IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No way out rescheduled for sun
3/30/15, 3:32 PM   #71
Re: No way out rescheduled for sun
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I have yet to attend a No Way Out 40 for a variety of reasons, but I have followed the comments on IOW. I believe the sprint car count was in the fifties last year vs. twenty-eight this year, and the comments seem to indicate there was a very small crowd. I would imagine the promoter suffered a financial loss, and in hindsight wishes he had cancelled the race, as all the Ohio tracks did. When the temperatures are in the range they were yesterday, and rain is threatening, you can bet that only a few diehards will attend. I hope the event doesn't go by the wayside because of the lower car count, and low spectator turnout. Hope it's sunny and seventy next year!

1 member likes this post: fish
3/30/15, 4:16 PM   #72
bullring fan

I think the weather played a big part in the car count and spectator count. I am very glad we rolled the dise and went, With out a doubt some of the best racing i have seen in years, huge cushion wheelies down the front and back streach, slide job after slide job. Thank you Brownestown speedway!!!!!!

3/30/15, 4:20 PM   #73
cmiracingvids

Crowd and car count are a direct reflection of the weather. If you didn't go, however, you missed one HELL of a race!
The Icebreaker late model race the week before was standing room only. And it was $30 a person! The weather was almost perfect for that race. I'm sure this race won't go anywhere, and with the racing yesterday, I'm sure more and more people will show up.

5 members like this post: 1BIGracefan, Dirtfan, hbmundy, jim goerge, wildman92
3/30/15, 7:11 PM   #74
tq 91

during drivers meeting promoter stated he knew he was going to lose money, but wants to do this race for years to come. he had actually consider in previous weeks raising purse to $10,000.00 to win. with yesterdays results that he would have wait awhile before raising purse.

1 member likes this post: midget39
3/30/15, 7:33 PM   #75
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

So nobody can confirm anyone's purse or place was cut?

Why post rumors? It can do nothing but hurt.

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, jim goerge, PIT CART
3/30/15, 7:49 PM   #76
Sprints!

After watching this race I would gladly give more money to be assured it returns next year!

3/30/15, 8:25 PM   #77
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

I can confirm that there was talks about it being 10k to win this year.

3/30/15, 8:33 PM   #78
treecitytornado

Take the extra $2500 and use it towards $500 to start. Would like to run it if we are ready that early next year.

7 members like this post: billw, Geoff Kaiser, jim goerge, Leohr46, oldfan49, racing2a, Ty
3/31/15, 8:08 AM   #79
bigq11

I also would pay a little more to help keep this race at Brownstown. After all, I'll be paying $25 to see several 5K to win non wing races this year.

3/31/15, 8:33 AM   #80
Jbaldwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
Take the extra $2500 and use it towards $500 to start. Would like to run it if we are ready that early next year.
500 to start,sounds like a usac race not sure how that would go over

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, scottyCbus
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No way out rescheduled for sun