Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > That
12/28/22, 11:11 PM   #61
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlin-Hoosier View Post
I'll Drink to THAT
THAT’s very nice!

Last edited by Rpracing1; 12/29/22 at 9:39 AM.

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld, tirespinner
12/29/22, 3:01 AM   #62
Re: That
B99

2020 is correct. The statute has an exception for race tracks, which would be the "Speedway" exception and it would apply to other such facilities as well, regardless of size.

If you read the statute, it also has and exception for other outdoor venues (I'm thinking a Klipsch style venue) as well.

Finally, the penalty is NOT against the facility, but against the person trying to bring it in to the facility.

So, a race track CAN allow outside liquor in, but they don't have to. A track can prohibit coolers or beer from coming in, but they can allow it even if they sell beer on prem.

12/29/22, 2:53 PM   #63
cowboyhar69

All this info on alcohol……. Meanwhile I’m still wondering if we will see racing at the Action Track and who the promoter will be. 😁
I have an idea who “ might” be the promotor but it’s just a wild hunch on my part

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

12/29/22, 3:23 PM   #64
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
All this info on alcohol……. Meanwhile I’m still wondering if we will see racing at the Action Track and who the promoter will be. 😁
I have an idea who “ might” be the promotor but it’s just a wild hunch on my part
Thank you very much,back to the original topic.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

12/29/22, 5:07 PM   #65
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by diversified View Post
Track Enterprises/ Bob Sargeant is coming back...and the "TBA" on USAC's schedule are THAT shows
So is this a fact or just Xmas wishing?

1 member likes this post: cowboyhar69
12/29/22, 5:38 PM   #66
TQ29m

I was going to add, the last time we were at Oak Ridge, we got there and were greeted by a humongous stack of coolers, they weren't kidding, you either left your coolers, or you just left, didn't bother me, or our crew, as long as we got it back when we left was good enough, and we did, but I think that was about the time they shut down, probably because of something else, but the message was clear, just sayin.

12/29/22, 7:20 PM   #67
ThrowbackRacingTeam

I don’t think coolers should be allowed in grandstands or bleachers at any track as they take up prime seats. They should be limited to infields or tracks with hillside seating with wide concrete steps. In most states outside of Indiana, coolers are not allowed period. If Hoosier fans need a buzz to enjoy racing, drink a few before then buy a couple from the track or go back to your car and slam one at intermission. I’ve done it a thousand times.

5 members like this post: bighd0522, Dale, jdull99, John P Huss, TNRustler
12/29/22, 7:22 PM   #68
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by diversified View Post
Track Enterprises/ Bob Sargeant is coming back...and the "TBA" on USAC's schedule are THAT shows

1 member likes this post: cowboyhar69
12/29/22, 8:46 PM   #69
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
I asked the same question back on 12/21….. no response as yet.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, Steve Wendel
12/29/22, 10:44 PM   #70
flagboy55

I have to say, all of this banter is entertaining if nothing else. I want to say one thing, that applies to this topic especially. I don’t think anyone on IOW is a liar. We may say something confident to our perspective, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s correct. Nodrama cited the statute for us all to read. Brent said he witnessed it from an excise officer. I don’t question Brent or 2020, I do however question anything involved with government and those whose job it is to enforce such matters. Bottom line is cooler policy is not going to play a big factor in attendance. I can tell you with absolute certainty, one hand on the Bible, the biggest factor that causes me not to attend in person is races that are not on Saturday night. I absolutely hate that fact that I almost always have to alter my work schedule to go to this iconic race track

2 members like this post: addictedtodirt, cowboyhar69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > That