IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Do updates keep you away?
5/23/14, 4:25 PM   #21
Re: Do updates keep you away?
Jerry Shaw

Just don't put up posts prior to a race saying you're going to be there doing updates. That's what probably makes tracks more nervous than the actual updates you're doing and you do great updates. Just show up and do them. They'll be just as appreciated and you won't have drawn as much attention to yourself.

Myself, I use your updates as much, if not more, when I'm at that race than when I'm at home. It's like having a live, digital version of those programs they use to hand out.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 5/23/14 at 4:28 PM.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, cwfan08
5/23/14, 4:29 PM   #22
jcjohnston

We're in Texas, so we can't make every race, we do follow Indiana Sprints and Midgets on the net. We plan our summer vacation around Midget Week and Sprint Week. We'll get to Bloomington at least a couple times this year. We've had a great time every year and look forward to our trips. The track employees, drivers, crews and fans in Indiana are the best. We appreciate the camping at the tracks and enjoy meeting such knowledgeable and dedicated race fans. Ate a lot of ice cream at Bloomington last year. Chili Bowl in January; Indiana in June and July. What a life.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, K9Racer
5/23/14, 4:38 PM   #23
cecil98

Absolutely NOT!!

5/23/14, 5:11 PM   #24
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

No! If they are near I am there! If I lived in Indiana I would be there updates or not!

5/23/14, 5:21 PM   #25
bojo20

Am a BIG non wing sprint fan but also 2000 miles away Get back to Ind. twice a year- always for Sprint week. Get to tracks out here often but love to get updates of whats happening back there. A BIG thanks to all who do any updates===========joe bochenek mesa Az.

1 member likes this post: racegal
5/23/14, 5:55 PM   #26
Joey Woods

I check the live updates when I'm at the track more so than when I'm not. You get the line ups, who is in what car etc... Compare it to taking the old handheld TV's to Indy or headsets at the NASCAR races. If I'm in attendance I want all the info I can get my hands on.

5/23/14, 5:58 PM   #27
ByronMack

No, it's actually kind of nice being able to keep track of what's going on at other tracks while watching racing at my local track.

5/23/14, 6:26 PM   #28
Morin Racing 98

Race Count Last Year: 27

Since I have had to be a spectator more than I wanted to be over the past 2 seasons (car trouble), I like the updates when I am at the track because normally I can't hear or remember the finishing order to previous races...so its kinda like having a Sprint fanvision at a NASCAR race. Helps me keep track of everything going on...and now matter how big of a fan you are, you can only be at one track at a time so you can always find out what else is going on at other tracks.

5/23/14, 6:43 PM   #29
Sprint63122

All of the updates are greatly appreciated, live over in central IL and being extra busy at work now can not make as many show as I would like right now. Was over Wednesday for terre haute and will be back over sunday at Haubstadt and will be checking updates for kokomo since it is impossible to be at two tracks at the same time. My yearly gas bill is outrageous but I spend it anyway to support the non wing racing deal along with a couple drivers I help out also. The people I have met and work with over there makes it all worth it along with everything Jackslash and Mills does to provide us with the great video highlights and interviews every weekend.

5/23/14, 7:03 PM   #30
SprintManDave

Not at all. The only thing that keeps me away are health issues.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Do updates keep you away?