IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mscs sprint cars ucs thurs. July 3rd
6/29/08, 9:00 AM   #1
Mscs sprint cars ucs thurs. July 3rd
racinman

The MSCS Sprint Cars will be at UNION COUNTY SPEEDWAY ( Liberty, Indiana)this thursday night July 3rd... $2000 to win, plus UMP MODS $1000 to win...
pits open 4pm, hot laps 7:30 racing 8:15
admissions adults grandstands $15 , kids 11-15-$5 12 and under free, pits $30.
Come see the Non Wing Sprints for the first time this year at UCS....
www.unioncountyspeedway.com:checkered:

6/29/08, 9:18 AM   #2
Re: Mscs sprint cars ucs thurs. July 3rd
Great Scott

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 63

Any ideas on car count? I am planning to make the trip from Bloomington?

6/29/08, 12:20 PM   #3
Wolfe-e

The WolfPack Challenge will be running with the MSCS on July 3rd at UC.. We opened our season at Gas City with a USAC/WolfPack show and now we get to race with another Great Series the MSCS... Car counts for the our shows last year averaged 34...... Better so far this year but Gas ain;t getten cheaper for anyone... In our Very First race at Union County, Josh Ferguson came out of nowhere to take them 3 wide at the checkers..... Daryl Herbert took that first Win and went on to Win the Championship over Elvin Hershberger, Ray Humphrey and Lee Hobbs.... 42 Cars in that first race, "actually 44 but 2 were not UMP legal and could not race"...... Chris Nunn helped call our first race from an open air platform where the old race tower had been...... Not that I remember details,,,,,ha
My real point to all this rattle is that Union County is a Great Race Track and Now it has a Promoter who Can bring Great Races to it.... We look Forward to Union County........ wanna race..........Wolfe-e

6/29/08, 12:42 PM   #4
Dwight Clock

I've looked forward to this race since it was first announced and found out that conditions had improved greatly at Union County. See y'all Thursday!

6/29/08, 12:57 PM   #5
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Clock View Post
I've looked forward to this race since it was first announced and found out that conditions had improved greatly at Union County. See y'all Thursday!
Dwight,

I went down to Union County a few weeks ago for a regular show. The grandstands are great but the racing surface still left much to be desired. It will be interesting to see what type of preparation they have and if it will hold up. The night we were there is was dusty even before the heats. Also the lighting on the back stretch I thought was poor at best. They may have that fixed by now though.

I would also plan on getting there early as parking maybe a problem. The parking lot is rather antiquated. It will also be interesting to see how many race cars show. With it being an off night for about everyone else, I would figure it would be pretty good. If their schedule is correct they are only running one support class,:applaud: that being the modifieds.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/29/08, 1:01 PM   #6
ThrottleHead

The MSCS folks are all a bunch of nice, hard-working, enjoyable folks. The whole organization is class from top to bottom. Please.... support them every chance you get!

6/29/08, 6:31 PM   #7
Tony Barhorst

Mudpacker,

In regard to the parking at UCS, there are more acres around the back stretch side of the track that you may not have noticed. For the Midget Week date on August 7, I plan on having parking lot attendants directing the flow.

There is no need to "arrive early" if you can't do so. But as far as Aug. 7 , Bob Jenkins will be meeting fans for and hour or so starting around 6 p.m.

Stockcars like a slicked off track, so what you saw last month is not a good example either.

6/29/08, 6:34 PM   #8
Kirk Spridgeon

How about lighting concerns, Tony?

6/29/08, 6:47 PM   #9
Tony Barhorst

UCS had put up the two huge light towers earlier. Last week I noticed that there is a portable generator light inside shining out to fill in the backstretch.

6/29/08, 7:56 PM   #10
SPD 37

How many sprint cars you think will show up at Union County 7-3-08 a week before sprint week begins?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mscs sprint cars ucs thurs. July 3rd