IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 𝐸𝑚𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝐴𝑥𝑠𝑜𝑚 𝑅𝑎𝑐𝑖𝑛𝑔 - Hauler Fire
5/14/23, 6:16 PM   #1
𝐸𝑚𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝐴𝑥𝑠𝑜𝑚 𝑅𝑎𝑐𝑖𝑛𝑔 - Hauler Fire
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Hope everyone was ok after this.

Emerson Axsom Racing - Hauler Fire.

Last edited by nathans1012; 5/14/23 at 6:38 PM.

1 member likes this post: Bostonian
5/14/23, 7:43 PM   #2
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

From Emerson’s Aunt.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/emerson-a...term=undefined

5/15/23, 8:43 AM   #3
Re: 𝐸𝑚𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝐴𝑥𝑠𝑜𝑚 𝑅𝑎𝑐𝑖𝑛𝑔 - Hauler Fire
Offroadrace_814

Surprises me that they had minimal insurance on the toterhome. Along with no insurance on the trailer. I do not own a toter. But, my tow rigs (Motorhome or Van) has full coverage. As I would need them replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post

5 members like this post: Bostonian, jdull99, nathans1012, rimrider69, tirespinner
5/15/23, 9:21 AM   #4
dsc1600

Why are all these toters catching on fire lately? This is 3 in a short time no?

5/15/23, 10:07 AM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Just glad everyone is ok, That is what's not replaceable.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/15/23 at 10:08 AM.

5/15/23, 10:59 AM   #6
Midget98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroadrace_814 View Post
Surprises me that they had minimal insurance on the toterhome. Along with no insurance on the trailer. I do not own a toter. But, my tow rigs (Motorhome or Van) has full coverage. As I would need them replaced.
Unless you are a complete idiot, you carry insurance on haulers and trailers. Hagerty even offers insurance on race vehicles and equipment for damage or loss when they aren't on the track. Failing to be responsible and carry sufficient insurance doesn't make me feel like donating to a gofundme account.

5/15/23, 2:46 PM   #7
Offroadrace_814

I race off road. And that is the same my race vehicle (Buggy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget98 View Post
Unless you are a complete idiot, you carry insurance on haulers and trailers. Hagerty even offers insurance on race vehicles and equipment for damage or loss when they aren't on the track. Failing to be responsible and carry sufficient insurance doesn't make me feel like donating to a gofundme account.

5/15/23, 3:05 PM   #8
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget98 View Post
The world needs more compassionate (Feeling or showing sympathy for others) people like this.

I have always thought Emerson and his family were good people. Had no clue they were idiots.
Last edited by opnwhlmnd; 5/16/23 at 8:59 AM.

1 member likes this post: Gene Franckowiak
5/15/23, 3:30 PM   #9
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 22

The Go Fund Me account has been closed. Guessing they may have felt some backlash since it’s a pretty larger well sponsored team. I like Emerson and hope the team gets back on their feet soon. Once they get the stocked with some merchandise I’ll be happy to purchase something to help.

5/15/23, 4:21 PM   #10
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Thanks for posting this Nathans, your always on top of things for sure. It's always nice to know about these things so a person can show their support towards people and/or teams in this case. I am glad to hear that everyone is okay/made it out okay, from a physical standpoint anyway.

Emerson is a fantastic kid, always has time for people, doesnt make excuses or blame other people, much less crash people to win. His family are great people as well.

As far as the insurance thing, does anyone actually know they didnt have insurance or minimal insurance? My personal opinion is there is a misunderstanding somewhere. I find it extremely difficult to believe/imagine that Emerson Axsom Racing didn't have insurance or had minimal insurance on a rig, hauler, and race car with that kind of money invested. If they didnt, there has to be some kind of logical explanation.
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 5/16/23 at 12:00 AM.

3 members like this post: Grocery Guy, nathans1012, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 𝐸𝑚𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝐴𝑥𝑠𝑜𝑚 𝑅𝑎𝑐𝑖𝑛𝑔 - Hauler Fire