IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > I have an idea.....
8/7/14, 1:02 AM   #61
Re: I have an idea.....
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

360s won't show so dump that idea,

8/7/14, 8:12 AM   #62
rclaridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
Let's make this simple for 360 guys. NO WINGS AT ALL! Run the 360's with out them. Make it a 410/360 double header on the quarter. That way the 360 guys are involved, and sprint fans won't have to watch the wings.
like it or not a lot of people actually like wing racing and they pack the stands, I much prefer non wing, but if he adds a wing class everybody's happy...jmo

1 member likes this post: fish
8/7/14, 8:25 AM   #63
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

Somebody tell me if I cross that fine line into the category of "sprint car snob"! While I prefer nonwing , I love ALL SPRINT CARS!!! Put any kind of sprint car on a track and I'm probably gonna b there.

2 members like this post: fish, mtek56
8/7/14, 10:23 AM   #64
SWScaleChassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell View Post
I wish I only had to work on it midweek, Sunday 5 hrs, Monday 8hrs, Tuesday 7 Hrs. Everyday is a work on track day! Unless it rains, then it's work on other stuff day, lol. I wonder myself how many laps I make? I should put a transponder on. Lol
Awesome that not only do you work, you promote, and you POST! You interact with the fans. You let us know what youre thinking..

I've never been to Lawrenceburg. Only read about it and seen it on the JackSlash videos. But after seeing this post, and reading all the good things folks are saying, I'll make it a point to visit now.

Love the idea. Put whatever you want on the track. I'll just be happy to be there!

3 members like this post: Dave Rudisell, fish, i love dirt track racing
8/7/14, 1:03 PM   #65
bzneil

The burg is my home track, My Dad was the promoter back in the 70's, and it makes me so happy to see Dave doing these kind of things. This is the kind of stuff a lot of tracks did back then. Even if it never happens it is great to hear he is thinking of new ways to Entertain us fans, because at the end of the day that is what it is really all about. I think it would be cool to make the 1/4 mile portion a vintage promoted event to pay homage to the history of the old track and also showcase the transition to the great track it is today. I know all of us vintage racers would love to take part and make some exhibition laps on the 1/4. I would even put up some sponsorship money for the "Back to the 1/4 invitational" or something like that.
Last edited by bzneil; 8/7/14 at 1:04 PM.

4 members like this post: EPSpeed, fish, i love dirt track racing, mtek56
8/7/14, 1:59 PM   #66
410fuelinjected

How would a Midget program on the 1/4 mile night one and points from night one carry over to a non wing 3/8 show night two. Try and raise additional (25-50-100 or any amount from board members or anybody wanting to help be a part of this) over the winter for a bonus of 5K for anybody winning both events.

8/7/14, 4:25 PM   #67
Scooter

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: 50+

If I drive from PA to watch this show it better be wingless!!! Just sayin...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > I have an idea.....