IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > May 18th@LBurg KISS Sprints!!
5/12/13, 1:16 PM   #1
May 18th@LBurg KISS Sprints!!
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Racing to Feature: KISS Sprint Car Series/Lawrenceburg Chevrolet Sprints, Budweiser UMP Modifieds, & the Zimmer Tractor Hornets
Racing to Feature:
KISS Sprint Car Series/Lawrenceburg Chevrolet Sprints, Budweiser UMP Modifieds, & the Zimmer Tractor Hornets
Presented by: The City of Lawrenceburg: All City of Lawrenceburg Residents who present a valid drivers license to prove residency will receive FREE General Admission!
Times:
Pit Gate: 4:00pm
Front Gate: 5:00pm
Hot Laps: 6:00pm
Racing: 7:00pm
Pricing:
Adult: $20
Kids 7-12: $7
6 & Under: FREE
Pit Pass: $30 (all ages)
Back Stretch Parking: $10
Indiana State Law prohibits alcohol to be brought into the speedway because we are an on-site seller. Any individual parking a vehicle on the back stretch area must open trunk and/or doors for a staff member to inspect for any coolers or obvious objects which may contain outside alcoholic products. Lawrenceburg Speedway reserves the right to refuse back stretch access to any patron for any reason.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: racegal
5/12/13, 1:29 PM   #2
Re: May 18th@LBurg KISS Sprints!!
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quinn is getting his residence ID printed up as we speak.

2 members like this post: Dave Rudisell, Mud Packer
5/12/13, 8:01 PM   #3
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quinn was spotted today in town, hmmmmm what's he up too?

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
5/12/13, 10:38 PM   #4
Andrew S. Quinn

I was getting my new Fake Photo ID printed up in case you guys have a last minute HARF night,and I have to show ID to get my discount.If the ticket girls saw what my real address is,they would surely all want to come home with me,and Dave would need to hire new help on short notice!

5/13/13, 7:42 AM   #5
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

KISS Racers Invade “The 'Burg” on Saturday

May 12, 2013 – The 2013 King of Indiana Sprint Series has three races in the books and turns south toward the Lawrenceburg Speedway for their fourth stop this coming Saturday, May 18. As is typical of the KISS series, none of the main events have been won from the front row, each has been captured from further back in the pack, leading to racing that is going to be talked about for awhile.

With two wins already, at Bloomington and Gas City Speedways, and a 41-point lead, Brady Short is making it look like this season's King competition could be a stroll in the park. “But not so fast!” the other racers are saying. They know that the 2009 KISS champion can still be caught, and there is plenty of racing remaining at some very fast race tracks.

Dave Darland, the 2011 champion, sits second in the points and has been running consistently up front in the Phillips DRC. Kokomo Speedway's winner, Robert Ballou, is third, and just behind them in the points are five very tough and very hungry veterans, Hunter Schuerenberg, three-time USAC winner Kevin Thomas Jr., Shane Cottle, Casey Shuman and Jerry Coons Jr. From that perspective, the battle for this year's KISS title is just getting hot.

But the headline still has to be that Brady Short is hot right now. His two victories give him a total of five on his KISS resume and have advanced him to second in series wins, trailing only Jon Stanbrough. With seven KISS events in the last eight years, there hasn't been a repeat winner Lawrenceburg. Stanbrough, Short, Daron Clayton, Nic Faas, Brandon Petty, AJ Anderson, and last year Dave Darland, have scored wins on the fast oval, but no one has done it twice.

Lawrenceburg Speedway's front gate will open at 5:00 pm, the pits at 4:00, with hot laps beginning at 6:00 and racing at 7:00. Adult tickets are $20, tickets for kids 7 to 12 are just $7, and ages 6 and under are admitted free. Pit passes are $30. In addition to the KISS sprint cars series, the racing program includes UMP modifieds and hornets.

KISS Points: 1. Brady Short 520, 2. Dave Darland 479, 3. Robert Ballou 465, 4. Hunter Schuerenberg 312, 5. Kevin Thomas Jr. 430, 6. Shane Cottle 427, 7. Casey Shuman 405, 8. Jerry Coons Jr. 400, 9. Chris Gurley 351, 10. Chad Boespflug 344

2013 KISS SCHEDULE

May 3 Bloomington Speedway – Brady Short
May 5 Kokomo Speedway – Robert Ballou
May 10 Gas City I-69 Speedway – Brady Short
May 18 Lawrenceburg Speedway
May 26 Tri-State Speedway
June 1 Paragon Speedway
July 2 Terre Haute Action Track

KING OF INDIANA SPRINT SERIES
Public Relations Contact: Mike O’Leary
Phone: 812-400-0021
Email: lugnut86@comcast.net

Posted via Mobile Device

5 members like this post: dshort36, Great Scott, LUCKYONE, racegal, Stephen Cording
5/13/13, 6:38 PM   #6
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
I was getting my new Fake Photo ID printed up in case you guys have a last minute HARF night,and I have to show ID to get my discount.If the ticket girls saw what my real address is,they would surely all want to come home with me,and Dave would need to hire new help on short notice!
Alcatraz has been closed for years, where you living now?

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post:
5/13/13, 10:13 PM   #7
johnnythunderhead
Banned

fraid lota those top points men'll be runnin champ cars sat in indy/ i'm certain it'll be a great show either way though and i'm anxiously looking forward to it, the weather actiually looks good right now, so pour on the h2o and lets race!

Posted via Mobile Device

5/13/13, 10:44 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Which one of those top five has a pavement SC ride???? Coons does and as far as I know thats the only one of the top ten.

5/14/13, 5:55 AM   #9
johnnythunderhead
Banned

WELL THEN THAT IS GOOD NEWS FOR US IS IT NOT, DIDN'T REALIZE THOSE PAVEMENT RIDES WERE SO SCARCE (THOSE SILVER CROWN ASPHALT FINISHES ARE WHAT NAPCAR KEEPS CLOSE TABS ON) SEEMS LIKE MOST OF THE FORMER USACER'S IN NASCAR ARE ALL FORMER CHAMP CAR CHAMPS. NOW I'M REALLY LOOKIN FORWARD TO SAT NITE @ THE BURG, EVEN IF I DO HAVE TO CHOKE DOWN WEAK BAD TASTIN BEER.

Posted via Mobile Device

5/14/13, 4:27 PM   #10
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Right now Saturdays weather is looking good! Hope to see ya there.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: LUCKYONE, racegal
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > May 18th@LBurg KISS Sprints!!