #7
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

Caprat,would a new fan knowing nothing about sprint cars know if they saw a good race?

2 members like this post: apexonephoto, cwfan08
5/2/14, 11:04 PM   #8
miledirt

Last weekend, Pevely was awesome....side by side, great passing

1 member likes this post: LocalYokel
5/2/14, 11:58 PM   #9
slick01

Race Count This Year: 31
Race Count Last Year: 48

I respect the passion of my non-wing friends but I wish folks would consider sprint car racing as a whole. We love both aspects and either way, right now, sprint car racing is the best form of motorsports PERIOD. For those of us without a sprint car race within a few hundred miles, we appreciate it all!

6 members like this post: cwfan08, fish, johnnythunderhead, mc/rider, Russ, Wingman
5/3/14, 12:02 AM   #10
johnnythunderhead
Banned

how was the track, last time I was there it was a dustbowl?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora WoO