IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Should LPS get a sprint week race in 2011?
Yes 81 81.82%
No 18 18.18%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Putnamville not in 2011 Indiana Sprint week
7/5/11, 5:11 PM   #71
Re: Putnamville not in 2011 Indiana Sprint we
sp6967

it was 5 crown- midget & sprint double headers ran by namars.

7/5/11, 5:17 PM   #72
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannalynn View Post
Apparently, I am not the only one confused about the origins of Indiana Sprint Week. Somebody has got to have some old NSSN issues from the early 80's to find out what the big series was that my parents called Indiana Sprint Week. Whatever it was, there were 5 or 7 races at different tracks in the same week and USAC wasn't involved and it started in 1982 or 1983. And Putnamville was part of it from the beginning. Racefan20, why are you so scared of my questions and comments being seen by other people who like sprint car racing?
Its got nothing to do with you, pulling up the dead horse here will do nothing to eventually get LPS a sprintweek date, in fact it will hinder it. They dont have a SW race this year, Paragon and North vernon arent part of it anymore either but I dont see you or DO posting about that. There are alot of us that would like to see them back in the "club" but putting this on here wont help. This info could have been passed privately very easily, not everything is about you.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/5/11, 5:28 PM   #73
curbservice

NAMARS and the 5 crown was a whole seperate deal. Indiana Sprint Week was started by the promoters as a way to run a small series to see who was the best local driver. USAC is the only sanctioning body to ever be involved in Sprint Week.

1 member likes this post: sp6967
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Putnamville not in 2011 Indiana Sprint week