IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > usac championships
9/7/20, 12:29 PM   #1
usac championships
i love dirt track racing

With the burg October 3rd being the last racing events schedule for the sprint car's in Indiana. What do you guys think about the championship going out west. Not looking good for both California our Arizona. Hopefully that usac has a plan and if they can't go out west maybe they might have the championship for sprint car's and midgets here in Indiana. If that is the case what track do you guys think might get to host the championship. Just thinking out loud. Lmao. Thanks.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/7/20, 1:56 PM   #2
openwheelfan1

We have relatives in the Phoenix AZ area. They CURRENTLY have more restrictions in regards to attendance at events than does IN. I don’t think there has been a racing event run in So. California for months. While events out West are still 2 months away and the situation can change, I seriously doubt that USAC (and the teams) will travel West for less than the 5 shows on the schedule, and I just don’t see that happening. USAC MIGHT add another race or two in IN (or a surrounding state) after Oct. 3, but I think the USAC Sprint and Midget championships will conclude in the MidWest in October.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, JustAddDirt69
9/7/20, 4:08 PM   #3
interpreter66

Come to Florida we race up to the week before Christmas!

( I know wishful thinking )

9/7/20, 7:11 PM   #4
Re: usac championships
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 22

Petaluma CA has been racing with no fans, but that’s not a track to run a championship race on.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, JustAddDirt69
9/7/20, 8:55 PM   #5
jim goerge

I have always thought the championships should end here in Indiana.

9/7/20, 9:24 PM   #6
jonboat15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Petaluma CA has been racing with no fans, but that’s not a track to run a championship race on.
I like Petuluma, only seen it on the tube but that place has some character. Why not a championship track to race on? The track is the same for every driver that signs in.

9/7/20, 10:24 PM   #7
ROSS

Race Count Last Year: 53

Duplicate Post
Last edited by ROSS; 9/7/20 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Duplicate Post

9/7/20, 10:26 PM   #8
ROSS

Race Count Last Year: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1 View Post
We have relatives in the Phoenix AZ area. They CURRENTLY have more restrictions in regards to attendance at events than does IN. I don’t think there has been a racing event run in So. California for months. While events out West are still 2 months away and the situation can change, I seriously doubt that USAC (and the teams) will travel West for less than the 5 shows on the schedule, and I just don’t see that happening. USAC MIGHT add another race or two in IN (or a surrounding state) after Oct. 3, but I think the USAC Sprint and Midget championships will conclude in the MidWest in October.
I live out here in Phoenix and went to a race last night (Central Arizona Speedway). The reason for no racing is the heat around this time of year. This weekend was a 2 day show and they had 36 sprints first night with Brody Roa taking the win. 2nd night around 30 cars with Zach Madrid taking the win. . It is worth mentioning this was a 360 show and not 410’s. Never the less a good car count and racing with fans in the stands.
Last edited by ROSS; 9/7/20 at 10:42 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > usac championships