IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lake Ozark, Missouri …
4/13/22, 2:01 AM   #61
Re: Lake Ozark, Missouri …
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho Stapp View Post
imo if you are going to do a non-wing national there is only one place, and that place is Eldora. anyone who has been there knows everything you could want is there. camping, seating, suites, ample parking, ample pit space, situated in sprint car nirvana.Indiana/Ohio/Pennsylvania, i would gladly invest in a 2 or 3 day show!!
Great facilities, but I think most NW fans prefer smaller tracks (like me...)

2 members like this post: cornerthree, tirespinner
4/13/22, 2:02 AM   #62
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
Have been going to Eldora since 1968 and have witnessed some incredible racing, but for a big non-wing show it would be my last choice.
Maybe not LAST choice, but I'd prefer a 1/4 mile.....

4/13/22, 5:45 AM   #63
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

3/8 or larger.

4/13/22, 10:37 AM   #64
dsc1600

To me, the best solution is to take the 4 Crown, which gets lost amid all the things people do in the fall whether it be football, back to school etc… and move it to the weekend before the Kings Royal. Make it into a 10 days of Eldora, just like the 360 Nats and 410 Nats create a 10 days of Knoxville thing. Increase the purses for all the divisions and sell that as a National event. Try to grow it over time and encourage people to camp and make a week out of it. If you didn’t want to stay for the Royal so be it, the USAC divisions would be stand alone and not have to compete with anything for attention.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/13/22, 10:45 AM   #65
mscs20

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
It would be cool if Xtreme, USAC & WAR all cosponsored a race.... TRUE wingless Nationals!
The Knoxville Corn Belt Nationals was a 2 day event co sanctioned by WAR,MWRA and USAC, and near 60 cars. Taking away Friday night for the NASCAR trucks killed that momentum.

September's WAR sanctioned Jesse Hockett Memorial at Wheatland brings over 60 cars from 11 states, for a 3 day event. And it's televised.

It takes a special place to be able to put on a true nationals. Pit area, organization, help, prize money etc.

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, captrat, oppweld, PIT CART, tirespinner, TNRustler
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lake Ozark, Missouri …