IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > how true is this
7/21/10, 11:58 PM   #71
Re: how true is this
skids59

In time this track will close. We have a new interstate exchange 200yds north of the track that will be developed and a new hospital being built across I-57 from the track. I'll give it 2 more years at best, then "another one bites the dust".
Last edited by skids59; 7/22/10 at 12:33 AM. Reason: spelling

7/22/10, 12:04 AM   #72
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
1. You don't know my money situation, so there is a reason I haven't attended a race yet.

2. See number one.

Thank you.
For the most part, I agree with Jones. How about going to a race or two and becoming a race fan yourself, before you get on here and criticize or be a smart ass to actual real-life race fans, organizations, etc.?

Believe me, open wheel racing is a better value for your entertainment dollar than going to kiddie amusement parks or sitting in front of your computer coming up with excuses for not going to a race.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

7/22/10, 8:09 AM   #73
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
For the most part, I agree with Jones. How about going to a race or two and becoming a race fan yourself, before you get on here and criticize or be a smart ass to actual real-life race fans, organizations, etc.?

Believe me, open wheel racing is a better value for your entertainment dollar than going to kiddie amusement parks or sitting in front of your computer coming up with excuses for not going to a race.

Jerry
Amen Brother SHAW

7/22/10, 4:43 PM   #74
Brewer 14

Quote:

Jerry
I think the same thing about fans criticizing Drivers, Owners, and Promoters. But it still happens as this thread and many others are excellent examples of such.

J.L. Brewer

1 member likes this post: sprintsrule
7/22/10, 4:51 PM   #75
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer 14 View Post
I think the same thing about fans criticizing Drivers, Owners, and Promoters. But it still happens as this thread and many others are excellent examples of such.

J.L. Brewer
Fans are their paying customers. So, as long as they do it in a respectful manner, it's their right. So it's not the same thing at all. Now, demanding an apology for something a driver did on the track and not to an individual race fan personally, now that's out of line, IMO.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, racefan20
7/22/10, 7:16 PM   #76
Brewer 14

Quote:
Fans are their paying customers. So, as long as they do it in a respectful manner, it's their right. So it's not the same thing at all. Now, demanding an apology for something a driver did on the track and not to an individual race fan personally, now that's out of line, IMO.

Jerry
Seems that many of the posters on this thread are criticizing a couple of promoters and a driver for something that did not involve them in any way. On another they are critical of a drivers actions toward another driver (again not involving the posters). Which in the over all scheme of things I guess it is everyone's right to free speech. But I just don't understand the "fans" desire to be so critical of folks that try to promote and participate this sport. If you agree with what they are doing or not they are still putting a lot more time and money into this deal than a lot of the posters here.

I guess I was just raised wrong. My mom told me if I didn't have something nice to say then don't say anything at all.

J.L. Brewer

2 members like this post: sprintsrule
7/24/10, 9:41 AM   #77
lovindirt

This is just my say; but I feel that since the track promoter was the one who broke the contract then he's the one who should of called all drivers and owners and J T and John together and said hey, I have a problem here this is what it is, and then explained to all at once what was happening. He was to blame for what happened for breaking the contract to begin with. J T was just letting the people of the series know what was up so they wouldn't waste their time and money going on the track if they didn't trust the checks situation. their is a difference between a USAC check and a check from an unknown right.ASCT traveled to put on this show for him and the fans and they deserved the cash the locals can go to his bank right there at home town bank and ASCT would have to wait a week or 10 days to get it cleared or wait until his bank opened on Monday morning, and then have to miss work on Monday to travel back home. So really what was fair about the whole thing. the promoter should of set aside the money when he signed the contract, PERIOD. Just my take. Jeff
Last edited by lovindirt; 7/24/10 at 9:45 AM.

7/26/10, 7:04 PM   #78
Motormasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscs20 View Post
I think it is the same POS as you spoke of, Rick Heck.
J.T. was correct about the account of what happened for the most part. Hecks 2 boys, who race some fendered cars, were summoned to help their dad. When they jumped the guard rail on the pit ramp, they just started knocking down and swinging at innocent people....it was mob like. A couple of track workers helped too. And then the way we were treated and cussed at by the promotor during all of this, caused me to load my car and leave, as did my dad and his car. With the law on the way, and the rest of the pit (local drivers) attitude towards us, we left. Everyone wanted to stick together....shook hands on it and all, and then they still ran. I stood up for what I thought was right...I guess everyone else did what they thought was.
To the guy who asked, 10 cars started the A Main, Alex Shanks won.
Hey MSCS20, I wasn't gonna run either but I thought all of us decided to run because the promotor said only 1st & 2nd had to accept checks which he assured us would be good. I thought it was a 100% agreement with all of us.

As for the young man that got hit I told him to file charges against the promotor's son and I would testify for him since I seen it all happen. When the cops got there the promotors son was no where to be found.

7/26/10, 11:22 PM   #79
aceace

It's been about 10 days since the race... did the checks clear yet?

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > how true is this