IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi at DuQuoin
4/1/08, 12:07 AM   #21
Re: POWRi at DuQuoin
dking32

Stallard respectfully sponsored last weekends race for my family, and i know excactly what they gave. Kenny, respectfully is gonna advertise for them all year, they didnt ask for that. Maybe you should stop spending so much time on whos sponsoring who and a little more time on whos sponsoring you!

4/1/08, 12:23 AM   #22
speedy1

YUP there you go, i figured they didnt ask, kenny just is going to have them on the banner all last year and this year for nothing, NOPE he has them on there for all his new 600 cars that are coming from there for what ever price!! And the only reason why the purse paid better this past weekin is bc BBR paid for it all to get there son to race.
P.S. This has nothing to do with your family, i thought is was nice that it was named the Dean King Memor.

4/1/08, 12:46 AM   #23
dking32

Before we go on with nonsense. Kenny doesnt own a stallard. he runs factor1. It takes good sponsors to make a good series and Powri has got it going on. Kennys not cutting any corners on making his series work. Updated websites each week, tv commercials, news paper and radio ads. Powri is just in its 3rd year and its heading in the right direction.

4/1/08, 12:59 AM   #24
speedy1

What, is kenny and jim paying you for this!!!!!! OK, like i said before we like what they have done for openwheel in the midwest, and they have a very very good thing giong for them! They just have a lot of people talking about the pay out and point fund for the end of the year, and its NOT good things!!!!

4/1/08, 1:14 AM   #25
harms52

Okay speedy, obviously you have your facts mixed up and should check into things before shooting your mouth off. For one, the Browns have always and still have Factor One micros. If you have payed so much to attention to his equipment you would know this. Another thing is Kenny has a REALLY good job with Anheuser Busch to pay for his toys. Had you stopped by after the races and had beer with him to discuss your issues, you would have learned that (considering he usually has good cold Bud products). I am a sponsor and a competitor for the POWRi series. My products are given away at the awards banquet along with Bell, Spike, etc.. Assumptions are one thing, facts are another. I'm sure he does make money from the POWRi series. DUH, He's a promotor!! Nobody would pour all that work into it for nothing. Yes, year end points could pay better but like Derek stated they pay descent purses througout the year and ALWAYS send checks out within a week. As the micro car counts grew, so did the purses. I'm sure if you start seeing 50 midgets on a regular basis (wouldn't that be cool) then I'm sure the pay would improve for them too.

4/1/08, 1:23 AM   #26
dking32

Its obvious you dont pay much attention. 6 of the 7 wins were 1000 to win and the other was 750. it pays a grand to win the championship. now we are up too 7750. i think we may have had 10 tops 5s most of which was 2nds and 3rds. they pay over 300. so whats that $10750. so i guess your right came up a little short...... oh yea the only other thousand to win show, was won by Austin Laskey, in my car. thats 11750.

4/1/08, 1:36 AM   #27
speedy1

Ok Ok Ok your right i am wrong its a factor one, I am SO sorry! And the purse did not get better when he started to get like 30 to 40 more 600's, the only thing that went up was first place. Look, I didnt realy mean to start a scuffle on this site, just voicing the opions of a lot of racers/owners!!!

4/1/08, 1:48 AM   #28
dking32

Aggreed. one opinion to another. thats the beauty of racing.

4/1/08, 2:10 PM   #29
dirtracin28

I do agree that the only part of the purse that has gone up is to the winner. Also, no one I think disagrees that for the hard work and effort Kenny and Jim should get a kick back for their effort. Powri has a lot of races that are real close in the midwest area. But my question is this with all the new companies that have come on board this year where is that money going? Is it going to the commercial online that we see on the website. I believe the racers should be the first people that get any return on new money coming into the series because they travel and make the show. Word of mouth does a lot more for people coming to the races than anything else. Also, the AB paycheck is not supporting that racing program. JMO

4/1/08, 2:48 PM   #30
DonMoore10

The midget community wants to have their cake and eat it too. You can't have it both ways guys :crying:. How stupid do you think every midget promoter is in the United States? Really!! As long as 300 midgets showup at the Oklahoma sweat shop and run for a penny purse :thumbsdown:, you guys are wasting ur time dreaming about better payouts, plain and simple.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi at DuQuoin