IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bp?
7/15/09, 1:46 AM   #71
Re: Bp?
racinc1

Hello all, I read this forum alot but don't post much. However I feel something needs to be said on this topic. We were all taught to respect our elders and it just so happens alot of them are cantankerous old grumpy azzholes that speak there mind regardless of peoples perceptions. Granted most of them don't use the computer as often as Superduke does. That being said I feel that the era of USAC that he competed in earned him our respect even if you don't care for his personality. He raced when sex was safe and racing was dangerous. How many of the current young guns we all cheer for could have lived through that era driving over there heads and flipping 6 cars a yr or more. I used the stat progam that was posted and it came up that Duke had 117 USAC A-mains with one win and nearly 50% of his starts resulted in top 10 finishes. How many of us typing on here can claim anything that even comes near that. You don't have to like him or send him Christmas cards but he and all of his peers have earned our respect. I would like to think if some of the Superduke haters on here would approach things differently maybe instead of listening to him argue with you we could get some cool old stories out of him about this sport we all love.

Thank you for your time, Bob Carnaghi

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
7/15/09, 5:34 AM   #72
Redwood17257

This should make things very interesting. Thanks Mr. Carneghi for the stats

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
7/15/09, 7:25 AM   #73
Cale88

Just because Duke raced in an era that much of us respect doesn’t mean that I have to respect him in anyway. I don’t know much about him other than what he post on IOW and what others at the racetrack have said about him that has left me with a not to favorable opinion of him. Also do you really think if we just suck his ass and then he tells us his great old racing stories that they would even be worth listening too? I for one don’t care to hear them cause I wouldn’t believe a word he says and even if they where true what kind of stories would they be when I know they will all start with, I was the best, I did this, me great and only if the car wouldn’t had broke. Same old song and regardless of what he did in the past a jerk is a jerk no matter what they have done or accomplished. But please Superdud keep posting sticking up for yourself and your ideas cause I never would have thought I could laugh so hard about someone being a legend in their own mind.

7/15/09, 7:55 AM   #74
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cale88 View Post
just because duke raced in an era that much of us respect doesn’t mean that i have to respect him in anyway. I don’t know much about him other than what he post on iow and what others at the racetrack have said about him that has left me with a not to favorable opinion of him. Also do you really think if we just suck his ass and then he tells us his great old racing stories that they would even be worth listening too? I for one don’t care to hear them cause i wouldn’t believe a word he says and even if they where true what kind of stories would they be when i know they will all start with, i was the best, i did this, me great and only if the car wouldn’t had broke. Same old song and regardless of what he did in the past a jerk is a jerk no matter what they have done or accomplished. But please superdud keep posting sticking up for yourself and your ideas cause i never would have thought i could laugh so hard about someone being a legend in their own mind.
your right you don't know me and i'am not asking you to like me!!! So whats your claim too fame? I never said i was the best or great! But i 'm sure you are a stupid ass hole!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

[QUOTE=Vukie;118580][QUOTE=openwheelKT;118578]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post

your right! Like salt wathers never made a usac sprint car feature!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Denny zimmerman jerry karl eldon rasmussen john mahler janet & lynn bill simpson do you think just because you make indy your a great driver? Tell guys like rollie beale billy casella scrath daniels chuck gurney charley masters tommy astone tell them that there zero's cause the did not get a chance at indy!!!!!!! So you can kiss my You stupid jerk![COLOR="Black"]

Salt Walther made 3 USAC Sprint features in 1970.
WELL THAT FOR SURE WITH HIS DADS $$$$$$$$$ MAKES HIM A INDY DRIVER

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bp?