IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wanted Chili Bowl Driver
10/26/09, 5:47 PM   #61
Re: Wanted Chili Bowl Driver
DAD

I've known aj felker since he was a pup and casey for several years now. I'v watched them up close in the pits and they do they work real well together. Aj can put a car under him add casey can drive the wheels tires and or exhaust off of them. Put them together with big bucks and watch out! Did i mention that aj builds the frames and engines a real old school racer or a guy getting the most out of every dollar. I think casey finished 11th in last years chili bowl

2 members like this post: Bruce Harrison, DWX 9929
10/26/09, 6:09 PM   #62
darnall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortboyz View Post
i'm thinkin' kevin olson would be a popular hire........

good call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/26/09, 10:27 PM   #63
DWX 9929

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
I've known aj felker since he was a pup and casey for several years now. I'v watched them up close in the pits and they do they work real well together. Aj can put a car under him add casey can drive the wheels tires and or exhaust off of them. Put them together with big bucks and watch out! Did i mention that aj builds the frames and engines a real old school racer or a guy getting the most out of every dollar. I think casey finished 11th in last years chili bowl
I've only known A.J. for a couple of years but from the first time I visited his shop I was completely impressed with his knowledge and ability. What he can do with limited funds is amazing. If he ever gets some serious money behind him- look out. Some pretty good drivers has piloted his cars (Kuhn, Ballou, both Shumans just to name a few). They must know something. Yes,an old school racer- How many owners today want to build their own 48' trailer!

10/26/09, 11:23 PM   #64
cshuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Ive driven for ALOT of different owners in my life..and what aj does with what he has is pretty amazing. I have told everyone i know that if i ever got a deal that i could bring a crew chief, he would be the guy, no doubt. Give him half the budget a Kunz or Stewart type team has and he WILL win alot of races. He built 3 brand new cars for chili bowl in 08 which were nice cars, he just never waste dumb money on fancy vinyl and polished radius rods. who knows i might be at the bowl again with him this year and look forward to trying to make the A for a 3rd time in 4 attempts in a black 37.
Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, Bruce Harrison
10/27/09, 2:52 AM   #65
midgetmaniac

He is doing something right because he has had alot of good shoes in his cars

10/27/09, 1:49 PM   #66
Ikerd Racing

Jeff Bland would have to be an excellant choice

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wanted Chili Bowl Driver