IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A letter from tony stewart
4/7/10, 8:36 PM   #11
Re: A letter from tony stewart
SteveD

The above post is from 2007, in case you missed the date, and we will be returning to the "Big E" only if Bloomington, Gas City, Haubstadt, Lawranceburg, Kokomo, Putnamville, Paragon, Vernon, Terre Haute, Brownstown or any other local track THAT GIVES A DAMN is not running heads up against them. I'll be "over it" when I damn well please. Remember, we all vote with our dollars so reward those that provide the best product. Have a great, and safe, summer of racing. Steve & Christie Bloomington
Last edited by SteveD; 4/7/10 at 9:12 PM.

4/7/10, 9:51 PM   #12
Onlydirt

Tony didnt even write that...he paid someone to write it. Pay someone who knows how to prep a track and fire the bums that are running Big E to the ground! Or build more suites and pave the damn thing, its no use to me like it is.

7 members like this post: buck2, Cale88, duel, Jimmydiesel, mowerman, SteveD, SUPERDUKE
4/7/10, 10:07 PM   #13
LittleRube

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE View Post
Thanks for the apology but that doesnt give me my 4 hours there and 4 hours back, gas money, and most of all a blown Easter weekend
Just drank 4 hours with sweeney tonight. Can I get that time back?
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Kevracer58
4/7/10, 10:49 PM   #14
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

That's longer then he was at Eldusta Friday

4/7/10, 11:47 PM   #15
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRube View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Rube,

You can't ask for time back. You should know that by know. Besides, the stories alone had to be worth a bunch. Priceless I would say.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: Kevracer58
4/8/10, 12:03 AM   #16
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRube View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
sounds like your having a GOOD TIME way would you want it back

4/8/10, 12:29 AM   #17
Jerry Spencer

Anybody that was at Eldora has a reason to be pissed. Bottom line Tony did not wake up Friday morning thinking how can I make tonight a waste for everybody walking thru the gate. Tony has given his word to make things better, I believe him.

This is off topic but I remember a few years ago asking Tony at Kokomo if my nephew Brad could get a picture with him, Tony dropped what he was doing and took the time to make Brad feel like his best friend, this may not sound like much but Brad had just had a foot removed, born with spina bifida Brad Has not had anything easy but to this day he still talks about the few min. he had with his hero.

I think we need to give him a break and give him a chance to make good on his word after all he has done more good than bad.

J.M.O.

Jerry Spencer #66j

4/8/10, 8:20 AM   #18
Seadog

If you're like me and tend to also enjoy pavement racing - sprints, midgets, supermodifieds and Silver Crown, the the track prep concern is almost nonexistent.

IMO, dirt is good, but pavement is a little better.

2 members like this post: IndyBound, Kevracer58
4/8/10, 8:34 AM   #19
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevracer58 View Post
i can understand the frustration of the fans that were there, but tony's apology seems real. For the folks who still seem upset, i ask - what else could he have done?
he needs to hire someone that can do this right!!!!!!!!!!!! And fire larry & larry!

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry spencer View Post
anybody that was at eldora has a reason to be pissed. Bottom line tony did not wake up friday morning thinking how can i make tonight a waste for everybody walking thru the gate. Tony has given his word to make things better, i believe him.

This is off topic but i remember a few years ago asking tony at kokomo if my nephew brad could get a picture with him, tony dropped what he was doing and took the time to make brad feel like his best friend, this may not sound like much but brad had just had a foot removed, born with spina bifida brad has not had anything easy but to this day he still talks about the few min. He had with his hero.

I think we need to give him a break and give him a chance to make good on his word after all he has done more good than bad.

J.m.o.

Jerry spencer #66j
tony is a good guy! But he needs change in personal at the track!

1 member likes this post: buck2
4/8/10, 9:00 AM   #20
mikew

I am glad Tony has responded with the open letter on Eldora's website, but there is a problem with Eldora's response. As compensation for their lack of track prep, we have been offered the opportunity to use our stub as a cash value raincheck good for any event this season. But that does not compensate those of us who have decided they will not be going back to Eldora this year.

They blew a marvelous opportunity. With all the continuing improvements to the facility and the really big crowd on hand for a USAC show, we were treated to a farm implement parade.

It's really too bad. But until they prove on a consistent basis that they can prep a track for a USAC show, I will spend my money elsewhere.

1 member likes this post: SteveD
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A letter from tony stewart