IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT: 16 ARCA Cars entered for Springfield
8/21/21, 5:29 PM   #21
Re: OT: 16 ARCA Cars entered for Springfield
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeCroxton View Post
ARCA Midwest Tour is the closest to the old ASA. Gregg McKarns does a great job with that deal - you might recognize him as the new guy at Angell Park...

The CRA guys are pretty solid also...similar body style and mentality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
What about the ARCA Midwest Tour or CRA Super Series Late Models
Both are good, and I wish they got the attention the old ASA series got with a TV deal in the 90’s. TNN and SPEED were wonderful, but I think streaming services have diminished the importance of TV deals.

I’m not sure how the cars would adapt to running on the dirt miles. It would be interesting to try, especially as an ARCA/CRA co-sanctioned event. They already have a couple shared events (Flyover States 150, All-American 400).

1 member likes this post: jdull99
8/22/21, 2:26 AM   #22
Re: OT: 16 ARCA Cars entered for Springfield
SoIllSprinter

Big block modifies would be great, alas, they are a northeastern type of car and I doubt many would tow west.

1 member likes this post: racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT: 16 ARCA Cars entered for Springfield