IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dave Darland
12/26/12, 2:59 PM   #71
Re: Dave Darland
Gene Franckowiak

Sometimes things don't need to be said. I believe that people see things for what they are or perceive them to be.....but in alot of cases, it doesn't need to be said out loud.....it can hurt people's feelings, affect if they get or don't get a sponsor, etc.

Example: If I was thinking about sponsoring Pauls cars and came upon this thread, it might cause me to rethink my position.....just sayin'.....you never can be sure how your words can affect someone.....even if you "didn't mean it".

2 members like this post: Steve
12/26/12, 3:02 PM   #72
Gene Franckowiak

How come Billy Puterbaugh Jr. does not run the USAC circuit ? I understand it pays much better than the local tracks and if you are racing to win and make money.....why not run the the highest purse possible ? This is not meant as a slight to BPJ, just a question.
Last edited by Gene Franckowiak; 12/27/12 at 4:16 PM.

12/26/12, 3:50 PM   #73
4wheelsinthekoosh

Cause I dont have clauson/stewart/leer/hell even phillips budget so I run close to home where my sh1t box can will and take home money to race next week. I did run the first usac show at gas city ran 4th. I ran usac for the first 6 years of running sprints when most of you keyboard jockies where not around. Hell i dont even think the internet was around yet. Yeeeee hawwwww john wayne toilet paper son. Ahhh you people can't have fun can ya.

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by 4wheelsinthekoosh; 12/26/12 at 4:18 PM.

12/26/12, 4:21 PM   #74
4wheelsinthekoosh

I am blaming all this on Call of Duty and guns. Hell everyone else does. (What to soon)

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: hoosierdaddy, monkeyboy, PIT CART, Roy Bleckert
12/26/12, 5:04 PM   #75
Gene Franckowiak

Well, I'm not exactly a keyboard jockey as you call it. I'm more of of a team owner kinda guy. I own a wing sprint car team in PA driven by Dave Ely, and am partners in a USAC team driven by Hunter Schuerenberg, so I am one wrung above a keyboard jockey I would think The reason I asked the question is that I watched Chase Stockon, who is a small team, run very respectably with USAC against its big budget teams. I am appreciative that you didn't include the USAC sprint car team that I am partners in with the big budget guys ........ My question still is...if the track is within 2 hours of a guys shop, what is the cost difference of running with USAC as I do not see where it cost more to run 25 laps with one group than another. Every race we run, we use fuel, tires, & engine wear....whether it pays 1200 or 6000 to win. I am interested in hearing the details of the cost difference.

When my wing team races a weekly show at Williams Grove it pays 3,000 to win and we use 2 tires, a tank of alcohol, have 25 laps of engine wear and car wear....and when the World of Outlaws comes to town and pays 10,000 to win, our expenses to run that race is the same as a weekly show.....so then, why is it different in non-wing racing ???

P.S. I tried to send this as a PM and your mailbox is full and won't accept messages.
Last edited by Gene Franckowiak; 12/26/12 at 5:07 PM.

12/26/12, 7:24 PM   #76
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by racegal View Post
OMG!! Well, thank you!
Rescheduled for tonight.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: racegal
12/26/12, 7:34 PM   #77
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Rescheduled for tonight.
Good ! Thank you John! That will be our tomorrow morning! Wild!

12/27/12, 5:37 AM   #78
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by racegal View Post
Good ! Thank you John! That will be our tomorrow morning! Wild!
Top 4 is all I've heard.
Larson/Pickens/Mosen/Coons

*Update* Maskovich 5th and Darland 6th

From Australian correspondents Len Jones and Jeremy Evans....posting live from NZ. Jeremey even said he remembered to bring his Velcro gloves with him. (So the sheep cant get away once you catch them )

*Update #2* Clauson and Buckwalter both ended up in the B-main where their nights ended.

Alex Bright had a flat tire in the A and was a DNF
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 12/27/12 at 7:13 AM.

4 members like this post: mowerman, racefan20, racegal
12/27/12, 7:19 AM   #79
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Thank you!!

12/27/12, 11:47 AM   #80
webster7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Franckowiak View Post
How come Billy Puterbaugh Jr. does not run the USAC circuit ? I understand it pays much better than the local tracks and if you are racing to win and make money.....why not run the the highest purse possible ? This is meant as a slight to BPJ, just a question.
I believe Putterbaugh does the best job of avoiding competition as anyone.(USAC) Plus the fact his engine would pump big as it's necessary to haul his ass around the track. Keep talking Billy. It's your bizarre way to acquire some attention.

3 members like this post: huggypole, sc17x
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dave Darland