IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New king of indiana tq midget sreies
12/16/11, 4:25 PM   #1
New king of indiana tq midget series
goodoleboy24

The king of indiana t.q. Midget series opening night will be on april, 7th at brownstown speedway in brownstown indiana. I know everyone is saying this is not good for t.q racing, but this series is going to work with the m.t.q.r.l. And greg staab and try to get races before there season starts and have our other races on nights the mtqrl is off. We have a lot of things working right now we have four dates at the speedway in charlestown, in. Most races will pay $500 to win, and $90 to start. There will be a guarented point fund that the winner will recieve $500.00. There will be no league fees there will be a $5.00 dollar entry fee at each race to help pay for the pit steward.

There will be more details later, interested to here some feedback.

Thanks

terry eaglin
812-871-7728

call with any questions
Last edited by goodoleboy24; 12/16/11 at 4:39 PM.

12/16/11, 4:42 PM   #2
Re: New king of indiana tq midget sreies
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Hope it works well.

Would love to see something like King series for the full up midgets.

12/16/11, 6:43 PM   #3
Re: New king of indiana tq midget series
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodoleboy24 View Post
The king of indiana t.q. Midget series opening night will be on april, 7th at brownstown speedway in brownstown indiana. I know everyone is saying this is not good for t.q racing, but this series is going to work with the m.t.q.r.l. And greg staab and try to get races before there season starts and have our other races on nights the mtqrl is off. We have a lot of things working right now we have four dates at the speedway in charlestown, in. Most races will pay $500 to win, and $90 to start. There will be a guarented point fund that the winner will recieve $500.00. There will be no league fees there will be a $5.00 dollar entry fee at each race to help pay for the pit steward.

Thanks

terry eaglin
812-871-7728

call with any questions
Like to give out some thanks to Terry and his crew, this should be the start of something good, lets "giterdun"! Bob!

12/16/11, 6:55 PM   #4
smith19

like i've said before, if terry is running this you will get paid...

12/16/11, 8:31 PM   #5
Re: New king of indiana tq midget series
racerdog45

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodoleboy24 View Post

Thanks

terry eaglin
812-871-7728

call with any questions
so you're going to run a King of Indiana TQ series BUT you're only going to work with one club and, only run on their open dates....sounds to me more like MTQRL part 2... the ONLY way this is a true "King" of deal is if you work with BOTH clubs and have officals who are not part of either series.... sorry but you can't have a true King of Indiana TQ series without the Goffs and the other UMRA teams.....

12/16/11, 9:07 PM   #6
speidel21

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith19 View Post
like i've said before, if terry is running this you will get paid...
I agree. Terry runs good shows and by far pays the best money in tq racing. I think all tq series can get good car counts but it all comes down to scheduling. I believe Terrys last tq race of the year, mtqrl's, and umra's all had over 20 cars each (none conflicted with each other) Most tq racers stick to one series but there are a few that race wherever whenever and that adds car count when schedules dont conflict. i think i ran all of Terry's shows this year (none conflicted with umra or mtqrl) to run as much as possible and goffs werent at any of them, i'm sure they would welcome them there to race if they would like to.

and thats looking at it strictly from a racer standpoint. we run any race whenever there is a tq race running that night,usually which ever is closest as long as its dirt. ended up running about the same amount of races in all three series this year. i've heard from several people that all three series are working together to not schedule against each other
Last edited by speidel21; 12/16/11 at 9:19 PM.

1 member likes this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan
12/17/11, 12:26 AM   #7
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

wonder which series will be the most rookie friendly?

12/17/11, 9:52 PM   #8
tim kelley

Hello, As Promoter of Charlestown Motor Speedway and former TQ midget owner and driver, I am very excited to be apart of what I believe to be an exciting year for TQ's midgets in the Hoosier area. With The King of Indiana Midget Series and my background in the TQ midgets I feel this is a giant step foward for Owners, Drivers, and fans of Three Quarter Midget Racing Nationally. I will be a 100% supporter of this series. Thanks for putting this together. Tim Kelley

2 members like this post: JR#88Fan, TQ29m
12/18/11, 5:09 PM   #9
TQ29m

Tim, Terry, I don't think you'll have any trouble getting cars, from what I'm hearing, it's what folks have been looking for, some communication to the owners and drivers, early enough to get things done, now that we know when the first race will be, and where, we can start making plans, and get ready during this down time. Wishing you good luck, in your venture. Bob!

12/19/11, 3:01 PM   #10
cfr

Can't wait until April 7th! We ran Terry's event at Brownstown this past year and had a great time. If this King series, MTQRL, and UMRA all work together to avoid schedule conflicts, I think they can all get decent car counts. We ran with all three last season. Thanks Terry for trying to help TQ racing.

Thanks,
Ray & Caleb Faulkner #83

1 member likes this post: TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New king of indiana tq midget sreies