IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 2015
10/6/14, 2:36 AM   #181
cleatziff

Old timer, it was my fault it got hijacked. Sorry. I had a question about something I had read with in the thread and the focus totally shifted to that. However, I did get my question answered and did learn some things.

10/6/14, 7:32 AM   #182
Panama

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Hopefully the folks at Bloomington will make an announcement very soon

Honest Dad himself
DAD, what announcement are you hoping for?

This class "is" running next season.
I personally know of 4 cars in the building process, and two people that have already purchased sealed built Racesaver engines from Texas.

The track is currently working on a purse structure and it will run 305's weekly.

Those that are serious about this class should call the track office at 812-824-7400 if no answer leave name and number and Kris Kirchner will call you back asap.

2 members like this post: buck2, Josh Kinser
10/6/14, 9:06 AM   #183
Josh Kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids View Post
Sure. I'm curious though, how much a motor for someone like Brady Short, Jon Stanbrough or Dave Darland costs? Cause those are the guys you're gonna have to beat. What I'm saying is there isn't much difference between 1000cc motors, and they all cost about the same. There must be some difference in a big time motor, rather an every Friday or Saturday night motor for 7k.
Darland, Stanbrough, and Short run up front because they are good, not because of more power, they could do the same with a 7k engine. Ive seen Darland and Christopher Bell both run up front last year, in a car that had an engine in it close to that price.
Last edited by Josh Kinser; 10/6/14 at 10:01 AM.

10/6/14, 9:18 AM   #184
bobbyg45

We looked into the 305 and have decided. We are going to see where the class goes in 2015.im not going to build a motor that could end up sitting in the corner of the shop. Jmo

10/6/14, 9:50 AM   #185
Re: Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 201
Bill May

Dad, the 25k hits came about 3 hr's earlier than you predicted, I believe there really is some interest, this board needs something like this occasionally, to pique viewers attention/passion on sprint car racing.

Bill May

2 members like this post: DAD, Josh Kinser
10/6/14, 10:06 AM   #186
DAD

Bill

Is it time to start talking Mini Sprints again?

This stuff looks more like ******** every day half are for it and half are against it or are the nays just more vocal and organized. It sounds like a good deal but Sandy is right also (It must be within reason) if it is to work.

We ran at little Salem as the top class of their program, that was neat with lots of peaks. Everyplace else we have ever raced has always been as a support class, and as a support class one needs to know their place in the scheme of things.

I don't see two support classes being dropped but one is probably going to have to go.

I will believe it when it is in a printed document from the race track.

PS. In the poll I appear to be in the loyal minority, and their is nothing "communistic" about me, just good business practice and knowledge of what it will take to get to the race track and back home again.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 10/6/14 at 10:13 AM.

10/6/14, 10:54 AM   #187
oldfan49

those interested may want to check out the classified from the Missouri area. quite a few winged 305s gathering dust around there

10/6/14, 11:40 AM   #188
Bill May

Oldfan, Not sure of the point to your post ? regardless, there is a huge market across the country for these cars & parts, Interested racers should shop around, there's some very good deals out there. I have found that people buy these cars because they want to race, they decide to sell for a multitude of reasons.

Bill May

10/6/14, 1:40 PM   #189
oldfan49

my point was they were down to one track running them and that track is no more. I posted to give people out there interested a source and those back here a way to unload cars they have in storage because of it.

10/6/14, 2:09 PM   #190
KKinser99

Oldfan49, Were the 305's in missouri Racesaver? What track?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington speedway to run 305 racesaver sprints in 2015