IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Week - Sprint Week - Belleville races in-between?
6/10/13, 8:24 PM   #1
Midget Week - Sprint Week - Belleville races in-between?
jcjohnston

Bev and I leave Dallas Tuesday morning for Gas City, we'll do midget week, then work our way to Pennsylvania for PA Speedweek, then up to the Northeast states to get Maine, NH, Vermont, MA, etc. off our bucket list, then back to Indiana for Sprint week, then over to Northern Kansas for Belleville High Banks midgets and silver crown. Tent camping & truck stop showers.

.Bev retired from nursing last year and the first thing on her bucket list was Indiana Sprint Week. We had such a good time we're doing it again. Met wonderful people everywhere we went. The people who work at track at Lincoln Park in Putnamville made us feel special.

We hope to meet some fans who enjoy the dirt racing as much as we do. After 20 years of seeing drivers & crews at the Chili Bowl, it will be great to see them at their home tracks. If you see us, say hi! We'll be in a White VW Passat TDI with Texas plates.

If anyone has recommendations for tracks in between, please suggest. Looking to fill the open dates in between the following:
June 12-16 Indiana Midget Week
June 28 - July 7, PA Speedweek
July 12 - 21 Indiana Sprint Week
July 30 - August 3 Belliott KS & Belleville, KS
Was hoping to see the supers run at Oswego but that may not work out this trip.

Attached is a picture of Bev with a driver who's hands are always dirty. Anybody want to guess what year?
Attached Images
T-Mez.jpg (57.9 KB, 87 views)

6/10/13, 8:49 PM   #2
PAW

June 21 USAC at Terre Haute,All Stars at Eldora next night.

Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: KENDALLRACING
6/10/13, 9:47 PM   #3
Re: Midget Week - Sprint Week - Belleville races in-between?
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

MSCS is at Lincoln Park Speedway in Putnamville on June 22. That is 30 miles or so from Terre Haute. June 23 is a POWRi/USAC/Badger midget and Micro show at Angell Park. MOWA winged sprints at Jacksonville July 26, Macon July 27 and Danville July 28. Also, USAC Silver Crown and midgets at Lucas Oil Raceway (the one west of Indy) July 27 and the Bob Darland Memorial at Kokomo July 28. This is in addition to regular Friday nights at Gas City and Bloomington, Saturdays at Lawrenceburg, Lincoln Park and Paragon, and some Sundays (check their web site) at Kokomo. I'll check and see if I come up with anything else. Hope this helps.

1 member likes this post: KENDALLRACING
6/11/13, 6:46 AM   #4
jcjohnston

PAW, dirtnonwingfan,
Thanks for the suggestions. Big help. Angel Park has always been on our list to make it to. I missed the Terre Haute weekend also. See you at the races.
Jim Johnston

6/11/13, 8:22 AM   #5
racen857

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 20

Something I always find fun is to when traveling is use the GPS and seach racetracks to see what is around. The hard thing is convincing my traveling friends to stop at the tracks though.

June 21st Hoosier Tire Winchester/Hagerstown Shootout/Law Enforcement Appreciation Night
35 Laps Late Models (open Hoosier Compound) plus RUSH Crate LM 30 laps. ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS/DENTENTION OFFICERS FREE ADMISSION
http://www.hagerstownspeedway.com/schedule.htm

Not sure if you are a Dirt late model fan or not, but this will be great race. Might make the trip down myself.

June 21 410 Sprints/358 Sprints Championship Race
GA $14 Y $8
June 22 Super Sportsman/358 Late Models/Street Stocks
GA $5
http://www.williamsgrove.com/schedule.htm

Sat June 22 Food Pantry/Camera & Autograph Night – 410 sprints, late models, Twin 12s for pro stocks, FNB of Mifflintown Kids Money Scramble 7 pm A $15, S $5, P $25
http://portroyalspeedway.com/index.php/schedule/
Last edited by racen857; 6/11/13 at 8:31 AM.

6/11/13, 1:12 PM   #6
Stealth87

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjohnston View Post
PAW, dirtnonwingfan,
Thanks for the suggestions. Big help. Angel Park has always been on our list to make it to. I missed the Terre Haute weekend also. See you at the races.
Jim Johnston
It's a little bit of a haul, but if you do end up coming up to Angell Park for that show, let me know. Would be more than happy to show you around

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Week - Sprint Week - Belleville races in-between?