IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Badlands Speedway Gold Cup ?
8/21/16, 9:17 AM   #81
motorhead748

[QUOTE=Backitin;455831]I don't think a car count can shame one type of racing or not.
The shame comes when the actual racing starts and the real sprintcars put on a show worlds better then the winged cars. Happens 99% of the time.[/QUOTE im not a fender guy but I've seen some entry level classes put on a great race, any of it can be good

1 member likes this post: Owen
8/21/16, 9:59 AM   #82
Sandy Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
And this is a very top heavy purse that was only raised to $10K to win (with the rest of the field staying the same) when they realized the event wasn't gonna be as big as hoped.
Last nights nonwing purse was originally scheduled to pay $4,000 to win & $300 to start. 7th place was to pay $1,000 & it was to drop from there down to $300 for 24th.

The promoter increased the winners share by $6,000 and 8th thru 24th by $7,600 (a total of $13,600).

All of this is posted on the tracks website.

8/21/16, 10:06 AM   #83
Re: Badlands Speedway Gold Cup ?
Backitin

Dudes please chill abit about seeing good races in all types of racing. I've stated before that the best race I probley ever seen was a lawnmower race.
I was comparing nonwing vs winged cars. Yes I know theres been good wing races but even my 8 year old granddaughter knows that a traditional sprint on a good track will put on twice the show as a winged car, INLESS your in it for top speed and going as straight as possible.
As for never seeing a bad race, you aint been where I been I guess because I've seen plenty of them.
Fender cars huh, apples and oranges. I prefer not to watch slow, or fast for that matter cars lean on each other the whole race with usually no consequences. To each there own.

8/21/16, 10:31 AM   #84
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
Dudes please chill abit about seeing good races in all types of racing. I've stated before that the best race I probley ever seen was a lawnmower race.
I was comparing nonwing vs winged cars. Yes I know theres been good wing races but even my 8 year old granddaughter knows that a traditional sprint on a good track will put on twice the show as a winged car, INLESS your in it for top speed and going as straight as possible.
As for never seeing a bad race, you aint been where I been I guess because I've seen plenty of them.
Fender cars huh, apples and oranges. I prefer not to watch slow, or fast for that matter cars lean on each other the whole race with usually no consequences. To each there own.
I agree that NW on a good track and I'll add with some top talent can be a heck of a race. I'm guessing your 8 yo granddaughter realizes that type of track doesn't happen every week either with only a few exceptions.

8/21/16, 11:19 AM   #85
sapper211

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
I agree that NW on a good track and I'll add with some top talent can be a heck of a race. I'm guessing your 8 yo granddaughter realizes that type of track doesn't happen every week either with only a few exceptions.
As usual, if it ain't K-ville with a wing, you downplay it at best or insult it at worst (typical of the hosehead crowd). I'm guessing you don't go to Badlands enough. When you try to make a point, invalid or not, you should investigate a little on your own, instead of relying on other haters on that other forum for the information you parrot.

Fantastic racing all over the track last night. It was my first NW race, and I'm hooked.

8/21/16, 11:53 AM   #86
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Wth?

t isn't even wing vs non. Its about a big wing race in wing area.

Like I said the kings royal, open knox nationals chili bowl etc. WERE ALL NON SANCTION FOR YEARS. Imagine if the kinsers wolfgangs, swindells, allens ferkles etc. Were not allowed to run them those races first several years?

chances are none of those races would exist today.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 8/21/16 at 12:15 PM.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, Kpederson91, trackprep
8/21/16, 11:55 AM   #87
NOSTINKINWINGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper211 View Post
As usual, if it ain't K-ville with a wing, you downplay it at best or insult it at worst (typical of the hosehead crowd). I'm guessing you don't go to Badlands enough. When you try to make a point, invalid or not, you should investigate a little on your own, instead of relying on other haters on that other forum for the information you parrot.

Fantastic racing all over the track last night. It was my first NW race, and I'm hooked.
Grab a handfull of Nitro and head for "THE SMACKDOWN"

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Pat O'Connor Fan, racegal, sapper211
8/21/16, 12:03 PM   #88
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
*****? Wth?

t isn't even wing vs non. Its about a big wing race in wing area.

Like I said the kings royal, open knox nationals chili bowl etc. WERE ALL NON SANCTION FOR YEARS. Imagine if the kinsers wolfgangs, swindells, allens ferkles etc. Were not allowed to run them those races first several years?

chances are none of those races would exist today.
Chances are none of those big paying races (except the KR) would exist were it not for Earl Baltes.

2 members like this post: bigq11, PIT CART
8/21/16, 12:07 PM   #89
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper211 View Post

You are correct sir, I don't make it to Badlands often enuff but it is 900 miles one way for me. I have made the trip 3-4 times tho.

2 members like this post: fish, sapper211
8/21/16, 12:30 PM   #90
i love dirt track racing

Should be a great racing event tonight. Good luck to all the great racing fans and teams and promoters that makes this sport that we all love happen. Good bad our ugly I love dirt track racing. Have fun and enjoy. Thanks.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, motorhead748, wildman92
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Badlands Speedway Gold Cup ?