Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > spreadsheet
11/21/13, 6:23 PM   #11
Re: spreadsheet
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldoraMark View Post
Old Harvey did not need a spreadsheet for Jimmy Wilson
Stagger, hadn't been invented yet and they bought their shocks at the Western Auto Store. They only had one set of T-bars and they just screwed them in or out until they got what they wanted. He also had a one off chassis so no set up sheet was available. Those were much simpler days then. But the drivers were drivers. On dirt they adjusted stagger with their right foot.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 11/21/13 at 6:30 PM.

11/21/13, 8:20 PM   #12
suzuki756

Work on it and make it a app everyone uses smart phones I do it but have no time I bet it would sell

11/21/13, 8:47 PM   #13
diana

how about corner weight calculator , max. rpm, temp. tire size,pressure , gearing, shocks, blocking ,caster/camber,torsion bars, toe , crossweight , oil air filter change , ride height, blocking. qualify-heat-feature start -finish positions, track, wheel spacing etc. Let's make it do it's job. If you don't include somthing it wont be recorded for future planning

11/21/13, 9:33 PM   #14
Hotshoe65s

Here is what I have so far. Four spreadsheets. One for scaling the car, hot laps and qualifying, heats and semi, and the feature.

Scales.JPG

Hot Laps.JPG

Heats.JPG

11/21/13, 10:18 PM   #15
fasster23

On my phone the attachments come up to small so it's to blurry to read when zoomed in but I applaud the effort.

12/8/13, 1:05 AM   #16
diana

Not exactly what I had in mind. I want working formulas and the ability to tab to my inputs
Thanks

12/8/13, 3:49 AM   #17
fasster23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasster23 View Post
I assume you've already found the PDFs you can print off and you're looking for a template to download? I'd be into something like that as well.
Revised printable version they've posted on their site.
Last edited by fasster23; 12/15/15 at 11:48 PM.

12/8/13, 3:52 AM   #18
fasster23

Page 2
Last edited by fasster23; 12/15/15 at 11:48 PM.

12/8/13, 9:39 AM   #19
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Diana, if you want something that would calculate the corner weights when you crank a jack screw in or out, you're talking about something that would get pretty sophisticated. Your results would vary based on the bar diameters, offsets, what you particular chassis stiffness is and a ton of other variables. Unless you builder dynos the chassis before it goes out the door, you aren't gonna have the stiffness data (usually expressed in lbs/one degree of deflection, I think), and it'll doubtless change as the chassis gets run in, fatigues, and gets, um, "rearranged". And that's just for one part of the spreadsheet!
I'll bet the Indycar guys have software like that, but they also have data-logging sensors on every possible pickup point in the car and a DAG (Data Acquisition Guy) to interpret it all...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 12/8/13 at 9:43 AM.

12/8/13, 11:15 AM   #20
Dmsr

Go to this link and download the excel file. http://thqma.com/Tech%20page.html
This is on the terre Haute Quarter Midget web page www.thqma.com under documents. You have the ability to put in all your weights and it will calculate your percentages. With it being in excel you have the ability to modify easily some of the measurements you may want to record.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > spreadsheet