IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC and D2 Midgets
12/8/15, 4:01 PM   #81
Re: USAC and D2 Midgets
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Instead of "COW PUNCHING" the rules on a forum, why not pick up your "ma bell", Cell Phone fer you young whipper snappers and CALL the series that you intend to race with....yea I know that is not as much fun as giving "YOUR" opinon on IOW as to what you would like or what you would do, so, if you are absolute set on having the rules the way YOU personally want them to fit your agenda, I would suggest you get started....puttin' in the MANY MANY MANY hours it takes to run a series or race track then set back and get ready to have EVERY DAG GUM THING critqued.

Hear are the rules....call, get CLEARIFCATION in writing (email) so you can have back up when you go to a series and you say "I was told it's legal".

Other than that.... I LOVE ALL YA'LL!!!!!!!! ...even you Bill Jones

If ya can't run with the SMALL DOGS....just stay under the porch!!!
http://i.imgur.com/lxV6GYl.gif

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

5 members like this post: Crankin, fish, hullracing, trannyman, xoxide
12/8/15, 4:11 PM   #82
LJC77

All that computer **** has no business in midget racing, it's not F-1.
Mechanical systems work just fine.

Let the guy behind the wheel win the race, not the geek behind the laptop who doesn't have the balls to strap in himself.

2 members like this post: hullracing, trannyman
12/8/15, 4:38 PM   #83
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Davis View Post
Instead of "COW PUNCHING" the rules on a forum, why not pick up your "ma bell", Cell Phone fer you young whipper snappers and CALL the series that you intend to race with....yea I know that is not as much fun as giving "YOUR" opinon on IOW as to what you would like or what you would do, so, if you are absolute set on having the rules the way YOU personally want them to fit your agenda, I would suggest you get started....puttin' in the MANY MANY MANY hours it takes to run a series or race track then set back and get ready to have EVERY DAG GUM THING critqued.

Hear are the rules....call, get CLEARIFCATION in writing (email) so you can have back up when you go to a series and you say "I was told it's legal".

Other than that.... I LOVE ALL YA'LL!!!!!!!! ...even you Bill Jones

If ya can't run with the SMALL DOGS....just stay under the porch!!!
http://i.imgur.com/lxV6GYl.gif

Wayne

Bet you just saying that

I lost your darned phone number>>>they painted the walls in my office.

You guys are doing good, What the heck is that "thing a ma bob" over the fuel tank?

LJC It is the "21st century" and that puter stuff takes a lot of guessing out of fueling.

Honest Dad himself

12/8/15, 4:49 PM   #84
LJC77

Don't give **** what century it is, thats just an excuse for someone to lazy to figure it out.

That computer bs where a lot of the crying is coming from. IE: traction control, variable timing, ect.

Use mechanical systems stop the crying, strap in n race
Last edited by LJC77; 12/8/15 at 4:53 PM.

2 members like this post: DAD, trannyman
12/8/15, 4:54 PM   #85
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
DAD, a little overa week ago, I became the somewhat proud owner of a midget, danged near complete, needs some TLC, but for the most part, complete, the guy started on it, and either ran out of money or lost his plan, anyway, all new shocks, wheels, front axle and spindles, arms etc, power steering, bladder tank, most everything except a radiator tray, and seat, however, it has a 2 liter, twin cam Neon in it, and after reading these rules, I may have made yet another mistake, course I like to play, but am short on pay, and without doing at least a little work on it, I think it's a boat anchor, I ain't much into Chrysler stuff, but this one kinda gets my paddle turning, and I wondered a long time ago, why I didn't just buy a sprint car and be done with it, I hate "stock" classes, nothing could be any more expensive than trying to keep it stock, yet run good, even if it's limited to just one make and model, it gets even more out of reason, could be a nice car, is not bad as is, just got anxious I guess, probably be another one sitting! Bob

Bob

Probably because it takes an army to move a sprint car.

I don't think you are too far off with the Neon Motor, I think the 2.4 is just a little larger version. Junk yard price of a 2.4 is probably $400.00 but I bet you could get the 2.0 exempted with a phone call. Then you need to find somebody with machine shop experience to work up a set of throttle bodies. Me I would get a M/C throttle body and cut and splice the thing together.

It sound like you are pretty close to being a Midget Racer Owner.

Honest Dad himself

12/8/15, 5:06 PM   #86
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJC77 View Post
Don't give **** what century it is, thats just an excuse for someone to lazy to figure it out.

That computer bs where a lot of the crying is coming from. IE: traction control, variable timing, ect.

Use mechanical systems stop the crying, strap in n race

LJC

The reason that D2 Midgets exist is because of all this 21st century technology. These little Automotive engines owe a lot of their power to computers, 4 valve cylinder heads, CAD design and production.

Imagine a 60 cubic inch Motor producing 200 Horsepower>>>That is F-1 performance and today you can go down to the corner and buy one right off the show room floor.

Honest Dad himself

12/8/15, 5:06 PM   #87
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

headed out tonight BJ....give ya a call when I'm on the road

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

1 member likes this post: DAD
12/8/15, 5:09 PM   #88
DAD

Wayne

PM me I wasn't kidding about the number.

BJ

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
12/8/15, 5:31 PM   #89
LJC77

Wrong, D2 concept was born more than 20 years ago and run very successfully, best part you could run what ever 4 cylinder you wanted.
Now everyone wants to run their own version of the same concept.
Now you have usac and poweri getting involved and nothing but ******** and crying about what motor what ignition and so on.
We watched what usac did with the focus series, people just don't seem to get the motor is just part of the expenses.
The cheapest motor is the one he already has.
We'll just have to sit back and watch how this "new revolution" excels.
But don't sit here and tell everyone this is some new and great idea that's going to save midget racing.
There's a much more affordable way to do it, and it's been proven for more than 20 years

1 member likes this post: DAD
12/8/15, 5:50 PM   #90
DAD

LJC

OK who are they and where do they run?

Honest Dad himself

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC and D2 Midgets