IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > I Watched the Most Amazing Program and Never Knew About It!
10/30/21, 11:41 AM   #1
I Watched the Most Amazing Program and Never Knew About It!
chrismattlin

It's rare these days that I'm able to stay up late to watch any west coast racing, but last night was different.

I was aware from a cursory peek earlier in the week that the NARC King of the West series was having a race at Hanford, so I decided that that would be a nice thing to have on the tube with my beers and the World Series in the background. I've watched most of the KWS features this year, mostly the next day, since the series is so high-quality and competitive; being a midwesterner, I like to call them the "All-Stars of the West".

Not long in to my viewing, I also realized that the USAC Western States Midgets were on the card as a support class. "Nice!" I told my friend who was visiting, "If this show were within driving distance, it would've been a 'can't miss' event.". He agreed and we joyfully continued along until the announcer casually dropped a bomb before the KWS Dash: "I can't wait until these guys shed the wings later tonight.".

[record skip] "Wait. What?!". Suddenly, I'm pecking away at my computer's keyboard trying to find any information to confirm what I'd just heard. And then there it was- yep, NARC was gonna run a non-winged race for $3,000 to win at the conclusion of their regular program. OMG! At that point, I was in for the late night, long haul.

Shane Golobic got by Sean Becker for the KWS win on a hammer-down surface, and Michael Faccinto won a fine midget race over Frankie Guerrini while Blake Bower took the season's championship in a winless campaign. Now the real intrigue was upon me, "Who exactly is going to shed those napkin holders?".

Turns out there were 7 brave warriors (and willing car owners) who made the call and, unsurprisingly, "Sunshine" Tyler Courtney showed them how it was done and quickly, but carefully navigating his Beef Packers mount, led the way to the checkered flag.

What an amazing way to honor Anthony Simone with such an amazing program that I didn't know about! *These* are the things that get me excited these days, so, many kudos to the promoter and everyone who made that event happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWM-0mCc8aw

10/30/21, 7:59 PM   #2
dsc1600

Was a great field last night. I wish the track would have been better but they had a lot of rain. The winged portion paid $10k to win and I had no idea it was even happening until I saw it on Flo.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, tirespinner
10/30/21, 9:32 PM   #3
Re: I Watched the Most Amazing Program and Never Knew About
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismattlin View Post
It's rare these days that I'm able to stay up late to watch any west coast racing, but last night was different.

I was aware from a cursory peek earlier in the week that the NARC King of the West series was having a race at Hanford, so I decided that that would be a nice thing to have on the tube with my beers and the World Series in the background. I've watched most of the KWS features this year, mostly the next day, since the series is so high-quality and competitive; being a midwesterner, I like to call them the "All-Stars of the West".

Not long in to my viewing, I also realized that the USAC Western States Midgets were on the card as a support class. "Nice!" I told my friend who was visiting, "If this show were within driving distance, it would've been a 'can't miss' event.". He agreed and we joyfully continued along until the announcer casually dropped a bomb before the KWS Dash: "I can't wait until these guys shed the wings later tonight.".

[record skip] "Wait. What?!". Suddenly, I'm pecking away at my computer's keyboard trying to find any information to confirm what I'd just heard. And then there it was- yep, NARC was gonna run a non-winged race for $3,000 to win at the conclusion of their regular program. OMG! At that point, I was in for the late night, long haul.

Shane Golobic got by Sean Becker for the KWS win on a hammer-down surface, and Michael Faccinto won a fine midget race over Frankie Guerrini while Blake Bower took the season's championship in a winless campaign. Now the real intrigue was upon me, "Who exactly is going to shed those napkin holders?".

Turns out there were 7 brave warriors (and willing car owners) who made the call and, unsurprisingly, "Sunshine" Tyler Courtney showed them how it was done and quickly, but carefully navigating his Beef Packers mount, led the way to the checkered flag.

What an amazing way to honor Anthony Simone with such an amazing program that I didn't know about! *These* are the things that get me excited these days, so, many kudos to the promoter and everyone who made that event happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWM-0mCc8aw
Thanks for reminding me, I was gonna watch but forgot... too many distractions! I'm gonna watch tonite

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
10/31/21, 12:21 AM   #4
Re: I Watched the Most Amazing Program and Never Knew About
revjimk

So the support class tonite was "sport compacts"....
But thanks for the video.... good to see Sunshine back to winning in a wingless car
Flo had the Midget replay too

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > I Watched the Most Amazing Program and Never Knew About It!